free hit
counters
Top Gear’s Top 9: Formula One game-changers - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Top Gear’s Top 9: Formula One game-changers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m surprised that the first ground effect car from 1977 doesn’t get an entry. That was certainly a game changer.

I think that Lotus have a fair claim to no. 6 as well (first carbon F1 car): “on the 23rd February 1981, without any fanfare, Elio De Angelis changed F1 forever, by driving the latest in a long a

And that would make it a more sensible Top 10.

What about the 2009 Brawn? Came from nowhere with an orthodox engine and completely demolished the big budget teams with their new fanged KERS systems straight from pre-season testing right through until the Constructors’ championship was as good as over. The car Button called a ‘Monster’ with its blown diffuser.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

I think that Lotus have a fair claim to no. 6 as well (first carbon F1 car):

“on the 23rd February 1981, without any fanfare, Elio De Angelis changed F1 forever, by driving the latest in a long and illustrious line of Team Lotus innovation, which happened to be the first composite chassis F1 car to take to the track.”

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

What about the 2009 Brawn? Came from Honda.

EFA. 

Honda spent huge amounts of money on that car before deciding to pull out of F1 at relatively short notice. Brawn’s major input was getting the Mercedes engine to work in place of the Honda powerplant. 

• Like 1