free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 133 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I dont think so. A few of my customers have had people had it. Well I say had it maybe I should say tested positive. And a few students at my wife work had it. 

Have you?

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now there is a brilliant idea. I have been having some texts with a member on here who has lost someone last week to this. My bet is Chris Whitty is probably more qualified than anyone to tell

This sign should me made mandatory in all public spaces!! 

I don't understand why this is even a conversation. It is plainly obvious that wearing a mask is to protect others, not yourself. Any kind of face covering reduces the amount of vapour you expel and h

Posted Images

A relative of mine has been in hospital London after a brain clot in intensive care for a couple of weeks while they wait to operate...hes now got Covid. So where did he catch that then?

The strain people seem to catch in hospital seems to spell the end for them.

I see people blaming each other for not sticking to the rules but in general I see people do seem to be sticking to the rules in the main.

I was convinced from the beginning social distancing doesn't work and as for masks you might as well wear those on your arse. 40 years of research on the subject say they dont work but 4 weeks of research in march claimed they do.

At what point will people accept its not the people its the lock downs that dont work.

buddsy

The lockdowns have not been as effective as they should have been  because they have been too lax and not enforced sufficiently 

Oz, NZ and other got it right with full border closures & curfews etc. It would have been a more draconian approach but would have also been a shorter period.

Main thing to remember is that many, and in particular the glorious Labour leader, are experts in applying the science of hindsight🤔

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Buddsy said:

I was convinced from the beginning social distancing doesn't work and as for masks you might as well wear those on your arse. 40 years of research on the subject say they dont work but 4 weeks of research in march claimed they do.

At what point will people accept its not the people its the lock downs that dont work.

buddsy

I'm sure glad my surgeon wore a mask for my open heart surgery  (his mask protects me) You'd be surprised how far sneeze droplets go without one.

https://www.livescience.com/face-mask-visualization-droplets-covid-19.html

• Like 1
1 hour ago, comem47 said:

I'm sure glad my surgeon wore a mask for my open heart surgery  (his mask protects me) You'd be surprised how far sneeze droplets go without one.

https://www.livescience.com/face-mask-visualization-droplets-covid-19.html

Thats assuming you believe the idea a virus is spread by water droplets from a persons breath. An unproven idea that many scientists do not subscribe to.

As to your surgeon wearing a mask during theater Im sure it makes the patient feel safer but in reality even surgeons are not sure if they are worn for their own protection or that of the patient.

"the extracted data revealed no statistically significant association between mask usage and the incidence of surgical site infection" - Royal Society of Medicine

buddsy

Your surgeon's mask is medical grade standard and far far more effective than the face coverings worn by joe bloggs

Surgeons have been wearing masks for decades before CV19 turned up

Anyone on here been jabbed yet?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I had a call from a welfare officer working out of my GPs who was asking if we were getting everything we need ok due to shielding.

She also told me that I am on the local clinically vulnerable list so should expect to hear about an appointment by 7th Feb latest.

I’m not holding my breath though looking at how vaccinations are progressing in East Suffolk😟

Fingers crossed. I'm CEV so hoping to hear soon and ideally the Pfizer one which sounds best of the lot! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

37 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

I had a call from a welfare officer working out of my GPs who was asking if we were getting everything we need ok due to shielding.

She also told me that I am on the local clinically vulnerable list so should expect to hear about an appointment by 7th Feb latest.

I’m not holding my breath though looking at how vaccinations are progressing in East Suffolk😟

Still burning people at  the stake for such things aren't they?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Anyone on here been jabbed yet?

Had notification I can book an appointment now,none available

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Only just been offered my Flu jab yet alone COVID. And the Police have been totally omitted from any priority list so no joy there. I mean, it's not like you are dealing with people all day within 2 meters, going into peoples homes or dealing with people who tell you they are vulnerable or anything!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I’m booked in for a flu jab tomorrow but probably months away for the first Covid inoculation. 
Hope I’m wrong but I can see the next problem issue will happen after 25-30 Million have been inoculated (thinking they are immune) and they start to return to some sort of normality within their lives after lockdown is gradually eased - The rest of the population not having received the jab therefore naturally become more at risk from coming into contact with covid carriers. Hope I wrong but I can see the Hospitals being at capacity for a very long time.

Great that NHS staff are having/had theirs as they should be and all other emergency services I would hope should be prioritised very shortly and up next. 
I can’t see me returning to my job until mid March or later - I’m actually in two minds if I even want to return to work unless I’ve been inoculated. It was different after lockdown 1 and even 2 but as the weeks have trickled by, we all now know family and/or friends who have had it or have it. Too close for comfort now.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Only one had a valid medical certificate.

This is bollox as well, firstly - I don't accept it, unless you are on oxygen, and if not you should be shielding anyway, so shouldn't be out - notwithstanding this, additionally, even if it is genuine then there is nothing stopping them from wearing a face shield.

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

11 minutes ago, Colin P said:

This is bollox as well, firstly - I don't accept it, unless you are on oxygen, and if not you should be shielding anyway, so shouldn't be out - notwithstanding this, additionally, even if it is genuine then there is nothing stopping them from wearing a face shield.

To be fair, if they have a certificate then they are not wearing a mask legally and the Police can't do anything about it, that was my point.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

To be fair, if they have a certificate then they are not wearing a mask legally and the Police can't do anything about it, that was my point.

I hadn't really put the challenging together with your Police duties - but fair point. What it needs is to legislate it as a fall back position - for the benefit of others.

I'm assuming you are a Special? But some of your comments seem to infer that the training for Specials is somewhat more comprehensive than it was when I served.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

From what I’ve read on-line, the Moderna vaccine, which we haven’t got, is Top Dog, closely followed by Pfizer/Biontech. The cheapo Astra Zeneca one we developed only works on monkeys, but since the majority of our population resemble the missing link, it should be just fine.

Joking by the way.

My MIL has had both doses of Pfizer/Biontech vaccines already. She suffers from so many illnesses that they seem to cancel each other out. She also doesn’t set foot outside her home, except for medical appointments, so is extremely unlikely to catch CV-19 anyway.