Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 130 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

I suppose you might be thinking on a bigger scale like the car industry, they've already bought Lotus and British Leyland (Rover) and they didn't need a virus to do that. There are too many other businesses at the moment for it to be a monopoly. The Steel industry - not sure who owns that now but it's not British Steel any more and it's probably not competitive enough to take it on board anyway. Nuclear power - Aren't we trying to get them to do it anyway? Telecoms - they nearly got their foot in the door.

It's all a bit xenophobic and Daily Mail if you ask me.

• Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

It’s about time we ceased being reliant on the Chinese. Nothing xenophobia about that statement. The PRC and their humanitarian breaches are vile.  Call me racist all you like - if you can support the Chinese actions with regards to that - then frankly you need to give your head a shake.

Only here once

Not sure who you are talking too as I've not seen anyone on here supporting the Chinese with regard to that. Do you think we are reliant on the Chinese? I don't. However, I do think saying the Chinese would release a global pandemic purely for the benefit of buying overseas industries which they are doing anyway is a bit xenophobic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

It’s about time we ceased being reliant on the Chinese. Nothing xenophobia about that statement. The PRC and their humanitarian breaches are vile.  Call me racist all you like - if you can support the Chinese actions with regards to that - then frankly you need to give your head a shake.

I have been saying this for decades. We don’t NEED China.

• Like 1

Took my 84 year old mum to get her jab done first thing this morning. Of course, it had to snow last night! 84 year old dad is later today.

I know it’s no guarantee against getting it, but it’s a relief to get them done.

• Like 1

It's not a guarantee but, it at least halves the chance of contracting it, and even if they do it's hopefully not as severe a case. It does at least give a glimmer of hope, but they still have to isolate just the same as before (just as my 89yr old Mum is), especially since it seems parts of Norfolk have some of the worst infection rates (are we being complacent?, did we avoid it so well before that we have less people with immunity?).

32 minutes ago, andydclements said:

It's not a guarantee but, it at least halves the chance of contracting it, and even if they do it's hopefully not as severe a case. It does at least give a glimmer of hope, but they still have to isolate just the same as before (just as my 89yr old Mum is), especially since it seems parts of Norfolk have some of the worst infection rates (are we being complacent?, did we avoid it so well before that we have less people with immunity?).

Don't forget you have @Buddsy

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

1 minute ago, Buddsy said:

Ive not heard that before. ...

It's what the efficacy rates of the immunisation mean. They state the rates for different regimes, single dose, double dose, single dose repeated etc. For the Phizer I recall it had a stated efficacy of 50% for a single dose.

13 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Ive not heard that before. The gov.uk website says-

"We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk. So, it is still important to follow the guidance in your local area to protect those around you.

To protect yourself and your family, friends and colleagues you still need to:

practice social distancing

wear a face mask

wash your hands carefully and frequently

follow the current guidance"

I dont see the point of it myself.

I think in Hellesdon they had a lot of vaccine spare as many of my FB friend from school my age (under 50) had it.

buddsy

had it? covid?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The lockdowns have not been as effective as they should have been  because they have been too lax and not enforced sufficiently 

Oz, NZ and other got it right with full border closures & curfews etc. It would have been a more draconian approach but would have also been a shorter period.

Main thing to remember is that many, and in particular the glorious Labour leader, are experts in applying the science of hindsight🤔

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Buddsy said:

I was convinced from the beginning social distancing doesn't work and as for masks you might as well wear those on your arse. 40 years of research on the subject say they dont work but 4 weeks of research in march claimed they do.

At what point will people accept its not the people its the lock downs that dont work.

buddsy

I'm sure glad my surgeon wore a mask for my open heart surgery  (his mask protects me) You'd be surprised how far sneeze droplets go without one.

https://www.livescience.com/face-mask-visualization-droplets-covid-19.html

• Like 1

Your surgeon's mask is medical grade standard and far far more effective than the face coverings worn by joe bloggs

Surgeons have been wearing masks for decades before CV19 turned up

I had a call from a welfare officer working out of my GPs who was asking if we were getting everything we need ok due to shielding.

She also told me that I am on the local clinically vulnerable list so should expect to hear about an appointment by 7th Feb latest.

I’m not holding my breath though looking at how vaccinations are progressing in East Suffolk😟

37 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

I had a call from a welfare officer working out of my GPs who was asking if we were getting everything we need ok due to shielding.

She also told me that I am on the local clinically vulnerable list so should expect to hear about an appointment by 7th Feb latest.

I’m not holding my breath though looking at how vaccinations are progressing in East Suffolk😟

Still burning people at  the stake for such things aren't they?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Anyone on here been jabbed yet?

Had notification I can book an appointment now,none available

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Only just been offered my Flu jab yet alone COVID. And the Police have been totally omitted from any priority list so no joy there. I mean, it's not like you are dealing with people all day within 2 meters, going into peoples homes or dealing with people who tell you they are vulnerable or anything!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

I’m booked in for a flu jab tomorrow but probably months away for the first Covid inoculation. 
Hope I’m wrong but I can see the next problem issue will happen after 25-30 Million have been inoculated (thinking they are immune) and they start to return to some sort of normality within their lives after lockdown is gradually eased - The rest of the population not having received the jab therefore naturally become more at risk from coming into contact with covid carriers. Hope I wrong but I can see the Hospitals being at capacity for a very long time.

Great that NHS staff are having/had theirs as they should be and all other emergency services I would hope should be prioritised very shortly and up next. 
I can’t see me returning to my job until mid March or later - I’m actually in two minds if I even want to return to work unless I’ve been inoculated. It was different after lockdown 1 and even 2 but as the weeks have trickled by, we all now know family and/or friends who have had it or have it. Too close for comfort now.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!