Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 136 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
16 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

That isn’t how virology works. A success virus isn’t stronger - it burns out faster if it is. It should get less fatal and more transmissible 

I would suggest that becoming more transmissible is a strength?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Whether it is man made or Natural (I don't think its natural either, I think it was some virology experiments that got away from the Chinese - I am not a subscriber to the fact they did it on purpose) the whole point is it IS killing people at an unheard of level in modern society. It is dangerous. You do need to keep away from people until everyone is vaccinated and lockdown IS a valid way to do this.

My only worry is its not strict enough. The roads are busy, I have never seen so many people out and about and even places like Next are open for click and collect with huge queues in Norwich's main store. Why do people need fashion clothing when they are meant to be staying at home? Personally I just ordered 4 pairs of trackies on Amazon and thats all I wear unless I am at work.

Saturday busy at work mainly with road issues, which shouldn't happen with lockdown and even later in the evening cars were everywhere. We need to be more like many of the European countries and have curfews.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

16 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

My only worry is its not strict enough. The roads are busy, I have never seen so many people out and about and even places like Next are open for click and collect with huge queues in Norwich's main store. Why do people need fashion clothing when they are meant to be staying at home? Personally I just ordered 4 pairs of trackies on Amazon and thats all I wear unless I am at work.

Saturday busy at work mainly with road issues, which shouldn't happen with lockdown and even later in the evening cars were everywhere. We need to be more like many of the European countries and have curfews.

Trouble is, you expect other folks to live by your principles 

Not my principles, I expect other folks to adhere to the law and the spirit of the law. It's pretty plain and simple. Even if Next is open, is it essential you buy a new Hoodie or dress? No. So don't go out. Do you have food in the house? Yes? then its not essential to get a maccy D's.

You would not believe the things we hear on a daily basis for reason why people are breaching COVID regulations.

• Like 1

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

1 minute ago, Kimbers said:

Not my principles, I expect other folks to adhere to the law and the spirit of the law. It's pretty plain and simple. Even if Next is open, is it essential you buy a new Hoodie or dress? No. So don't go out. Do you have food in the house? Yes? then its not essential to get a maccy D's.

You would not believe the things we hear on a daily basis for reason why people are breaching COVID regulations.

Laws are made to be broken. No one complies with all laws all the time. What you deem unnecessary may well be essential for others. What you deem unacceptable risk can be perfectly fine for others. 

• Haha 1

And Police are there to enforce the law if it is broken even if a Member of the Public think they know better!  How can something I deem unacceptable risk seem fine to others if it is against the law? Some people smoke Cannabis because they think it is fine but it doesn't stop them being fined or even arrested? Some people think Driving over the speed limit is an acceptable risk but that doesn't stop them getting a ticket or even losing their license?

COVID regulations are there to protect others. I have no problem someone not caring about catching it but I do care about all the innocent people who don't want it catching it off them or someone that person has been in contact with, even if its just off a plastic bag their nice new dress shirt came in from Next!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

And Police are there to enforce the law if it is broken even if a Member of the Public think they know better!  How can something I deem unacceptable risk seem fine to others if it is against the law? Some people smoke Cannabis because they think it is fine but it doesn't stop them being fined or even arrested? Some people think Driving over the speed limit is an acceptable risk but that doesn't stop them getting a ticket or even losing their license?

COVID regulations are there to protect others. I have no problem someone not caring about catching it but I do care about all the innocent people who don't want it catching it off them or someone that person has been in contact with, even if its just off a plastic bag their nice new dress shirt came in from Next!

We don't have enough Police to enforce all breaches of the law, only the serious and flagrant ones

@Sparky if your memory is headed the direction that mine is, you'll have an in-built ignore list soon.

Just noticed this on the news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55839493 Coronavirus: Black MPs unite in video to encourage vaccine take-up

Great idea, but I really hope Diane Abbott isn't going to cite the figures for the benefit of a vaccine and its efficacy rate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And it gets worse for the EU: (UK approved the vaccine in December and has been rolling it out. EY expects to approve it on Friday, and is pissed off that UK is ahead of it in the queue? Hmmm, also, I though the vaccines had a short shelf life too?  This really just slow what small minded, petty, petulant people the EU have in their employ.

Belgian regulators have launched an investigation into AstraZeneca’s coronavirus vaccine production site near Brussels on the request of the European commission, in an escalation of the row over shortages within the EU.

A first visit by officials from the Belgian federal medicines agency was completed on Wednesday at the site in Seneffe, Hainaut, the health ministry in Belgium said. Samples and records were taken from the plant and a further inspection of the facility is expected in the coming days.

The investigation was requested by the EU’s executive branch due to doubts over AstraZeneca’s explanation of an expected shortfall in vaccine deliveries to the EU.

The Anglo-Swedish company has said it will be able to deliver to EU member states only about 25% of the 100m doses expected by the end of March due to a production problem at the Belgian site owned by the French life-sciences company Novasep. The vaccine is expected to be authorised by the European medicines agency on Friday.

At the same time, AstraZeneca has assured Downing Street that it will be able to produce 2m doses a week of the vaccine to the UK in order to successfully fulfil a total order of 100m jabs. The vaccine was authorised by the UK regulator in December.

The commission has questioned the company’s explanation for the expected shortfall in deliveries to the European Union, and wants to know whether doses produced on EU territory have been diverted to the UK in recent weeks.

The backdrop to the investigation is AstraZeneca’s insistence that it will not make up the shortfall in deliveries to the EU by diverting vaccine doses made in Oxford and Staffordshire and put into vials in Wrexham.

AstraZeneca’s chief executive, Pascal Soriot, had said that he was contractually obligated to fulfil the UK government’s order for 100m doses first from British-based production sites.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine candidate, dubbed AZD1222, can be stored and transported at normal refrigerated temps of 2 degrees to 8 degrees Celsius (36 degrees to 46 degrees Fahrenheit) for at least six months

If it's true about the obstructive tactics at the Belgian plant then that is stupid. They should be assisting them to increase production.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, andydclements said:

@Sparky if your memory is headed the direction that mine is, you'll have an in-built ignore list soon.

Just noticed this on the news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55839493 Coronavirus: Black MPs unite in video to encourage vaccine take-up

Great idea, but I really hope Diane Abbott isn't going to cite the figures for the benefit of a vaccine and its efficacy rate.

Let her get on with it. It’ll provide the BBC with a dilemma when she starts at around 3,000%.

Margate Exotics.

4 hours ago, PaulCP said:

In reality the delay will be down to the bureaucracy of the EU committee system, but at least “all 27 member states are united” or so we are told!

Hungary broke ranks & licenced a Russian vaccine a week ago because the EU were so slow.

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

I just got a text and am booked in for my jab next week :thumbsup:

There's a growing body of internet evidence that the larger the muscle mass one gets their vaccine then the fewer the side effects. Just let them know you prefer the gluteal route. I'm sure the jabbers won't mind. Good luck, Bibs!  :whistle:

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Kimbers said:

And Police are there to enforce the law if it is broken even if a Member of the Public think they know better!  

Absolutely no shortage of serving police officers breaching the rules in the media. 

• Like 2

Only here once