free hit
counters
Trying to source LH door latch - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Trying to source LH door latch

Hello everyone,

As the title suggests I am desperately trying to source a passenger side (left hand side) door latch for my 2009 Evora. The micro-switch in my latch failed almost a year ago, so my car has constantly been draining the battery since. I have tried to source the part through a dealer, as well as various websites, but so far have had no luck. I have been told that it is possible to buy a set of both latches, so on the off chance someone has done that, and still has the passenger side unit lying around, I thought I would post on here.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that it might be an obvious ask but have you tried ES Motorsports yet?

(And I don’t mean their eBay page - actually calling them?)

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, agentdr8 said:

I was able to order a LHS latch from Deroure/B&C and it showed up in about 2 weeks. 

How long ago was this? I've been told by Lotus Silverstone that Lotus currently have a large back order. I've left a message with them, hopefully they'll get back to me.

4 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

You’ll be much better off phoning ES (rather than emailing or otherwise). 

Managed to get through, someone will take a look on Monday. Fingers crossed one of these leads will have one in stock.

Edited by Relic222
41 minutes ago, Relic222 said:

How long ago was this? I've been told by Lotus Silverstone that Lotus currently have a large back order. I've left a message with them, hopefully they'll get back to me.

It was a few months ago, so it's quite possible that available stock has depleted, and is currently backlogged with the factory.