free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 159 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

We have just had something occur this weekend in Australia that defies all logic and seems to contradictory as well.

The Anzac Day dawn service and the march. And the AFL football.

The dawn service around the Shrine was fenced as apparently contact tracing would have been extremely difficult with the 4,000 people that were allowed, according to the government and the fencing etc was to assist with social distancing. I don't know how a fence does that, but what do I know.

The AFL football. The restrictions were lifted on the crowd number and 80,000 attended the Collingwood v Essendon game. Apparently that is ok. There was zero social distancing. Imagine the exposure explosion that would occur from a football ground.

Like the football, but what the government just did here was baffling and that politicians get on tv to justify this bizarre set of standards is ridiculous.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I see they are getting ready for the launch of the new Covid-21. All ready in the pipeline.

DWO-Teaser-Impfpass-js (1).jpg

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Two ship crew from India arriving in Torbay test positive.   How did we allow these in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-56998273

and Covid: Indian delegates in UK for G7 talks self-isolate after Covid cases. 

• Sad 1

Can someone please cut the strings away from this jumped up little puppet with a convenient memory or, if he’s a glove puppet, take their arm down from up his @rse.

When is he going to explain to the rest of the EU why his promised French vaccine for the EU never materialise?

I’m sure it’s just a mild Vindaflu 🙄

• Haha 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

But the symptoms include a dodgy Tikka

• Haha 2

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

This whole thing is a real bugger. The clock course that I want to do through the British Horological Institute requires me to go to the UK for some exams. We are not allowed to even fly internationally. I asked the travel agent that we use and she said don't really plan anything until mid 2022. Sigh..................

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

@ramjet I heard yesterday from one of our relatives in Oz that the border isn’t likely to open until after Spring 2022, which completely thwarts our plans for an 8 week visit in Jan/Feb next year.

Looks like late 2022 or early 2023 now for us 😠

And yet our News the other night was talking about people that have left and returned to Australia more than twice in 2020. Exemptions due to business travel required. I presume they still have to spend two weeks isolating in a hotel at their own expense when they return, but I would say they could still do the same thing via a video call.

• Gold FFM

so i feel much happier having at least  one jab but giving what is happening on the continent and the tikka masala variant we have more trouble to come me thinks

16 hours ago, SFO said:

Ironic that descendants of convicts in Australia now locked up in Australia 😂

Not unhappily though. :) 

Its funny Aus was once known as being a country of rufty tough types of men. They seemed to have had a great sprit of going out into the wild and being able to handle anything that was thrown at them. They even called us "whinging poms".

Aus now seems a shadow of this former self. They seem to be completely taken over by the left & woke culture. A great nation allowing themselves to be locked down so hard is very sad state of affairs.

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I would say having 910 COVID deaths to date is far from a sad state of affairs. That’s what you call a great nation looking after its citizens.

• Like 2

Well we are allowed to travel wherever we wish inside Australia at the moment. We are still allowing Australians that are stuck internationally back in. They have to quarantine, but that's the rules.

We don't have to wear masks in anywhere but hospitals now.

Cafes, bars, restaurants are all open again and numbers aren't restricted.

I don't know the last day that someone passed away attributed to Covid-19. I am not sure about the locally transmitted cases  number, but it is not high anywhere in Australia.

Ok. We can't travel internationally at the moment. Why would we want to? There are not many other countries that I want to go to that I trust have things under control.

There is a prediction that the population of Geelong will reach ~203,000 by the end of June 2021. India has two Geelong's worth of new Covid-19 cases every day at the moment.

So what is sad about what we are doing?

• Like 1

You Aussies have got it right. This country leaks like a sieve and seems to have more than it's fair share of Covidiots that don't understand what a virus is or does.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

They seem to be completely taken over by the left & woke culture

Sounds just like you are describing the UK...

Only here once

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

Well we are allowed to travel wherever we wish inside Australia at the moment. We are still allowing Australians that are stuck internationally back in. They have to quarantine, but that's the rules.

We don't have to wear masks in anywhere but hospitals now.

Cafes, bars, restaurants are all open again and numbers aren't restricted.

I don't know the last day that someone passed away attributed to Covid-19. I am not sure about the locally transmitted cases  number, but it is not high anywhere in Australia.

Ok. We can't travel internationally at the moment. Why would we want to? There are not many other countries that I want to go to that I trust have things under control.

There is a prediction that the population of Geelong will reach ~203,000 by the end of June 2021. India has two Geelong's worth of new Covid-19 cases every day at the moment.

So what is sad about what we are doing?

I think you are spot on there with this post.

We get jealous when our nephew send us photos of what he’s up to and as he says, Oz is a big country so plenty of options of places to visit without going overseas, especially now that you can travel to NZ as well I believe

I should have also said that there are many here in Australia who may disagree with some of what occurs, but the people that have broken those rules have either been caught by the virus or by the police.

The news used to be peppered with people who ran roadblocks by driving through the bush or ignored the police and barged through.

Either the media doesn't care about these types of incidents anymore or they are no longer happening.

We have to trust that our government is making the very best decisions they can. We, as a people, cannot really say that they don't know what they are doing. They have access to much more realtime information than what the man-on-the-street does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, and with the new mutations that keep on popping up, expect this to go on for a while yet.

B10B98DA-5610-4796-843A-77B247956DB4.jpeg

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!