free hit
counters
New lotus owner, want to track my exige, but cant because of exhaust - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New lotus owner, want to track my exige, but cant because of exhaust

Hi everyone. I have just today secured my first ever lotus exige 410. I am so excited and cant wait to take delivery.

i have the factory exhaust and understand it is too loud for uk track days.

i have looked at alternatives and it appears 2bular and komotec make new exhausts to suit.

questions;

1, are they any good, quality, fit, finish etc..

2, easy to take on and off when needed? 
3, which do you all recommend or prefer. ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Both 2bular and Komo-Tec have a long and solid track record of quality products for the Exige's and other modern Lotus.  Komo-tec also do a "decibel eater" that you push into the centre of the pig snout exhaust. I am sure also that people like @Hangar111 and @Seriouslylotus can offer loads of advice on the products they sell, and as ever numerous Exige owners that regularly track their cars will be along shortly to provide the insights you need.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Actually you can get on track at many UK circuits. However most that do a static test will be difficult as you will likely blow over 104db. 

Anglesey will be fine as will Silverstone and Donington but you will need to lift through the noise meters. 

Its a ball ache to change over the exhaust unless you are adept at it

One fix is the Komotec dB eater for non titanium exhaust. Knocks off about 3db and is easily screwed on or off

Look for static at least 103db and 100db driveby