Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just seen this from the Telegraph on youtube.

Puts things into perspective somewhat. 

Couple diagnosed with 3 diseases - 1 of which was CV - NO ANTIBIOTIC treatment, just let the body's immune system take care of it (all be it in a controlled environment).

I obviously don't want to diminish the impact of suffering from this disease or worse still dying from it but don't we all need to get a grip. I won't be surprised, after the hysteria dies down if CV doesn't just become another 'normal' disease and risk, much like flu is today. Surely, on a global scale, we need exposure amongst the general population to build up a natural immunity?

Or am I way off?

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Maybe the one who made the virus in the first place. 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

My wife read somewhere that vaccination trials might start end of April. So that’s another couple of months before we can consider anything medical being the solution. Obviously it would then take longer to approve, manufacture, distribute and administer to the general public.

Cheesed off! This hysteria has caused the Geneva motor show to be cancelled ............. Flights hotel all booked months ago. 

It is just a flu virus. We aren't told every day how many people have succumbed to 'normal' flu

• Like 1

Cheesed off! This hysteria has caused the Geneva motor show to be cancelled ............. Flights hotel all booked months ago. 

It is just a flu virus. We aren't told every day how many people have succumbed to 'normal' flu

Trying to cheer myself up!

87572625_2531615150430851_2583440618298540032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=lYLeAdC7JEwAX_pfplx&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=fffa0474d9deacafc07d7b67554a1d01&oe=5EF580A1

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oilmagnet477 said:

....... was CV - NO ANTIBIOTIC treatment, just let the body's immune system take care of it (all be it in a controlled environment).

I obviously don't want to diminish the impact of suffering from this disease or worse still dying from it but don't we all need to get a grip. I won't be surprised, after the hysteria dies down if CV doesn't just become another 'normal' disease and risk, much like flu is today. Surely, on a global scale, we need exposure amongst the general population to build up a natural immunity?

Or am I way off?

Being a virus, antibiotics wouldn't be an option, they are normally used against bacteria. There are anti-viral drugs but CV is so new that there's no evidence that any work against it.

He mentioned they has Pneumonia, as though it's a disease in itself. It's more of a symptom. Your body gets an infection in the lung and your body ends up building up fluid in the lung, that is the pneumonia. As such, how that's dealt with depends on the cause, if the cause was CV then again antibiotics aren't an option, but if it was a bacteria then they may be. Double pneumonia meaning fluid building up in both lungs.

But it was the Telegraph, so relatively accurate for them isn't it?

The "problem" with CV is that it's new, none of us have an existing or inherited immunity. Like a new computer virus that's so new and innovative that none of the AV programmes have been designed to find it.

That is a problem. Think of immunity as control rods in a nuclear reactor, Mumps is OK as long as most people  are vaccinated / immune, we're now seeing trends where whole groups haven't been vaccinated, that means it can spread from vulnerable person to vulnerable person. If you have lots of immune people then the disease is less able to spread because most people you'd come into contact with wouldn't be able to pass on the disease as they're body would have irradiated it as soon as it tried to enter (like a control rod in a nuclear reaction).

So, if CV was an old established disease like Mumps, it wouldn't be too bad, but currently it's like there are no control rods , so it could go to chain-reaction. The good news is that it's not 100% fatal.

Isn't that the case with all seasonal flu though? The flu vaccine only increases the chance of being immune to a flu virus it doesn't guarantee protection as each virus type mutates.

Don't get me started with the Nuclear power analogy btw 😂 

One of the worst days so far for Coronavirus was the 10th of February. On that day, 108 persons in CHINA died of Coronavirus.

BUT, on the same day 26,283 people died of Cancer

24,641 people died of Heart Disease

4,300 people died of Diabetes and on that day, Suicide, unfortunately, took more lives than the virus did, by 28 times.

Moreover, Mosquitoes kill 2,740 people every day, HUMANS kill 1,300 fellow humans every day and Snakes kill 137 people every day.

Keep doing your stuff people, and wash your hands.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I've heard sale of Corona beer have taken a hit too.  There are some seriously stupid people out there.

4 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Just seen this from the Telegraph on youtube.

Couple diagnosed with 3 diseases - 1 of which was CV - NO ANTIBIOTIC treatment, just let the body's immune system take care of it (all be it in a controlled environment).

Or am I way off?

Ant, you have 666 likes at the moment!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Massive problem with population on the Planet 1bn in 1900 - 7.8bn in 2020

Let nature do its thing. One way to shut up the Climate Change whinge bags

I have an opinion about the planet.

Mother Nature says to herself,

"If you guys won't control the population numbers, I will. Here you go. Have this newbie."

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

More perspective, as I wrote in my "I'm in China thread" I believe there are more people alive in China than would have been if the virus had not come.

Approximately 260,000 people die on the roads in China per annum, assuming a reduction of 66% of road deaths for February (very conservative, I estimate road traffic is about 10% of normal) over 7000 people have not died on the roads, versus 3000 people dead of the virus.

Of course I am not belittling the virus, its the reason I am stuck in my apartment and have only worked 1 day in the last 5 weeks.

6 hours ago, ramjet said:

"If you guys won't control the population numbers, I will. Here you go. Have this newbie."

and when this approach fails, we'll no doubt recieve a giant fireball from space to sort things out!

Interesting thought on the RTA statistics. 

11 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Ant, you have 666 likes at the moment!

Given that my Elite's registration is THD 666R, that would seem somewhat appropriate!

@Bibs can you do something so I can't get any more please? :devil:

• Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

14 hours ago, andydclements said:

So, if CV was an old established disease like Mumps, it wouldn't be too bad, but currently it's like there are no control rods , so it could go to chain-reaction

So it's like that Zombie series on Netflix. Wonder if that's the next phase?

Better get your cricket and baseball bats modified with nails and chains. According to the series a sharp blow to the temple does it  Job done.

I blame the media for the hype. Fine to report the facts, but all this other stuff is just feeding hysteria. One good side effect is we're not talking Brexit or austerity anywhere near enough.

I'm just going to have a cup of tea and get on with everything and assume the reason I'm feeling shit today is that I have a cold/the flu.... 👀

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

On a macro scale, I'm firmly in the corner of those believing this is blown out of all proportion.  However, I'm a baaad asthmatic, no stranger to emergency treatment and even intensive care, so I'm in that tiny percentage at risk of death if I contract the virus.  Therefore, somewhat ambivalent!  We just need common sense, not panic.

And no, none of you can have my GT3.

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

The media do stir it, but on the other hand areas of countries are not put in shut down for no reason. I find it quite worrying. I heard on the radio that there was some report that some already affected and recovered had caught it again. 

All this talk of a cure being found soon, really? 

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"