free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 129 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

Media hype and bbc inference. One things for sure 90% of all stats are misrepresenting or misinterpreted 

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now there is a brilliant idea. I have been having some texts with a member on here who has lost someone last week to this. My bet is Chris Whitty is probably more qualified than anyone to tell

This sign should me made mandatory in all public spaces!! 

Daisy did her first 4 hr vaccination shift today. 3 hrs prep and paperwork - 1 hour jabbing. 20 folks done. She goes again Sunday  one very proud Dad today

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, SFO said:

Under what circumstances?

If a large number of people were to assemble, and given all of the precautions they all took etc, and for the previous variant, it resulted 10 people of the group becoming, infected. With the new strain, if it was the exact same circumstances, precautions etc, then with the new strain would result in 17 people becoming infected.

• Like 2
On 08/01/2021 at 15:17, MarkieT said:

Please be aware that going for a walk with a coffee in your hand it is considered having a picnic and therefore illegal and you can be fined!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

but according to the Oxford English Dictionary a picnic is a meal, so is a Coffee a meal? I know a Scotch Egg is!!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

1 minute ago, red vtec said:

know a Scotch Egg is!!

some would say it is more of a starter, unless it has salad as well.

Some very nice professional looking shots of them walking through the woods with their coffee’s. Do you think they always take a professional photographer along when going for a walk?

Just now, exeterjeep said:

some would say it is more of a starter, unless it has salad as well.

This is is getting so confusing, So can I go for a walk with a can of Coke, or a Ribena?

Just now, Neal H said:

Some very nice professional looking shots of them walking through the woods with their coffee’s. Do you think they always take a professional photographer along when going for a walk?

No but when your going to fight it in court the press will help. 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

1 minute ago, red vtec said:

This is is getting so confusing, So can I go for a walk with a can of Coke, or a Ribena?

I see that part of our police force are re-considering the 2 ladies' penalties. 

3 minutes ago, red vtec said:

May be the police are better photographers than what they normally do.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Yes a spectacular example of Derbyshire Police shooting themselves in the foot. Whilst I accept their intentions were good, they right royally totally made a fist of the execution there.  I am a huge supporter of the Police but they really do every now and then make it hard for themselves.  The main issue here is all the thousands of good decisions, good deeds, etc are written off and destroyed by what was a really over zealous act.  

I don't think driving 5 miles for exercise by the rules is breaking the "stay local" spirit. Much more than that and yes, you're taking the piss and deserve to be walloped. You could say it is a fine blue line that needs to be walked.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Pretty sure the last lockdown didn't permit driving to exercise. I just open my front door to go walkies, why couldn't they have done that? Oh, wait, they couldn't have made themselves their tea, could they. Funnily enough, despite being a bloke, I manage to make tea with no problems.

Margate Exotics.

This story doesn’t make sense to me. One of the women was on the telly saying that they saw the police vans and officers when they arrived at the car park. They initially thought there had been an accident or something. So how come we see photos in the media of them walking along “socially distanced” with their cups of tea?

Presumably they never even got to that stage, because the police had already told them to clear off.

Whatever the circumstances in Derbyshire, we still have a definite ongoing situation with our neighbours.

As already stated, there should be 2 young men living there. Following on from the 3 day NYE party debacle, it is clear that they are still having visitors.

Yesterday a twenty-something girl turned up with an overnight bag when I was getting out of my car. I couldn’t bite my tongue any longer, so asked her if she lived there. “No” she replied, l’m just visiting”. “You’re not allowed to do that anymore. It’s against the Law”. I said. “Oh it’s OK, I stayed here over New Year,” came the reply.” Whereupon the door opened and in she went.

A minute later one of the lads came over. He tried to explain that the girl lived on her own, so was having mental health issues. He even asked if I would rather someone committed suicide than visited his house. He’s obviously been told that suicide rates are up so is using that as his defence. I asked about her own family, but didn’t get a coherent reply to that.

He then stated that the other girl had moved in permanently and was working from home. He also confirmed that they have a 5th regular visitor: this guy is a plumber and spends all day going in and out of other people’s homes across the area (!). Can you believe the risk these people are taking with their own and other people’s health? He finished off by informing that they know we have reported them to the landlord and that they are expecting a visit early next week. Knowing the landlord as I do, this will be very much a lip service response. The monthly rental income from the tenants is far more important to him than the well-being of the wider community.

So there we have it. The Genie is out of the bottle, so there will now be a bad atmosphere across our cul-de-sac. Seemingly the Law does not apply to any of these people. Go for a country walk 5 miles away with a friend and make national headlines. Do all of the above and get away Scot free.

