free hit
counters
2021 project - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here she is - not exactly in one piece🤪

So started with the 4x4 look  and then up up and away

Posted Images

He’s got a really quick ride on mower in the background 👍

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Let me guess, it needed/needs chassis repairs hence it being in that state? Or was there some other reason for it being like that?

• Love 1

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

• Gold FFM

Someone else started a DIY chassis replacement and then run out of money/enthusiasm? Where in the country did you find it?

A friend of mine has a pretty early Cerbera and I've spent many hours helping out with work on that car.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

This was offered to me from someone in the trade. It’s been sat in the back of a unit for a while awaiting time to complete the rebuild. They simply haven’t got round to it. 
Saw the vehicle last week and it’s all as it should be - just needs time and a few quid here and there on bits. The expensive material stuff is all there I think/hope 🤪

I had absolutely no interest in a tvr - but it seemed good value - and it’ll be a fun exercise I’m sure 

• Like 2

Only here once

I suppose one ought to ask how the clutch is.

Thought that TVR's reputation was somewhat worse than a Lotus. 

• Haha 1

Should be fun, no rust just spannering to do. Plus as long as its all there you dont have the misery of taking the rusty bits apart.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Obviously a different model, but you may find some contacts/references here useful. (this is Big Bro's website)

https://www.gbsportscar.com/

• Love 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

I’ve always like these - In fact always liked all TVRs. Look great and sound great. Only downside imo is it’s one of the very few manufacturers that the owners size needs to be smaller than in Lotus ownership.

Nice colour.

• Love 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Very nice little project! If it’s any good when you’re finished and you want to get rid let me know, my brother quite fancies one.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

It arrives tomorrow - first job is to line up the boxes on the shelf and assess what I’ve got.

Going to whip the body back off - it’s bolted on only in 4 places currently apparently. Just so I can have a proper look at stuff - I can also prep the engine Bay Area fully.

the chassis is apparently new - engine the same. It’s a really decent base to start from. It would look like the main brake lines have all been replaced. But it’s missing flexis. There’s a lot to do - but probably not as much as when I whipped the body off the S4s. Sadly I’ve not got the same free time currently - but I’m really looking forwards to progressing this one with an aim to have mot by end of May 

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, mayevora said:

Only downside imo is it’s one of the very few manufacturers that the owners size needs to be smaller than in Lotus ownership

Eh? Lotus and TVR are two of the very few car makes that take my 6'3" height with reasonable ease, in particular TVRs!

Peter Wheeler was 6'6" and it's widely rumoured that he wouldn't allow any design through that he couldn't comfortably drive himself :lol:

Project looks great. I've re-chassis'd (made up word?) a couple of TVRs myself I the past, a 3000M and a Vixen. Both times I used new chassis as the old ones were bloody awful once you got the body off to look at them. Its a heap of work if you're going to do the job properly, it's like building a new car from scratch. Just hope it doesn't need any bodywork - I spent hundreds of hours getting the body perfect on the Vixen and then sold it because it was too nice to drive :lol:

Who's the dealer? I want the 3000M that I can see in the back of the photo you posted, that car was my favourite of all time, including all my Lotus :cry:

Edited by duncx
  • Like 1

Here the link @duncx. It’s owned an run by a true enthusiast - it’s his retirement hobby.

https://www.amoreautos.co.uk/sales?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgf_y7N-U7gIV4-jtCh3eOwb_EAAYASABEgKsV_D_BwE

Only here once

8 minutes ago, duncx said:

Peter Wheeler was 6'6" and it's widely rumoured that he wouldn't allow any design through that he couldn't comfortably drive himself :lol:

Exactly the same as me then lol - and still more room in a Lotus 🤣

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Peter Wheeler was a lovely fella and very approachable. I spoke to him a few times when he was racing his TVRs

I never had the pleasure of meeting him but his true enthusiasm came through in every interview he gave and the cars he made!

Funny about the space thing, TVRs always felt slight more roomy for me than Lotus, maybe it's a difference in proportion :lol:

Barry, that site is like a sweet shop -     m  u  s  t        r  e  s  i  s  t ........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes that’s an interesting trader. I am not a TVR man, so wasn’t aware of that company. It’s surprising that he’s showing 13 Chimaeras, but only 2 Griffiths. I always thought that there wasn’t much difference in build numbers. Also interesting how relatively valuable the V8 S models are. I always considered them to be a tier below the Chimaera and Griffith, but that no longer seems to be the case. Anyway my favourite on there is the 400SE wedge. Looks nice but underneath too.

The Chimaeras are really knocked on value unless documentation and evidence can prove the chassis has been done. It’s a real issue with them. Hence the ones that’s are more affordable and the ones at the top end. Apparently anyone into TVRs know this 🤪.  Looking around - it does seem to be very much the case.

Only here once

23 minutes ago, duncx said:

I never had the pleasure of meeting him but his true enthusiasm came through in every interview he gave and the cars he made!

Funny about the space thing, TVRs always felt slight more roomy for me than Lotus, maybe it's a difference in proportion :lol:

It must be my 20 stone girth lol 😜

You also need to go a long way to beat the TVR interior facia/dash designs - with the attention to detail they are more like works of art especially with the later cars (Griffith/Chimaera/Tamora/Tuscan/Sagaris)

😊👍

• Like 1