free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 128 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM
18 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

F3F0DC6E-37FB-4975-85A4-15F7B890970A.jpeg.2a43aa17db54ad8793a31d8bc369f6e2.jpeg

Hermes on the other hand would just leave it on the doorstep and not even bother ringing the doorbell.

• Haha 2

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now there is a brilliant idea. I have been having some texts with a member on here who has lost someone last week to this. My bet is Chris Whitty is probably more qualified than anyone to tell

This sign should me made mandatory in all public spaces!! 

Daisy did her first 4 hr vaccination shift today. 3 hrs prep and paperwork - 1 hour jabbing. 20 folks done. She goes again Sunday  one very proud Dad today

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Our Hermes delivery guy is brilliant. Never had an issue with them and they delivered a dehumidiier for the garage yesterday and where spot on.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

16 hours ago, Colin P said:

Hermes on the other hand would just leave it on the doorstep and not even bother ringing the doorbell.

And the woman at No.1 would have a pile of them flung over her garden hedge.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

To be fair, Hermes very much depends on the individual courier. At our last house it was a lovely lady, occasionally helped by her husband, who was absolutely brilliant and we even used to have the occasional chat if we saw her when out for a walk. At the new house the guy can't speak English, simply dumps whatever on the doorstep and cannot even be bothered to knock or ring. On Wednesday he left £300 of stuff on the doorstep where it sat for an unknown period as despite being home we didn't know it was there.

One of the ladies who works for me famously had a TV delivered (in marked box - saying it was a TV) by chucking it over a 6 foot fence into the back garden in the pouring rain.

Hermes themselves don't seem to give a toss, but yes, some of their contractors are very good.

Anyway, my little attempt at humour seems to have taken us :offtopic:, so best leave it there.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Having read the blurb, I'm considering getting tested for covid. No symptoms, but at least I'll have a reason to leave the house.

Margate Exotics.

10 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Having read the blurb, I'm considering getting tested for covid. No symptoms, but at least I'll have a reason to leave the house.

I have to have Covid (PCR) tests as I work overseas, and once we have had them we isolate before travel. The problem is that its only good at the time you take it. If you walk into a shop 30 minutes later, go get petrol etc. you may as well not have bothered. Just my 2p worth.

cheers

1 minute ago, Mark030358 said:

I have to have Covid (PCR) tests as I work overseas, and once we have had them we isolate before travel. The problem is that its only good at the time you take it. If you walk into a shop 30 minutes later, go get petrol etc. you may as well not have bothered. Just my 2p worth.

cheers

I think you missed the humour.........

Margate Exotics.

39 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

I think you missed the humour.........

ahhhh.... time of year I guess 🤔 probably cos I've not been out much....

Self isolating with a sore chest and a cough. On the positive I got a drive through test within an hour and just have to wait 48 hours.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

13 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Self isolating with a sore chest and a cough.

I thought you had it before?

You were the one person I know personally who was pretty ill with it.

Positive or Negative I hope you feel better soon!

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

2 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

I thought you had it before?

You were the one person I know personally who was pretty ill with it.

Positive or Negative I hope you feel better soon!

buddsy

Yup But I had it right at the beginning almost 12 months ago. Anti-bodies drop off a cliff after around 9 months they think, like the Flu. Hopefully not but I feel rough. May be a chest infection.

• Like 1

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

in the lotus of course

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

6 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

A prime example of why the police lose respect from the law abiding general public.

3 months ago and over Christmas they did nothing, claiming they didn’t have the resources, now they’ve suddenly found those lost resources so that a few can be deployed at just one location.

Is the truth of the matter that these 2 ladies spoiled the coppers’ secret coffee meeting!

Nah, I reckon they were just interested in scoring the £400 for the nick's next Christmas party.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
On 06/01/2021 at 15:13, Kimbers said:

Engage, Explain, Encourage, Enforce (in that order)

If you engage politely (why wouldn't you?) then normally you will be told what is wrong, encouraged to get people to leave and thanked for your help. If the person refuses to engage and fails what police call the "Attitude Test" i.e. are rude, then they will resort to the only thing they can do and you will be fined and the FPN sent to you. Just because you refuse to speak to an officer doesn't mean he can't charge you with an offense.

Looks like you need to explain the correct approach to Derbyshire Police. They seem to have a different view and not too sure that a couple of OAP's would have been argumentative enough to warrant the big slap. Though, as it was reported by the BBC, I guess it could very well be fake news of course!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

• Love 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

7 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Yup But I had it right at the beginning almost 12 months ago. Anti-bodies drop off a cliff after around 9 months they think, like the Flu. Hopefully not but I feel rough. May be a chest infection.

was your infection 12 months ago confirmed by +ve CV19 test? If not, could it have been flu?

be interesting to see if you test positive 

The Mail vs the Independent.

Opera Snapshot_2021-01-08_184704_www.dailymail.co.uk.png

Opera Snapshot_2021-01-08_184804_www.independent.co.uk.png

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 23/09/2020 at 17:09, Kimbers said:

Awesome painting and still one of my Favourites.

Thanks Andy, she already has that, plus a Gallery stocking her work and work on Artfinder. Just for everyone's info Below links to her FB page, Web Page etc. But my point is that we do 4 Art shows in Surrey and Windsor a year. On Average Wendy will sell £4000 of paintings to people who just don't buy online. That's £16,000 a year. With that out of the equation she can't go full time.

BTW she has been Shortlisted for the Sire John Hurt (Yes the actor) international Art Prize. Her painting below and a link. 

https://www.wendykimberleyart.com/

https://www.facebook.com/wendykimberleyart

http://www.holtfestival.org/artprizes/?fbclid=IwAR2GMwB8rOb3X-6TRa1gp9uh1OMPF1x6cCZIwSTx1TvmHZp5DB1cc6LP2ps

119670212_2717959441826179_6842284916334

I see the talented member of the pair of you is in the local media again, well done Wendy.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norfolk-nurse-painting-nhs-heroes-during-covid-6893422

• Like 2

Ha! you beat me to it! I was about to share that myself lol. Yes. She works so hard as a nurse and then spends all of her spare time and an awful lot of her own money painting NHS heroes to help raise morale. She's amazing.

And here's the original article from November

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norfolk-nurse-painting-nhs-heroes-during-covid-6893422

• Like 2

Has there been any research published in to the "up to 70% more transmissible" CV19 strain?

I don't understand what "more transmissible" means. Is it that the virus travels quicker? Goes further? Lasts longer on surfaces? More dense? Prefers cold weather?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

It means the possibility of becoming infected is 70% higher than the original strain.

Under what circumstances?