Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 142 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
10 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Yes, but we're all doomed and we're all gonna die so go and buy one of the last analogue drivers cars whilst you can and drive the pants off it.

agreed.

This was sent to me. Has a certain logic to it...no?

SHALL I GET VACCINATED?

Here are 12 important questions and answers before considering getting vaccinated

●"If I get vaccinated can I stop wearing a mask(s)?"

Government: "NO"

●"If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen and will people be able to get back to work like normal?

●"If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?"

Government: "Maybe. We don't know exactly, but probably not."

●"If I get vaccinated, at least I won't be contagious to others - right?"

Government: "NO. the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission."

●"If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?"

Government: "No one knows. All Covid "vaccines" are still in the experimental stage."

● "If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?"

● "If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?"

● "So what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?"

Government: "Hoping that the virus won't kill you."

●"Are you sure the vaccine won't injure or kill me?"

●"If statistically the virus won't kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated?"

Government: "To protect others."

●"So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?"

● "If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacture or the Government?"

Government: "NO - the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug"

So to summarize, the Covid19 "vaccine"...

Does not provide immunity

Does not eliminate the virus

Does not prevent death

Does not guarantee you won’t get it

Does not stop you from passing it on to others

Does not eliminate the need for travel bans

Does not eliminate the need for business closures

Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns

Does not eliminate the need for masking

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Dan E said:

It is not funny by any stretch of the imagination

No it isn't. I hope she doesn't suffer too much, and has a quick recovery, it is a lottery it seems.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

She will be fine, but this has smashed the wind out of her sails and we have been brutally careful. 

I have known too many people personally who have died of this and that’s why I get the arse with the deniers. 

7 minutes ago, Clive59 said:

No it isn't. I hope she doesn't suffer too much, and has a quick recovery, it is a lottery it seems.

Oh and thank you 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan E said:

I have known too many people personally who have died of this and that’s why I get the arse with the deniers. 

I am not a denier, it is serious, but, all the vaccine is expected to do is hopefully reduce the severity of the infection, which is not a bad outcome, but is not a panacea either. Most people who suffer have underlying issues. There should be a lot more effort to actually improve peoples health and immune system, eat better etc, rather than just rely on a vaccine. The single biggest thing to improve disease in history was good water and sanitation. Vaccines have actually had minimal impact on overall population health by comparison, the law of diminishing returns, but yes, some astonishing results, smallpox most notably perhaps. But no corona virus vaccine has worked properly yet, they tend to mutate too quickly.

The majority of people may be following the rules, or the majority of rules, but then I compare that to this morning.

Neighbour in her 70s, each week two of her daughters arrive, separately from their respective households, then all three normally get into one of the cars and go off together. If one daughter had formed a support bubble fine, but both cannot. This week it didn't go like that, instead, the third daughter turned up in the police car, and went in ( at least she was wearing a mask) with her Mum and two sisters. Really?

It makes me think there should, be a tattoo on the forehead of some people "I'm selfish so if I become ill please give no treatment as I don't care".   If we then didn't have that segment of the population to concern ourselves with, and some of them weren't occupying hospital resources, we probably would be able to have slightly less stringent restrictions.

• Haha 1

Yes, our (well-documented) neighbours just carry on as normal. Between the two of them, they typically make about 10 return car journeys per day to and from their house. I can understand a daily journey to work and back, as well as the weekly shop, but what the hell else is so essential? In comparison I have made only four short journeys in my car since the middle of December. My wife visits her elderly mum once a week and does the weekly shop and a maximum of two trips to work. So between the four of us in our household, we make an absolute maximum of five local return car journeys per week. Compare that to the 70+ per week made by the couple of covidiots opposite.

In fact, just as I write this, one of them has just popped back home again on an essential journey.

• Gold FFM

So it now turns out I am the only one in my house without COVID! It is a logistical nightmare to be honest. My 16 year old son has absolutely no symptoms and reckons he feels better then ever, in fact I can hear him in the gym at the moment! My wife however is really suffering. 

7 minutes ago, Dan E said:

My 16 year old son has absolutely no symptoms and reckons he feels better then ever, in fact I can hear him in the gym at the moment.

A 16 year old boy in the gym? There’s your symptoms, right there!

4 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Yes, our (well-documented) neighbours just carry on as normal. Between the two of them, they typically make about 10 return car journeys per day to and from their house. I can understand a daily journey to work and back, as well as the weekly shop, but what the hell else is so essential?

They are obviously doggers! Need their daily fixes. Hopefully they use masks and condoms but depending on what they get up to that may be interesting.

On a serious note. What pisses me off is when I see (usually older) people with a mask on that sits under their nose, not over it. Complete and utter waste of time. These special people need to be told of their error.  

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

They are obviously doggers! Need their daily fixes. Hopefully they use masks and condoms but depending on what they get up to that may be interesting.

On a serious note. What pisses me off is when I see (usually older) people with a mask on that sits under their nose, not over it. Complete and utter waste of time. These special people need to be told of their error.  

Remind those that choose to wear their mask that way that it's not a "chin diaper"  😉

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

It’s worthy of note @Buddsy that of those 9 - I absolutely 100% know of one whom was riddled with terminal cancer whom had his death certificate stating cause of death COVID-19.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

My eldest is in full house lockdown in Exeter uni accommodation again. She’s had  covid and has antibodies, had her jab, is tested twice weekly on her course and she’s now stuck for at least 10 days. She and her housemates have been practicing taking each others blood this evening - since they did that in last weeks practicals.... 😳

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

She and her housemates have been practicing taking each others blood this evening

Ahh - reminds me of the good old days in the Student Union - and people used to say Computing Degrees were boring.

• Haha 1

What do people think of the performance of the two vaccines? As of yesterday, we had administered 17,582,121 first doses, but only 615,148 second doses.

Pfizer/Biontech is 85% effective after one dose and 95.8% effective after two doses (Israel research).

Astra Zeneca is 76% effective after one dose and up to 81% after two (Oxford University research), so the net gain for AZ second doses is not huge. 

Do we know what proportion of our vaccines administered to date are from which suppliers? I assume it’s significantly more AZ. Will the protection be enough for everyone to go back to normal by the summer?

44 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

What do people think of the performance of the two vaccines? As of yesterday, we had administered 17,582,121 first doses, but only 615,148 second doses.

Pfizer/Biontech is 85% effective after one dose and 95.8% effective after two doses (Israel research).

Astra Zeneca is 76% effective after one dose and up to 81% after two (Oxford University research), so the net gain for AZ second doses is not huge. 

Do we know what proportion of our vaccines administered to date are from which suppliers? I assume it’s significantly more AZ. Will the protection be enough for everyone to go back to normal by the summer?

Just reading that a Scottish study shows effectiveness of 85% Pfizer, and 94% AstraZeneca. It is the BBC, mind you.

Margate Exotics.