free hit
counters
2021 project - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here she is - not exactly in one piece🤪

So started with the 4x4 look  and then up up and away

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mg4lotus said:

You've lowered the car onto a telegraph pole to stop anyone from stealing it?

Country immobiliser 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Congrats Barry, looks like a great project and a very good choice!

But did you have to post the link to that dealer?? Now I'm doing the man-maths and thinking how I could get there. 🙂

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

This just popped up on my FB earlier.

5EF32632-07D5-4EA3-A027-E291AD6B9B3A.jpeg

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Yup - I’ve seen that particular car in the flesh. A nice thing. 
I will try and get this one looking as nice - but usable is more important to me. 

• Like 2

Only here once

Tonight was have a wee clean up of filthy oily bits. 653858AD-3258-4B33-A39C-A8F2B4170525.thumb.jpeg.fdca63d712ffb5fee7ab4ca502006516.jpeg

ive now identified the brake discs and pads I need - and have ordered those along with a set of braided flexis.

a quick look at the cabin wiring and my first task will be to eliminate this cluster mess of old immobiliser which I defo do not have the fobs for.C6AAE265-1ED3-408C-BCE3-412EBB7778B7.thumb.jpeg.d23ce775833911ba2be6c33af3b6f75a.jpeg

Only here once

That @exeterjeep will cost an absolute fortune to put right - I considered the silver one a couple of years ago that’s now being broken in Germany.

onwards with the tvr. 
Lower dash panel offered up and bolted in today. The old immobilisers removed and wiring reinstated.
Dash panel stripped down and Sticky carbon fibre junk removed. Panel whizzed over with the DA - just need some primer now and it’ll get a coat of black paint.
Slow progress - but progress none the less

Only here once

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly no progress recently - mainly due to having to stay away for work. 
I now have a pile of brake parts - just awaiting the rear discs which have been slow to come. Discs, pads and flexis all round - £174 !! Now that’s stunning value. I’ll see if I can figure out what bolts I need to fix the calipers to the uprights today - and get new replacements ordered. Maybe I can bolt some more bits on this week as I’m local working.

Only here once