Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 134 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Bibs said:

I was working in SW London on Monday. On the drive home at 5pm, there was a point where there was zero traffic visible on the M25 around me, something that I've only experienced before in the middle of the night on rare occasions. No, the road wasn't closed and I hadn't noticed the signs :lol:

How fast did the nice officer say you were going.

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@march  I meant, if you'd thought the people you'd seen acting suspiciously were not the known tenants, you could have reported these "strangers" to the police as suspected burglars and I'm sure the response would have been different to suspected COVID-restrictions breaking. So, perhaps next time, don't be bothered to ascertain who it is, just report the suspected burglars.

You are spot on, it was meant for @LotusLeftLotusRight I'd meant it in reply to this one.

11 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Update on the two covidiot male neighbours opposite.

After the last discussion, all of the visitors magically disappeared for a couple of days until the letting agent went round to see them on the Wednesday as warned. She was there for 12 minutes, wearing her face mask.

Two days later the visitors had all returned for last weekend’s entertainment.

Last night I got a message from a neighbour in another house telling me that one of the tenants was seen ferrying a group of visitors with their overnight luggage in his own car from their cars parked 200 yards away, straight to the house under cover of darkness. Presumably in the hope that we didn’t notice them arriving in his car. You couldn’t make it up!

It is estimated that there is currently 6 or 7 people staying overnight in that house where 2 people live.

Now, if you had not known them to be visitors of the tenants, then you might reasonably have suspected the unfamiliar people to be there illegally (other than COVID rules, say trespass, squatting, breaking & entering etc) and you could have done the neighbourly thing and called the police in an effort to protect the possessions of the tenants.

If you'd thought the people you'd seen acting suspiciously were not the known tenants, you could have reported these "strangers" to the police as suspected burglars and I'm sure the response would have been different to suspected COVID-restrictions breaking. So, perhaps next time, don't be bothered to ascertain who it is, just report the suspected burglars.

23 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Last week a police Officer who was spat on by an "Anti Vax" protester was admitted to hospital with COVID. He should be charged with attempted murder in my opinion.

Is there evidence that the spit caused COVID-19?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Gp surgery phoned twice yesterday, once for me and once for the wife, we have had our first jabs today. Bit surprised as we are not in one of the top groups, did check with the lady who phoned to tell them how old we are - made me wonder if they GP knew something about me that I did not know.

• Gold FFM

All depends on the demographic of your area/practice.  They can't possibly stay in step with one another, especially with the Pfizer vaccine.  My GP had pretty much finished his group 4 two weeks ago, so my group (6) might actually get a look-in sometime in February.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 minutes ago, Sparky said:

All depends on the demographic of your area/practice.  They can't possibly stay in step with one another, especially with the Pfizer vaccine.  My GP had pretty much finished his group 4 two weeks ago, so my group (6) might actually get a look-in sometime in February.

My area hasn't even finished the top 2 yet! I've got no hope as 8th on list

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

This report leaves me a bit concerned about my area in Suffolk. The CEO of the Suffolk GPS Federation seems to think they only have to vaccinate the over 80’s by mid Feb. (Although it is the East Anglian Daily Times, who seem to employ 12 year olds to write their stories)

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/health/woodbridge-coronavirus-vaccination-centre-closed-7071838

3 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Gp surgery phoned twice yesterday, once for me and once for the wife, we have had our first jabs today. Bit surprised as we are not in one of the top groups, did check with the lady who phoned to tell them how old we are - made me wonder if they GP knew something about me that I did not know.

Same for my wife, call yesterday for appt today. But she was WFH (taking grocery orders over the phone for vulnerable/isolating families that don't have internet access) and the phone number was withheld. By the time she called back the place was reallocated to the next on the list. "Wait till we call you again" :(

I've now got her mobile  so I can answer it... no call today :(

As per @Kimbers post above, one elderly lady in her 90s calls each day for her next days food. She was on the phone for 90 minutes yesterday talking about the isolation that she is enduring and the number of her friends that she has lost to COVID. So grocery orders and a little mental health support in one call. Reminds me to appreciate SWMBO a bit more.

• Love 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Have now had a text and booked SWMBO in online for Thursday morning :thumbup:.

Im the next category down so fingers crossed. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Kimbers said:

So, instead of claiming its false and that you won't be having an innoculation what you should be thinking about is the fact that if you refuse and you give it to someone else who then dies you should be charged.

Woah steady - at what point have I stated that exactly.

I’ve done everything asked by the government - including an isolation period. What I have questioned is the governments response and the impacts it has on individuals to provide for their families. If you are on the sponge then you get payments for staying at home. Self employed you just get stuffed.

as for the super mutants that are 30% more deadly - the basis of that is - 10 in 1000 sample die - this is increased to 13 in 1000. That’s a 0.3% death rate increase.

it’s the damn right lies and scaremongering I don’t like. Fat, old, underlying issues - yes you at risk. Others - your risk is 1.3% according to those in the know - and that includes a cross section of the previous mention sectors. @Kimbers I get your public service and the bearing that has on your thinking - but there’s some very questionable impacts of the changes being pushed through law and the criminalising of folks carrying about their business.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

And - if you think forcing @Buddsy or anyone ease to have a vaccine beyond their own individual choice - that’s a very dangerous place to go. We have had that sort of behaviour in the last 100years - and folks in public service went to the gallows for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only here once

54 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Woah steady - at what point have I stated that exactly.

I’ve done everything asked by the government - including an isolation period. What I have questioned is the governments response and the impacts it has on individuals to provide for their families. If you are on the sponge then you get payments for staying at home. Self employed you just get stuffed.

as for the super mutants that are 30% more deadly - the basis of that is - 10 in 1000 sample die - this is increased to 13 in 1000. That’s a 0.3% death rate increase.

it’s the damn right lies and scaremongering I don’t like. Fat, old, underlying issues - yes you at risk. Others - your risk is 1.3% according to those in the know - and that includes a cross section of the previous mention sectors. @Kimbers I get your public service and the bearing that has on your thinking - but there’s some very questionable impacts of the changes being pushed through law and the criminalising of folks carrying about their business.

On a day we reached a very grim milestone is not the best time to be mentioning percentages, listening to all the tragic family stories over the last few weeks surely it is not hard to show some compassion and support the most vulnerable in our society.

• Like 1

Yup, more deaths than all of WWII for the US.  That is significant and far from a hoax as conspiracy theorists would like you to believe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

as for the super mutants that are allegedly 30% more deadly - the basis of that is - 10 in 1000 sample die - this is increased to 13 in 1000. That’s a 0.3% death rate increase.

fixed that for you ..

Government has gone very quiet about this, hasn't it?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

The same but with less suicide and cancer fatalities?

buddsy

Without the lockdowns the number of people  infected would have reached high levels and quite simply those that needed any form of medical assistance to survive would gave not received it. So the level / number of deaths would have been much greater.

I'm not saying the lockdowns were managed well or correctly. In many cases, we could have gone for short events that could have kicked in much sooner, rather like the way we see people manage forest fires by having controlled fires. the government tried to bring the level right down, which took ages, then they allowed it to gain lots of momentum of new infections before doing what  upset people (going into another long lockdown).

• Like 2