free hit
counters
Vacuum hoses when fitting BOE CAI - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Vacuum hoses when fitting BOE CAI

Go to solution Solved by agentdr8,

Hi Everyone, PO had fitted BOE CAI, however the vacuum hose arrangement doesn't look right. Car is MY12 NA. The red vacuum hose to the exhaust flap solenoid valve and the hose off the inlet manifold are not connected to anything - see pic. The vacuum switching valve is electrically connected but has no hoses connected which I think is correct. The BOE fitting instructions are not too clear on this (to me!). I think the red exhaust flap hose should connect to the inlet manifold take off? 

DSC_0910.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would be correct. The exhaust valve is controlled by another solenoid (VSV) mounted to the rear subframe, and it needs a vacuum source. I would connect the red and black hoses together. As it stan

Posted Images

• Solution

You would be correct. The exhaust valve is controlled by another solenoid (VSV) mounted to the rear subframe, and it needs a vacuum source. I would connect the red and black hoses together. As it stands, you currently have a vacuum leak. 

• Thanks 1