free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 148 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now there is a brilliant idea. I have been having some texts with a member on here who has lost someone last week to this. My bet is Chris Whitty is probably more qualified than anyone to tell

This sign should me made mandatory in all public spaces!! 

Daisy did her first 4 hr vaccination shift today. 3 hrs prep and paperwork - 1 hour jabbing. 20 folks done. She goes again Sunday  one very proud Dad today

Posted Images

2 hours ago, andydclements said:

Just watch out he doesn't throw another service in there as well.

I have those very long plastic gloves should they ever be needed - depending on who it is this service could be free! :getmecoat:

Why do we need to extend furlough until the end of September if all restrictions end in June and all adults have been offered a first dose vaccine by July, as per the Government’s targets? Seems like more unnecessary spending to me. As for the Treasury granting up to £250k to help buy a pub? The pub trade is not known for its honest dealings. The current owner could just sell it to a group of his mates/acquaintances/customers for “£250k” and then all take a share of Rishi Sunak’s corresponding £250k hand-out.

The amount of fraud that they could find through this will be staggering. I hope that they do catch those who are taking the piss and actually prosecute. Rishi, as you say, has been hugely generous - he allocated I think £12bn to CV in last year's budget and in reality, it's our money he's throwing about, we'll have to cover it all off before long.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

It's a matched fund grant is it not?  So you can get up to £250k to add to what you have already raised for your pub/sports club/theatre - so if you have £250k you can match it to £250k.

But as with everything like this, human nature and greed will mean that a minority will use it for personal gain. But this as always been the way.

I remember well a local business man who built flats/houses. He had a great lifestyle but then his business went tits up owing several million and nothing was really recovered.

He kept his Porsche Cayenne and other expensive cars. His lavish house and lifestyle. And his 3 kids at private school, where many much smaller businesses failed due to the debts his business owed. Funny that. Oh, and his new property firm sprang up 6 months later. Change of name. And away he goes.  You, scumbags have been around since time itself!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

The amount of fraud that they could find through this will be staggering. I hope that they do catch those who are taking the piss and actually prosecute. Rishi, as you say, has been hugely generous - he allocated I think £12bn to CV in last year's budget and in reality, it's our money he's throwing about, we'll have to cover it all off before long.

I know several companies who took furlough money during the previous lockdown and then insisted staff work before end. Some never even put staff on furlough. I also know several companies that took money to "help them survive" when they were actually thriving during lockdown. I think HMRC will have its hands full for a while!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

HMRC needs to catch a few of the furlough and loan fraudsters in a blaze of publicity, then offer an amnesty provided they cough up. And then prosecute all over again. These fcukers must be taught a lesson. 

rewards should be offered to encourage employees and others to report furlough and loans abuse 

• Like 1

It would be great, but what are the chances? Tens of billions has been lost to fraud and there's plenty more to come. They're already expecting to lose £50bn to the bounceback loans alone but I know of several companies that, as Kimbers said, are keeping people working but the govt are paying their wages for them. While it's all been a necessary (if overly generous) knee-jerk to the pandemic, the govt employ enough people who could have policed it better. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, SFO said:

HMRC needs to catch a few of the furlough and loan fraudsters in a blaze of publicity, then offer an amnesty provided they cough up. And then prosecute all over again. These fcukers must be taught a lesson. 

rewards should be offered to encourage employees and others to report furlough and loans abuse 

To be fair, some companies don't need to be caught. Halfords are handing back their furlough £10m due to the boom in cycle sales keeping them going.

At last count more than £215m of furlough cash has been paid back by businesses. Not all businesses are bad. But some of the most selfish bastards are small companies (basically, greedy people) - and some are not. Some large companies are refusing to payback furlough but paying out dividends to shareholders. Some are not. Just to be balanced.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

I’m sure they can arrange locks if that’s what floats yer boat.

Only here once

The bounce back loans were not as straightforward to apply for as I was expecting. This took about 4 weeks to go through and a few on hold for 30 minutes telephone calls to speed up/chase up. If I can restart 12th April it will be a huge relief after not working 8 of the last 13 months. 
My tax will go up considerably next year as the new Corporation Tax rate kicks in. Not good for any Business but I can appreciate why it’s had to happen.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

As I understand it, the higher rate is only for companies that show a profit in excess of £50k pa. 

• Like 1

Evora NA

Bottom line is customers will end up paying it as prices will need to be increased to cover that additional increase.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Took me reading a few news websites to find yesterdays covid deaths, it's not really news anymore. 82. 

The current infection levels were I live in Tonbridge & Malling is 35 per 100,000.

0.035%.  

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Try this news.

the average age of covid death is higher than the average age of death in the uk.

pretty much sums up the media hype id say. 

• Like 1

Only here once

5 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Took me reading a few news websites to find yesterdays covid deaths, it's not really news anymore. 82. 

The figures for yesterday were only recently released due to processing problems .

So things are getting better around the country at last.

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, Bibs said:

The current infection levels were I live in Tonbridge & Malling is 35 per 100,000.

0.035%.  

Try this website.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

10 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Try this news.

the average age of covid death is higher than the average age of death in the uk.

pretty much sums up the media hype id say. 

Focussing on the deaths is the wrong thing.  Remember, the constant message has been to protect the NHS.  This means the restrictions were designed to limit how many infected peope needed admitting to hospital.

However, if you kill off those over the average dying age, that average age will drop.  An average is made up of samples above and below it.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

3 minutes ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

I go here each day to update a spreadsheet I have of daily cases and sadly deaths in devon/torbay/plymouth.

12 minutes ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Thanks, I know. I mentioned news websites to make the point in my post that it isn't really news anymore. Quite a few of the sites are removing their corona tabs now too. 

Evora NA