Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 139 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

All part of the balance - you’d have to be a blinkered muppet to believe the Brussels Broadcast Corporation. Watched in conjunction however does help to get a truer picture.

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, rjwooll said:

Apparently from an NHS Nurse:

Medical experts were asked if it is time to ease the lockdown.
Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but Neurologists thought the government had a lot of nerve.
Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.
Many Pathologists yelled, “Over my dead body!” while Pediatricians said, “Oh, grow up!”
Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while Radiologists could see right through it.
Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and pharmacists claimed it would be a bitter pill to swallow.
Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would “put a whole new face on the matter.”
Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.
Anaesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn’t have the heart to say no.
In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the asshololes.

Brilliant! 

Cheers, Richard

You really should contrubute to Private Eye - great Editor's pick, if not original 😉 

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Just had my Pfizer jab. They were doing 1/minute at my local surgery, it was a long queue all the same but well organised! 

Same here but yesterday.

Went for quarterly CT scan & when finished the nurse said “if you haven’t had your Covid jab yet go to what is usually the cafe along the next corridor & there’s a clinic there where they’ll do it for you”  20mins later a dose of Pfizer in the left arm.

• Like 2

1B1CF701-0594-4B52-A2E1-7ED55ADB79C1.jpeg

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

22 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Why do Tory backbenchers continually demand easing of lockdown restrictions, almost as soon as they are implemented? Do they perhaps have vested financial interests in doing so?

The answer is most definitely yes.

I think all they see is lines on graphs and don't actually understand what is behind those graphs. Oh, and the vested financial interests as well. Oh, and they probably don't give a damn if those oiks get that ghastly infection.

• Like 1

Yes but Labour hasn’t been in power for so long that whatever their backbenchers say is irrelevant. Boris isn’t going to bother listening to them, yet alone act on their wishes. It’s the shady Conservative ones (think 1922 committee), who worry me. What’s their agenda now that Brexit is done? Why not let the Cabinet just get on with leading the country through this situation safely?

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Funny how the bbc seem to be very thin reporting the situation in the EU now. I’m sure they have been told to remain silent on the matter.

Only here once

My mum had her jab today and she commented on her return on how well organised and efficient the whole setup at the community hospital was - she was properly impressed!  So it just goes to show we can do things right and the NHS remains, at least for me, a national treasure.

My sister-in-law did point out though that the vaccines developed in such haste have all included animal testing.  Not something I had even considered in all of this.

39 minutes ago, Techyd said:

My sister-in-law did point out though that the vaccines developed in such haste have all included animal testing.  Not something I had even considered in all of this.

Not something that bothers me at all. Wonder if the Vegans know? That'll give them a dilemma.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.