Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 144 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, 910Esprit said:

So this person that cannot be found that arrived from Brazil - Why not simply pubish their name?  Pretty sure they could then be tracked down in 20 mins....   

the government has trouble tracing thousands of illegals every year. Yet strangely they know where every single cow is in the country 🤔. Maybe @march should be put in charge.

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 21/02/2021 at 22:00, Barrykearley said:

She and her housemates have been practicing taking each others blood this evening

So the Zombie apocalypse has commenced!

How to Make Zombie Clothes » LookLikeAZombie.com

24 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

the government has trouble tracing thousands of illegals every year.

Because the "liberals" won't let us tag them like we do cattle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

1 hour ago, Neal H said:

You mean like a plastic tag stapled to their ear?

Yes. Just that.

image.jpeg.014e29103fef9b169cd240652765f637.jpeg

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

3 hours ago, gregs24 said:

Crucially vaccinated people are protected from severe disease but NOT from becoming infected or passing on the virus. Yes there is evidence that onward transmission is reduced and virus multiplication in the nose of vaccinated people significantly reduced, but it is certainly possible to be antibody positive / vaccinated and still become infected and test positive. 

First you say vaccines don't stop infection or transmission ..

next you say vaccines do stop transmission ..

You sound like a politician 😂

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM

I’m not so sure I would trust anything those lovely folks in China say @Buddsy

5 hours ago, 910Esprit said:

I'd be a little worried if people can arrive on international flights without an identity!

Folks arrive in the uk all the time with absolutely no identification paperwork.

Only here once

9 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

According to some but by no means all.

Many doctors dont agree with the idea of asymptomatic carriers and say people could test positive for flu but if they aren't showing signs would never be considered to have flu.

The British Medical Journal have revised their figure of infections from asymptomatic transitions from 80% down to between 17-20%.

A recent huge study in China found

"A study late November in China of 10 million PCR test "Titled Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly 10 million residents of Wuhan, China, the study thoroughly debunked the concept of asymptomatic transmission.

Out of the nearly 10 million people in the study, results revealed “300 asymptomatic cases” were found. Utilizing contact tracing, of those 300, not a single case of COVID-19 were detected in any of them.

“A total of 1,174 close contacts of the asymptomatic positive cases were traced, and they all tested negative for the COVID-19,” the study concluded.

Both the asymptomatic patients and their contacts were placed in isolation for a period of no less than two weeks and the results remained the same. “None of detected positive cases or their close contacts became symptomatic or newly confirmed with COVID-19 during the isolation period,” the study found."

buddsy

Thanks. I think @Buddsy. My brain hurts after reading that. 

4 hours ago, SFO said:

First you say vaccines don't stop infection or transmission ..

next you say vaccines do stop transmission ..

You sound like a politician 😂

No. Vaccines have been shown to reduce the risk of transmission, but do not prevent in all cases. I was very specific with my wording.

48 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

According to some but by no means all.

Many doctors dont agree with the idea of asymptomatic carriers and say people could test positive for flu but if they aren't showing signs would never be considered to have flu.

The British Medical Journal have revised their figure of infections from asymptomatic transitions from 80% down to between 17-20%.

A recent huge study in China found

"A study late November in China of 10 million PCR test "Titled Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly 10 million residents of Wuhan, China, the study thoroughly debunked the concept of asymptomatic transmission.

Out of the nearly 10 million people in the study, results revealed “300 asymptomatic cases” were found. Utilizing contact tracing, of those 300, not a single case of COVID-19 were detected in any of them.

“A total of 1,174 close contacts of the asymptomatic positive cases were traced, and they all tested negative for the COVID-19,” the study concluded.

Both the asymptomatic patients and their contacts were placed in isolation for a period of no less than two weeks and the results remained the same. “None of detected positive cases or their close contacts became symptomatic or newly confirmed with COVID-19 during the isolation period,” the study found."

buddsy

Try telling that to the people who have passed it on to grandparents that have died when they showed no symptoms themselves !

The figures you quote sound dodgy - 300 asymptomatic cases in 10 million people ??? Very small study if they only traced from those 300.

Edited by gregs24
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, march said:

I can do that - I have the tools and tags, plenty of experience on cows and no pain relief needed or supplied. Very reasonable rates 👨‍🌾💉🐄.

Offer your services to the nhs. You tag everyone who has the vaccine, that way we’ll know and I’m sure much cheaper than some sort of “passport” scheme.

7 hours ago, march said:

I can do that - I have the tools and tags, plenty of experience on cows and no pain relief needed or supplied. Very reasonable rates 👨‍🌾💉🐄.

Vaccine, tag, and deworm all for the price of one. Sounds like a deal! :D

2 hours ago, andydclements said:

Just watch out he doesn't throw another service in there as well.

I have those very long plastic gloves should they ever be needed - depending on who it is this service could be free! :getmecoat:

Why do we need to extend furlough until the end of September if all restrictions end in June and all adults have been offered a first dose vaccine by July, as per the Government’s targets? Seems like more unnecessary spending to me. As for the Treasury granting up to £250k to help buy a pub? The pub trade is not known for its honest dealings. The current owner could just sell it to a group of his mates/acquaintances/customers for “£250k” and then all take a share of Rishi Sunak’s corresponding £250k hand-out.

The amount of fraud that they could find through this will be staggering. I hope that they do catch those who are taking the piss and actually prosecute. Rishi, as you say, has been hugely generous - he allocated I think £12bn to CV in last year's budget and in reality, it's our money he's throwing about, we'll have to cover it all off before long.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

It's a matched fund grant is it not?  So you can get up to £250k to add to what you have already raised for your pub/sports club/theatre - so if you have £250k you can match it to £250k.

But as with everything like this, human nature and greed will mean that a minority will use it for personal gain. But this as always been the way.

I remember well a local business man who built flats/houses. He had a great lifestyle but then his business went tits up owing several million and nothing was really recovered.

He kept his Porsche Cayenne and other expensive cars. His lavish house and lifestyle. And his 3 kids at private school, where many much smaller businesses failed due to the debts his business owed. Funny that. Oh, and his new property firm sprang up 6 months later. Change of name. And away he goes.  You, scumbags have been around since time itself!

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

The amount of fraud that they could find through this will be staggering. I hope that they do catch those who are taking the piss and actually prosecute. Rishi, as you say, has been hugely generous - he allocated I think £12bn to CV in last year's budget and in reality, it's our money he's throwing about, we'll have to cover it all off before long.

I know several companies who took furlough money during the previous lockdown and then insisted staff work before end. Some never even put staff on furlough. I also know several companies that took money to "help them survive" when they were actually thriving during lockdown. I think HMRC will have its hands full for a while!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

HMRC needs to catch a few of the furlough and loan fraudsters in a blaze of publicity, then offer an amnesty provided they cough up. And then prosecute all over again. These fcukers must be taught a lesson. 

rewards should be offered to encourage employees and others to report furlough and loans abuse 

• Like 1

It would be great, but what are the chances? Tens of billions has been lost to fraud and there's plenty more to come. They're already expecting to lose £50bn to the bounceback loans alone but I know of several companies that, as Kimbers said, are keeping people working but the govt are paying their wages for them. While it's all been a necessary (if overly generous) knee-jerk to the pandemic, the govt employ enough people who could have policed it better. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.