free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 152 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

No restaurants open @Bibs - very little langoustines being cooked.

• Haha 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now there is a brilliant idea. I have been having some texts with a member on here who has lost someone last week to this. My bet is Chris Whitty is probably more qualified than anyone to tell

This sign should me made mandatory in all public spaces!! 

Daisy did her first 4 hr vaccination shift today. 3 hrs prep and paperwork - 1 hour jabbing. 20 folks done. She goes again Sunday  one very proud Dad today

Posted Images

They're being badly cooked at home, hence the shell in the bouillabaisse. Not sure what you lot have for brekkie out there in Worcestershire but that's standard fare here in the sunny South East :lol:

• Haha 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Apples 👍 cider ones 😎

We got sooo many apples @RobinB5 is building a whole warehouse for them 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I see the Hungarian FM is giving the EU unelected elite some real grief over the lack of approving the Russian vaccine. Putin is also being very vocal.

All the while the EU are effectively blaming the UK?

couldn’t make it up.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Ursula Does The Lying will be cranking up the rhetoric too.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

10 hours ago, Bibs said:

17 covid related deaths yesterday, more people died from choking on langoustine shells I think. Still in lockdown, economy in freefall, billions being spent. :blink:

Posh git. We only get shrimp shells to choke on round ‘ere.

Margate Exotics.

Oh, and it's illegal, a crime, to go on holiday as of Monday. You could end up with a £5k fine or I assume jail for booking a week in Benidorm.

:huh:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It’s worth remembering that the weekend reported deaths are always well below the 7 day average, so that figure of 17 is not representative. Also, the rate of fall of new cases has slowed and is almost flat. This is to be expected, since the shear numbers are much lower, so an R rate of 0.6 - 0.9 has less numerical effect as time passes and becomes less relevant: spikes in particular areas can blur the overall picture. It now seem to be at about 5000 new cases per day, which is of course a fraction of what it once was, but still way above summer 2020. Interesting that no-one seems to be talking about the effect that re-opening the schools has had. It’s been a fortnight now and term ends on Friday, so if there is no significant increase in cases, then I see no reason why we can’t then have a full summer term.

• Like 1

I think there was some sort of suggestion last week that the reason why the number of cases has flattened was somewhat expected when the schools opened up due to the increase in tests being carried out.

Hence a more indicative statistic given out to gauge the ongoing situation would be the % of positive tests from total tests per day.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Oh, and it's illegal, a crime, to go on holiday as of Monday. You could end up with a £5k fine or I assume jail for booking a week in Benidorm.

We still ok to go out rioting though?

And this whole vaccination passport caper just seems like a back door way to track and trace peoples movements all the more - remember the national identity card idea? Hmmm all the while rubber boats will keep arriving at Dover and we won’t deport foreign born criminals.

the whole world is bloody screwed.

• Thanks 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

I think there was some sort of suggestion last week that the reason why the number of cases has flattened was somewhat expected when the schools opened up due to the increase in tests being carried out.

Hence a more indicative statistic given out to gauge the ongoing situation would be the % of positive tests from total tests per day.

Yes that’s a good point. Some of the new positive cases could now be asymptomatic school children, who wouldn’t previously have undergone any testing to appear in any statistics. I don’t think my kids had any testing in the first year of the pandemic, but they have each been tested several times in the past fortnight.

The statistics that really matter, IMO, are numbers of people in hospital, and deaths. Both these have been steadily declining .. even as cases have plateaued. 

truth is, with over 99% of the most vulnerable vaccinated, it is time to end lockdown .. the main risk has been addressed. Against this background, trying to eliminate CV19 altogether or to keep cases low is not justified on social, economic or moral grounds. 

• Like 1

I had my first jab yesterday late morning, and last night I was feeling rough. 'Flu-like symptoms, still not feeling great, but if that's the price of not suffering a severe case of COVID-19, and not being likely to pass it on, then that seems a good trade-off.

I think that I partially agree with @SFO, in that the people most likely to die as a result of infection, or to suffer severe symptoms, have some protection, but I don't think that they've all had their 2nd jab yet which is what takes it to a good level of protection (it's not going to ever be 100%), the question has to be (and I don't know whether such data is available to us general public): Could the ICU/ cope with the increased occupancy from a slightly higher COVID-19 infection rate, and still allow the backlog of other treatments that cannot go ahead without a bed being available?

I wouldn't expect to see foreign hols coming back soon, or not without a strictly enforced quarantine. Nor the removal of the requirements over masks distancing etc.

• Gold FFM

According to the BBC just now the EU has "denied any form of proposal for a vaccine export ban".

FFS - you could not make this up and can no longer believe anything about what they say.  Christ, has everyone now understood why we really left?  With Ursula Lies a Lot at the helm what did we expect?

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Screenshot_20210324-173219.thumb.png.1be2b932714d2020bc49822ebd3e776b.png

Seems like a blockade by another name

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The EU is already seizing doses of vaccine. 29 million seized in Italy - some of which cannot be used by the EU as the source has not yet been approved, others are meant for the EU and worst of all some is for poorer countries countries. What an absolute mess.

https://www.fxempire.com/news/article/astrazeneca-says-29-million-covid-19-doses-in-italy-are-for-eu-poorer-countries-713240

I wonder when the Biotech Exodus from the EU will start.

• Like 1

It's an export ban, it's interference with contracts, it's I messed up my contract so I will just improve my contract terms by throwing my weight around like a bully (couching it as fairness and reciprocity), and I will seize things that don't belong to me because I can ..

Draghi, unelected Italian PM and former ECB Head, is losing all credibility and becoming an unhinged despot 

all cheered on by Ursula Von der Lying 

• Like 1

They are loading up their sawn off, double barrel shotguns which they will eventually use to blow their own feet off.

The unaccountable EU Commission, led by a President who is a career long failure, are now demonstrating to the world why the U.K. wanted out :2guns:

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Come on Boris nows the time to act.

Block exports to the eu right now. All vaccine components that the eu require sourced from Yorkshire should now be funnelled into new uk manufacturing centres. Time for massive expansion and investment in the uk.

we can publicly state that we are working hard on a compromise 👍

On 23/03/2021 at 08:20, Bibs said:

The only country in the world where it’s legal to enter even illegally but illegal to leave......

Only here once

• Gold FFM

@PaulCP - I think this is the evidence that they have just blown their own feet off!

Italy's bid to shame UK backfires as 29 million jabs 'hidden for UK' destined for BELGIUM

CLAIMS AstraZeneca "hid" almost 30 million doses of vaccine in a bottling plant in Italy to send to the UK have been debunked after it was confirmed they were destined for Belgium.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

What would be interesting is how many AZ vaccines the eu are sat on.

Only here once

I had my first dose on Saturday. I also felt pretty rough from about mid-morning Sunday with what I would describe as mild flu like symptoms - tired, groggy and head ache which all lasted about 24 hours. Not bad enough to confine me to bed or anything, and a price worth paying for the protection it offers 👍

• Like 2