free hit
counters
Re-trimmed wheel - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

M100 are ace - a truly wonderful driving experience. S2 has the natty Nardi steering wheel - to push this thread nearly back on title.

Justin 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 09/01/2021 at 15:30, mayevora said:

Quite looking forward to seeing this back on the car. 2014 wheel was sent off a month ago for a re-trim to bring it in line with the rest of the Sport Racer Alcantara interior. This is going to give so much more ‘feel’ than the original hard leather.

6F5BE4BC-C860-4401-B8F1-006DC1E79A9E.jpeg

Did the company take the wheel off or DIY? I have very limited skills!

"Simplify, then add lightness”

Hi Rob

I didn’t do it. South West Lotus Centre did.

There are plenty of ‘YouTube’ steering wheel removal vids but didn’t want to risk it.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

On 10/02/2021 at 21:19, mayevora said:

Hi Rob

I didn’t do it. South West Lotus Centre did.

There are plenty of ‘YouTube’ steering wheel removal vids but didn’t want to risk it.

Was the re-trim expensive?

"Simplify, then add lightness”

How are you finding the feel of the alcantara? The car I bought had the wheel trimmed already but I’m thinking of having the 9 and 3 positions in perforated leather and slightly thicker. 

I’m not sure this is real alcantara mind. 

E1443FD5-290C-425C-917B-7AB6A7C7656E.jpeg

It looks like real alcantara from the pic.....Remember, its a synthetic product, not really posh!

Yours works well with the dash and door cards. The top half looks slightly thicker than standard, someone may have chosen that when getting it trimmed in full alcantara.....

I've just had mine retrimmed with leather top and bottom and alcantara on the sides.....looks great. Hopefully will wear ok!

On 18/02/2021 at 19:41, Welshwiseguy said:

How are you finding the feel of the alcantara? The car I bought had the wheel trimmed already but I’m thinking of having the 9 and 3 positions in perforated leather and slightly thicker. 

I love the feel of the alcantara. I remember my first drive in an Esprit Sport 300 with its alcantara steering wheel about 15 years back thinking it was comfortable, grippy and not nearly as cold as leather on a winters drive.

Personally I’d keep it especially as it goes well with the rest of your alcantara trim and red stitching. 😊👍

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I also love the feel of alcantara.

As the wife is now getting on a bit, I politely suggested I treated her to a full Alcantara retrim so she'd be all soft and cuddly again.

Thankfully, the week I was in the ICU ward there were no COVID positives.  Phew!!!!

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Not too sure how they compare with others on price, it was £235 plus return postage for alcantara with a central marker.  The finish is very good, I’m impressed by the stitching.

They seem to have a good range for customising materials/colours, and have done a wide variety of jobs, which is the main reason I went for them.