Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 162 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

Just imagine how the internet would have looked in 1930/40s Germany. Governments of all sorts are well known to misrepresent the facts to suit their means. 

• Like 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Buddsy, there is no "Gene therapy" if you are referring to COVID-19 vaccines.  Stimulating the immune system to be pre-warned that something is a threat, is not gene therapy.

Models are often poor, even when dealing with known factors. In this case we didn't know the infection reproduction rate in normal society, let alone with masks / social distancing etc, we didn't know mortality rates, so no model is going to be accurate, it's just a matter of how inaccurate it is. I'm not going to attempt to defend the accuracy of  the models the UK government used, I'm only going to say that they could have used worse ones.   What you then do with the output of the model, that's where people can go wildly wrong, again, not going to defend UK gov't, I have my views on how they acted, others will have other views, but actions are based on guess work, the figures are based on facts even if the way those are gathered may be flawed or may be open to interpretation as to what they mean.

It does on the surface seem weird having to incentivise people to have a preventative inoculation, but perhaps that's because Australia (and New Zealand) can virtually isolate themselves from other continents and so transmission from external sources almost dries up, that just leaves transmission from other residents, and with lock-downs that transmission has been minimal.  If, you are looking to Aus in order to compare the UK , then I'd suggest using to somewhere that's a non-isolated country that hasn't had a massive inoculation programme and hasn't had strict lock-downs. Perhaps look more at somewhere like Brazil, and see what absence of those factors does to disease and death rates. 

• Like 2

On 19/06/2021 at 12:21, eclat22 said:

I can't remember if this has been brought up on here, but could the rise in clots also be partly attributed to many people now working from home spending hours at a time on computers rather than getting up to speak to people in the office or sales reps that would go out and visit customers, it could just be a perfect storm of conditions combining to cause this. 

What a well educated, sensible observation.  I agree!

On 29/06/2021 at 11:10, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Now Sajid Javid seems to think that all’s rosey in the Garden of Covid.

Is that a euphemism for what Sajid, or as that brainbox Angela Rayner calls him, "Sadiq", has been doing in Rosey's garden?

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Governments of all sorts are well known to misrepresent the facts to suit their means. 

Especially in Scotland.

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

26 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

A photo of @Buddsyhas surfaced on the Internet. I can’t help but think he has a point.

454C043E-5B2A-4612-B86F-808F7085EA3C.jpeg.329d7907d1de05913805347bd92ba72e.jpeg

I can assure you that is not @Buddsy. That guy there has a mask and no tin foil on his hat!   

only joking bud, only joking.....

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

2 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Only funny cause its true... 🙂

Actually in all honesty my best mate had his second jab and had real pain in his leg last weekend. Went to the walk in centre where they asked what jab he had. AZ he replied so they sent him to A&E where he tested positive for a clot. They treated him with anticoagulants and after 2 days his scan confirmed it had cleared. Hes now shitting himself for the future as he recently lost his dad to a stroke.

As a professional classic guitarist he always has sat down and has had posture problems in the past. So was this due to the jab? Who really knows. He said the hospital said they were seeing lots of people coming in with clots.

buddsy

I think it depends on your point of view. As ever!

For me, I'm an unfit, fat bastard. So I am a prime candidate for hospitalisation through Covid. So my PoV is there is less risk in me taking the vaccine, than there is in me "hoping it out" and then getting Covid as quite frankly that could be me screwed and dead (some on here will be wishing I did not take the vaccine for sure).

Others, will be in a different personal position and will view the vaccine as a higher risk to them.

Horses for courses. Who knows who is right.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Here’s a funny one.

The kids school on the last day of term walk the length of the Malverns. 
This year it’s been cancelled due to covid. So the covid risk must be smaller for them to all mix in school buildings - but walking in the open air is dangerous.

seriously the worlds gone to pot.

• Like 2

Only here once

32 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

The kids school on the last day of term walk the length of the Malverns

Perhaps they could not find enough hi-viz vests, safety shoes, hard hats etc to satisfy health and safety for such dangerous outdoor activities. A risk assessment may not have been completed to enable insurance requirements being satisfied.  

The world has gone bonkers....

