free hit
counters
Spy Who Loved Me Esprit S1 Scalextric Car - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Spy Who Loved Me Esprit S1 Scalextric Car

tomcattom

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can see a few of them making it to the bottom of the fish tank! :lol:

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I had heard Scalextric were thinking of doing a V8 Esprit too but the damn thing kept stopping around the track and proved too expensive to tool right.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Looks like a the S1 is slated for release in the Summer and the JPS S2 in the Autumn.

I wonder if the FYEO or Essex turbos are going to follow in the not too distant future too?

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Looks decent but I’m sure they could’ve done a better job with the front bumper design! The rear lip spoiler looks a bit lacking in the pic shown too. Pity when you look at the detail of the wheels, and the body generally…..but overall nice to see😎

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

That might not be the final render. The JPS car picture wasn't very good when first announced back in January last year, but a subsequent release of an updated image later in the year looked much better, so hopefully the inaccuracies on this will be addressed before release later this year. Either way it's nice to be able to add another Esprit to my Scalextric collection :)

• Like 1

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Did you watch the series about Hornby? They own Scalextric - it showed how the designers make the models and the lengths they go to to get the accuracy right. Indeed they made a model of a Formula E car and used the actual design drawings of the real car to make the model. 

• Like 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, oneshot said:

Did you watch the series about Hornby? They own Scalextric - it showed how the designers make the models and the lengths they go to to get the accuracy right. Indeed they made a model of a Formula E car and used the actual design drawings of the real car to make the model. 

Great series actually Dave as it included Airfix as well as Hornby and Scalextric. If anyone is interested you can see the episodes here for free (you may to register, but nothing to pay and no auto opt-in to advertising):   https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/hornby-a-model-world/watch-online/6284300923001

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!