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

Pretty sure the last lockdown didn't permit driving to exercise. I just open my front door to go walkies, why couldn't they have done that? Oh, wait, they couldn't have made themselves their tea, could they. Funnily enough, despite being a bloke, I manage to make tea with no problems.

Unfortunately one size doesn’t fit all.

I could open my door and go walkies but by doing so would be risking life and limb. We live in a rural location but the road outside is a busy (still🤔) B road which is frequented by HGVs (which ignore the speed limit) and is the only road connecting the market town 6 miles away with the dual carriageway 5 miles in the opposite direction. The road is only just wide enough for 2 HGVs to pass in opposite directions and has no pavements.

So, what should I do? Do I stay in the house and vegetate, risk life and limb walking on the road with HGVs speeding past within a few feet or drive to the local market town 6 miles away and use the open spaces there?

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

He tried to explain that the girl lived on her own, so was having mental health issues. He even asked if I would rather someone committed suicide than visited his house. He’s obviously been told that suicide rates are up so is using that as his defence. I asked about her own family, but didn’t get a coherent reply to that.

Obviously doesn’t affect the others and clearly the house is populated by Covidiots, but this particular bit probably has a slightly different context to me.

If she legitimately lives alone then she is Indeed allowed a bubble. In reference to the last point about her own family, my son is in this position and (whilst I get it, my wife is annoyed at him because) he has chosen his girlfriends family as his bubble not us. This allows her to stay over with him and vice versa so works better for his priorities.  This (little bit of the picture) could be legitimate if she has done likewise.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Maybe, but I think she may have been same the girl who arrived as a passenger with another lad in a silver Mercedes on NYE. In which case she already has at least two bubbles. I can’t help think that the whole situation is a sham and we are just being fobbed off. I think they all just do whatever they want to. I don’t think any of them give a toss about the rules. As long as their entitled Millennial lifestyle isn’t affected, that’s all they care about. God help the country when that generation takes up the reins.

• Gold FFM

I agree, wasn’t playing down the overall position, just the particular rationale.

Not sure that it’s just that age group though, I’m  seeing plenty in the 30-50 age group as well and as for university students :cry:.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

I jsut read on DR.dk (official news in Denmark), that 80.000 people have died related with covid-19 during the last 28days.

I looked it up on BBC News, here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55594107

Is that true? Should that be believed? 80.000 people in 28 days in the UK alone?

Could someone please confirm or shoot that info down, please?

God help us all, if that is true.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

Trouble is - they are testing everyone in hospitals - and care homes. Folks die in both places - of covid or not.

there is no doubt covid is killing people - there’s also no doubt the numbers are being misrepresented.

one things for sure - we are all due to die of something some time.

Only here once

80k of people who have had a positive test within 28 days of passing. Included people run over, fallen off the roof etc. 

This is an interesting read regarding the reporting of numbers.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-way-covid-deaths-are-being-counted-is-a-national-scandal

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Trouble is - they are testing everyone in hospitals - and care homes. Folks die in both places - of covid or not.

there is no doubt covid is killing people - there’s also no doubt the numbers are being misrepresented.

one things for sure - we are all due to die of something some time.

Yes for sure we all die, but we all hope it’s not before our time, like you have said many times you have followed the rules all we ask is for is everyone to do the same. The main obstacle in achieving this is all the conspiracy theories and Covid deniers sorry but these people are putting out a message that’s it’s ok to not follow the rules and put peoples life’s at risk. This is what is happening as we speak, let’s stop down playing and pretending it’s not for real please.

Thanks for bringing that up. THe article gives a more thorough view on how it's counted. Certainly not very scientific, I'd say.

Anyway, stay safe!

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

My theory would be that those pictures of them walking were staged for the media, possibly somewhere else, after the event. They may even have been paid for their story. It looks like they are on a wide grass verge in one of them with the road to the right in the photo.

@Chillidoggy your wife needs to be commended for getting you to the stage where you can make a cup of tea. Her patience and perseverance must be saintly. 👍 They might of course live in different parts of the town so meeting within 5 miles at a remote location could have been considered as a sensible approach. Not trying to defend them just pointing out we don't know for sure. Do think a little more common sense from them and Derbyshire Police might have been in order. If I was approached by several Police Officers demanding to know why I was there pretty sure I'd feel intimidated too. Just a general cock up blown out of all proportion.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Couldnt agree more @C8RKH all the while the Government, media and police are very slowly eroding our liberties and turning people against each other. 

Only here once