• Like 2

On 29/06/2021 at 11:10, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

When Boris announced the delay 2 weeks ago, there were 1135 people in hospital for CV-19 related illness. Now there are 1505. Daily new case numbers are ballooning (up from 7742 then to 22868 now) and the daily number of vaccinations is falling rather than ramping up as promised, so I can only see the number of hospitalisations going up. So if the current rules are not stopping the spread of the Delta variant, then what can we expect when all restrictions have ended?

Latest data 4 days on:

Covid patients in hospital up from 1505 to 1795.

Daily new cases up from 22868 to 27125.

Daily vaccinations of both first and second doses only about half that of previous levels.

Pre Delta variant, we had got the number of cases per 100,000 population in England down to 12, it’s now 136.

So where does all the Cabinet optimism come from?

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Maybe they don’t watch the bbc 

• Like 2

Only here once

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Perhaps they could not find enough hi-viz vests, safety shoes, hard hats etc to satisfy health and safety for such dangerous outdoor activities. A risk assessment may not have been completed to enable insurance requirements being satisfied.  

The world has gone bonkers....

Perfectly safe as long as they walk to and from the Malverns

• Gold FFM

Parents actually have to drop off at a starting point - as do the school buses. It’s a 10 minute walk from the school itself.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
On 02/07/2021 at 00:20, Buddsy said:

I see the Aussies have many who are unwilling to take the gene therapy so they are now upping the incentives to include free flights and the chance of winning huge prizes just for having the jab!

Again, who is offering the free flights? What appears to be inferred by your comment is that it is the government. Nope. The free flight thing is to be done by Qantas privately. On top of that, it is still being talked about. Nothing is set in stone yet.

'Upping the incentives'? There weren't any incentives before so 'they' are not 'upping' anything.

"Chance of huge prizes'? What exactly?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

As Toyah would say, "it's a conspirathy, a conspirathy...."

On 02/07/2021 at 11:23, Buddsy said:

Only funny cause its true... 🙂

Actually in all honesty my best mate had his second jab and had real pain in his leg last weekend. Went to the walk in centre where they asked what jab he had. AZ he replied so they sent him to A&E where he tested positive for a clot. They treated him with anticoagulants and after 2 days his scan confirmed it had cleared. Hes now shitting himself for the future as he recently lost his dad to a stroke.

As a professional classic guitarist he always has sat down and has had posture problems in the past. So was this due to the jab? Who really knows. He said the hospital said they were seeing lots of people coming in with clots.

buddsy

That is not the normal presentation for post vaccination coagulopathy, and they are not treated with anticoagulants. That certainly sounds like a more traditional dvt.

On 03/07/2021 at 09:45, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Latest data 4 days on:

Covid patients in hospital up from 1505 to 1795.

Daily new cases up from 22868 to 27125.

Daily vaccinations of both first and second doses only about half that of previous levels.

Pre Delta variant, we had got the number of cases per 100,000 population in England down to 12, it’s now 136.

At that time the numbers were just beginning to head up and they wanted the time to make sure that the death rate didn’t follow it as it has done previously. So whilst the death rate is rising, it remains a much lower percentage of the cases than it did previously, therefore the vaccines are doing what was expected. 

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, gregs24 said:

That is not the normal presentation for post vaccination coagulopathy, and they are not treated with anticoagulants. That certainly sounds like a more traditional dvt.

I made that very point back a few pages. I am on an anticoagulant after my stroke. When I asked my GP whether that would assist me with not forming a clot, he replied that it would do nothing as the mechanism to form a clot via a vaccine was different.

My first year out enrolled nurse daughter knows that very fact as well.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Recognise yourself as being 'woke'? Do you thank the shape-shifting lizard people that you're not a 'sheeple'? Then get on down to the latest bat-shit crazy conspiracy that's giving a bad name to other bat-shit crazy conspiracy theories - BIRDS AREN'T REAL.

https://birdsarentreal.com/

No need for tin foil hats if there's no bird shit that's going to land on you!

Maybe it's Obama's bird drones that are spreading micro-chipped Covid vaccines via their invisible chemtrails?   

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Wow! I'm glad that I had nothing in my mouth when I went to the link. I thought you were kidding at first Robin.

I wonder if someone believes in one conspiracy theory, that they are then obligated to believe in every one of them? I don't believe in any of them. I wonder if the opposite is also true?

I think the last time I heard the word 'Blasphemy' used was when I was young and watched 'The Life of Brian'.

• Like 2