free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 127 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

I do have a mobile or 2, but none are new enough to use the app. My main mobile is over 13 years old and it still makes phone calls....which is what I bought it for.. Don't pay a monthly fee either.

You haven't got a Nokia 3310, have you? If so, can you let @Buddsyhave it so he can drag himself into the 21st century?

TIA.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now there is a brilliant idea. I have been having some texts with a member on here who has lost someone last week to this. My bet is Chris Whitty is probably more qualified than anyone to tell

This sign should me made mandatory in all public spaces!! 

Daisy did her first 4 hr vaccination shift today. 3 hrs prep and paperwork - 1 hour jabbing. 20 folks done. She goes again Sunday  one very proud Dad today

Posted Images

I’m still waiting for the Police to take any action against our neighbours for having a 3 day New Year’s Eve party with at least 3 other households. It’s a 5 minute drive from the Police Station and they were even provided with the offenders’ car registration numbers and photos to cross-reference, but nothing. Covidiots just laughing at the rest of us, whilst people are dying in our hospitals.

• Sad 1

@LotusLeftLotusRight,this is why the various tier restrictions and lockdowns don’t work as effectively as they should.............almost zero enforcement of the rules😠

When plod openly tell people that they won’t enforce restrictions, as they have in the past, and judges overturn fines because they were supposedly handed out with incorrect procedures, no wonder people feel they can just ignore those rules which don’t suit them🙄

It boils down to a lack of officers, not the actual officers themselves. There are not enough to enforce or Police the lockdown, other countries such as France have the Gendarmerie to back up the police.

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hmmm, lack of officers, I’m sure there are plenty of arguments against (and probably for) that statement so let’s not go there🤔

Another F1 drivetyhas tested positive. This time it's Lando Norris in Dubai

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

So Daisy is at Exeter uni - she’s had to have a series of Covid tests to be allowed back to campus - and has them routinely so that she can go back properly and start clinical placements. Only medical and other related courses have been allowed to restart and it’s being done really carefully.

yesterday - another student on a bloody media course or some such crap rocked back up at the halls - with another 2 due to arrive today. All of whom have been told it’s remote study only and not to return.

Daisy is somewhat pissed and is trying to arrange a move into another hall today that has a free room and other med students.

I am really fed up, like everyone, and I’ve stuck to the rules even though I don’t agree with them - but ffs why can folks not do as they are asked.......

Only here once

17 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I’m still waiting for the Police to take any action against our neighbours for having a 3 day New Year’s Eve party with at least 3 other households. It’s a 5 minute drive from the Police Station and they were even provided with the offenders’ car registration numbers and photos to cross-reference, but nothing. Covidiots just laughing at the rest of us, whilst people are dying in our hospitals.

Not sure what they are doing in Northants. Here any call like that is given a priority grade just under an emergency.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

The original e-Mail response from the local PC when first informed of the situation on the afternoon of 31.12.20 was for us to report it since “there is extra staff to deal with COVID breaches”. The on-line report was filed (with confirmation of receipt) that evening.

6 days and numerous reminders later, still no action.

Call 101. Online reports have a very slow rate of dissemination. if the Officers don't get there in time to witness what is happening its very hard to issue a FPN or take it further. It's one persons say so against another unless there is visual evidence like good CCTV etc.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

16 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Hmmm, lack of officers, I’m sure there are plenty of arguments against (and probably for) that statement so let’s not go there🤔

?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

3 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Not sure what they are doing in Northants. Here any call like that is given a priority grade just under an emergency.

Are they obliged to talk with you or can they simply close the door?

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

Are they obliged to talk with you or can they simply close the door?

buddsy

Engage, Explain, Encourage, Enforce (in that order)

If you engage politely (why wouldn't you?) then normally you will be told what is wrong, encouraged to get people to leave and thanked for your help. If the person refuses to engage and fails what police call the "Attitude Test" i.e. are rude, then they will resort to the only thing they can do and you will be fined and the FPN sent to you. Just because you refuse to speak to an officer doesn't mean he can't charge you with an offense.

However if you are having a large party or unlicensed music event then they will gain access using a warrant and you will be "Obliged" to talk to them. Lots of Fines and a £10k fine for the organiser will be a definate if they have gone to the trouble to kick your door in. :)

Its like speeding. Much of the time Police will have a chat and check a few details and give you a stern talking to. Fail the attitude test and expect a fine and points.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Same reason the bbc aren’t reporting the ftse 100 bounce id expect. It’s inconvenient.

In other news - Daisy, my eldest, has her clinical placements starting tomorrow - and guess what they are going to be learning - yep injections for vaccinations etc👍👍 

• Like 2

Only here once

3 hours ago, LotusFella said:

Why are they not publishing excess death figures?

They are 

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

6 hours ago, Kimbers said:

However if you are having a large party or unlicensed music event then they will gain access using a warrant and you will be "Obliged" to talk to them.

Does it require a judge to sign a warrant? 

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM

Why would a judge need to sign a warrant - it’s not like the police of the MET are known for acting inappropriately....oh.... hang on 

• Haha 1

Only here once

Yes, I know it’s the Daily Mail, but at least they are coming up with some positivities to outweigh the ever biased doom & gloom mongering BBC.

This guy, editor of German newspaper Bild, really seems to like BoJo. It’s the same guy who reported in the German press last week on how BoJo beat the EU into submission on the Brexit trade deal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9120623/Think-Britain-vaccine-problems-EU-writes-ALEXANDER-VON-SCHOENBURG.html

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Buddsy said:

They are 

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

Does it require a judge to sign a warrant? 

buddsy

It depends Buddsy. For what? A senior Officer can authorise entry for various reasons. However a search needs a signed warrant.....unless its because someone has been arrested then under section 18 of PACE Police can search someone's house. its complicated but this is authorised by a senior officer as is a section 23 Drug search with reasonable grounds. 

a constable may enter and search any premises occupied or controlled by a person who is under arrest for an [F1indictable] offence, if he has reasonable grounds for suspecting that there is on the premises evidence, other than items subject to legal privilege, that relates—

(a)to that offence; or

(b)to some other [F1indictable] offence which is connected with or similar to that offence.

Also, a Police Officer may enter someones property without permission for the following reasons:

when in close pursuit of someone the police believe has committed, or attempted to commit, a serious crime (S.17 PACE), or
to sort out a disturbance, or
if they hear cries for help or of distress, or
to enforce an arrest warrant (S.17 PACE), or
if invited in freely by the occupant, or
under various statutes which give the police powers of entry into a number of different kinds of premises.

So if they are called to a property where there are reports of a Domestic and one party refuses to let them enter (they will always ask) then they do have power of entry under sorting a disturbance or to "save life and limb". I am not a lawyer so wouldn't know if this "Sort out a disturbance" covers a COVID Party. But if Neighbours have called it in as a disturbance then I suspect they can.

I say this with a proviso as I would always call a Senior Officer and discuss the situation before entering in the latter scenario. (If I hear someone screaming or am chasing someone I am going in immediately no matter what).

• Thanks 1