free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 147 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

@BarrykearleyThings run the gamut even in healthcare from frequent asymptomatic testing to no testing or quarantine unless clearly present symptoms or direct known exposure. Just goes to show how things are still a WAG in many ways and anyone who is certain about how things should be done or should've been done are just as likely wrong as right. Sounds a bit like overkill but "he who has the swabs makes the rules." 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now there is a brilliant idea. I have been having some texts with a member on here who has lost someone last week to this. My bet is Chris Whitty is probably more qualified than anyone to tell

This sign should me made mandatory in all public spaces!! 

Daisy did her first 4 hr vaccination shift today. 3 hrs prep and paperwork - 1 hour jabbing. 20 folks done. She goes again Sunday  one very proud Dad today

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

So the big test is going to be the longevity of individuals immune response. 

I’m not feeling as confident about Boris’s timelines now.

• Like 1

Only here once

Indeed the things that could scupper the plan is if the immunity doesn’t last very long and if there further mutations for which the vaccine and existing antibodies are not effective against.

These things can prevent the infection rates going down, keeping the high level burden on the health services and prevent us from reducing the restrictions. 

So far the vaccine and the restrictions are showing a good reduction in rates fingers crossed that carries on and we can pass the tests required at each stage of Boris’ plan. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

So the big test is going to be the longevity of individuals immune response. 

I’m not feeling as confident about Boris’s timelines now.

If immunity didn't last long, the press would be full of stories of folks getting ill due to CV19 more than once 

• Like 1

You’re going to love this one.

Despite increasing business and income this year, my wife’s employer has just informed her and her colleagues that some of them will be going back on furlough for the first time since last summer. The reason cited is that they can’t pay the monthly bills.

Coincidentally, we found out last week, that this couple has put their existing dual use premises on the market, with the view to moving into a much more expensive and currently residential property, which they will presumably also apply for dual use (it also has a sizeable self-contained flat).

I cannot help thinking that they are playing Rishi Sunak for a fool, by using his free money such as the furlough scheme, business grants and loans and stamp duty holiday to help fund their purchase of one of the most desirable homes in our town. If business is that bad, why would you pick this particular moment to consider upgrading to a property worth £330,000 more than your existing one?

It really does look like some people will come out of this pandemic financially very well thank you, whilst the majority end up paying their bills.

• Like 1

So this person that cannot be found that arrived from Brazil - Why not simply pubish their name?  Pretty sure they could then be tracked down in 20 mins....   

On 24/02/2021 at 12:59, Barrykearley said:

Well - my eldest Daisy has tested positive again. Even though she has antibodies - has had her first jab - and is showing no symptoms. That was a test from yesterday - she has another routine flow test again today.

Seems the majority of Scientist and doctors are saying if you have no symptoms you aint got it no matter if you test positive...its just not the scientists and doctors the Gov are listening to.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

6 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Seems the majority of Scientist and doctors are saying if you have no symptoms you aint got it no matter if you test positive...its just not the scientists and doctors the Gov are listening to.

buddsy

This is incorrect. Asymptomatic spread is a major cause of transmission. Asymptomatic cases tend to shed less virus but there are 'super shedders' that can spew out loads of virus even with no symptoms. PCR test is VERY sensitive at detecting virus, and if the virus is only present in the nasal cavity you will test positive on PCR but can test negative on blood. Antibodies in the blood are not the same as local antibodies in the nasal cavities. For some diseases local antibodies are stimulated by intranasal vaccination to provide a quicker response but they don't stimulate high levels of antibodies found in the blood.

Crucially vaccinated people are protected from severe disease but NOT from becoming infected or passing on the virus. Yes there is evidence that onward transmission is reduced and virus multiplication in the nose of vaccinated people significantly reduced, but it is certainly possible to be antibody positive / vaccinated and still become infected and test positive. 

Sorry it's all a bit complicated, but that's because it is complicated !

2 hours ago, 910Esprit said:

So this person that cannot be found that arrived from Brazil - Why not simply pubish their name?  Pretty sure they could then be tracked down in 20 mins....   

I don't think they have that information

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, 910Esprit said:

the government has trouble tracing thousands of illegals every year. Yet strangely they know where every single cow is in the country 🤔. Maybe @march should be put in charge.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
On 21/02/2021 at 22:00, Barrykearley said:

She and her housemates have been practicing taking each others blood this evening

So the Zombie apocalypse has commenced!

How to Make Zombie Clothes » LookLikeAZombie.com

24 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

the government has trouble tracing thousands of illegals every year.

Because the "liberals" won't let us tag them like we do cattle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

They have no trouble providing little cards preloaded with free cash 🤔

Only here once

They said on the news earlier than they hadn't filled out the identity form which is meant to accompany their test. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Neal H said:

You mean like a plastic tag stapled to their ear?

Yes. Just that.

image.jpeg.014e29103fef9b169cd240652765f637.jpeg

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

3 hours ago, gregs24 said:

Crucially vaccinated people are protected from severe disease but NOT from becoming infected or passing on the virus. Yes there is evidence that onward transmission is reduced and virus multiplication in the nose of vaccinated people significantly reduced, but it is certainly possible to be antibody positive / vaccinated and still become infected and test positive. 

First you say vaccines don't stop infection or transmission ..

next you say vaccines do stop transmission ..

You sound like a politician 😂

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, gregs24 said:

Asymptomatic spread is a major cause of transmission. 

According to some but by no means all.

Many doctors dont agree with the idea of asymptomatic carriers and say people could test positive for flu but if they aren't showing signs would never be considered to have flu.

The British Medical Journal have revised their figure of infections from asymptomatic transitions from 80% down to between 17-20%.

A recent huge study in China found

"A study late November in China of 10 million PCR test "Titled Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly 10 million residents of Wuhan, China, the study thoroughly debunked the concept of asymptomatic transmission.

Out of the nearly 10 million people in the study, results revealed “300 asymptomatic cases” were found. Utilizing contact tracing, of those 300, not a single case of COVID-19 were detected in any of them.

“A total of 1,174 close contacts of the asymptomatic positive cases were traced, and they all tested negative for the COVID-19,” the study concluded.

Both the asymptomatic patients and their contacts were placed in isolation for a period of no less than two weeks and the results remained the same. “None of detected positive cases or their close contacts became symptomatic or newly confirmed with COVID-19 during the isolation period,” the study found."

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM

I’m not so sure I would trust anything those lovely folks in China say @Buddsy

5 hours ago, 910Esprit said:

I'd be a little worried if people can arrive on international flights without an identity!

Folks arrive in the uk all the time with absolutely no identification paperwork.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Many doctors dont agree with the idea of asymptomatic carriers and say people could test positive for flu but if they aren't showing signs would never be considered to have flu.

The British Medical Journal have revised their figure of infections from asymptomatic transitions from 80% down to between 17-20%.

"A study late November in China of 10 million PCR test "Titled Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly 10 million residents of Wuhan, China, the study thoroughly debunked the concept of asymptomatic transmission.

Out of the nearly 10 million people in the study, results revealed “300 asymptomatic cases” were found. Utilizing contact tracing, of those 300, not a single case of COVID-19 were detected in any of them.

“A total of 1,174 close contacts of the asymptomatic positive cases were traced, and they all tested negative for the COVID-19,” the study concluded.

Both the asymptomatic patients and their contacts were placed in isolation for a period of no less than two weeks and the results remained the same. “None of detected positive cases or their close contacts became symptomatic or newly confirmed with COVID-19 during the isolation period,” the study found."

buddsy

Thanks. I think @Buddsy. My brain hurts after reading that. 

4 hours ago, SFO said:

First you say vaccines don't stop infection or transmission ..

next you say vaccines do stop transmission ..

You sound like a politician 😂

No. Vaccines have been shown to reduce the risk of transmission, but do not prevent in all cases. I was very specific with my wording.

48 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

buddsy

Try telling that to the people who have passed it on to grandparents that have died when they showed no symptoms themselves !

The figures you quote sound dodgy - 300 asymptomatic cases in 10 million people ??? Very small study if they only traced from those 300.

Edited by gregs24
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, march said:

I can do that - I have the tools and tags, plenty of experience on cows and no pain relief needed or supplied. Very reasonable rates 👨‍🌾💉🐄.

Offer your services to the nhs. You tag everyone who has the vaccine, that way we’ll know and I’m sure much cheaper than some sort of “passport” scheme.

7 hours ago, march said:

I can do that - I have the tools and tags, plenty of experience on cows and no pain relief needed or supplied. Very reasonable rates 👨‍🌾💉🐄.

Vaccine, tag, and deworm all for the price of one. Sounds like a deal! :D