free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 155 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

9 hours ago, Colin P said:

The vaccine has a shelf life once removed from ultra low temp storage. The vaccine sites do not all have the ultra low temp storage facilities, therefore they have to use what they have and not hold reserves. Keeping extra doses at this point in the supply chain, even to offset a single missed delivery, would result in wastage. 

@Colin P don't be ridiculous, I've said within the supply chain, it''s you that keeps assuming it has to be at the final point.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Look again at the table I put up please. 24 Jan - 1.5m FIRST doses.  14 March - 1.3m SECOND doses.  Time elapse = 7 weeks and we are at what, 87% of 1st dose levels with another 5 weeks of ramp up for the 12 week promise limit!  Seems pretty much on track at that point to me!!!  I really don't understand why the people of the UK are not heaping praise on this level of performance, but instead, looking for reasons to talk down the achievement!  Christ, it's like being back on the VX220 forum where every owner is talking down the value of their car! :)

azsnip1-1.png

You missed/ignored the single most pertinent word in my statement which is "IF", so your response is completely off the point of my post, IF they have a problem and so cannot keep up with the c12 weeks (I strongly doubt that it's a cliff-effect at 12weeks and looses efficacy at 12w but was fine at 11.8 weeks) then there's a problem, but the government are being driven by getting that count as high as possible for how many have had a single jab.

• Gold FFM

Nope. You missed my points @andydclements which is let's focus on the positive progress being made for mass benefit, rather than trying to undermine these efforts 

We just have a different view on this. Mine is to applaud the Governments efforts to proactively get ahead of this for the benefit of all 

Any supply issues that may occur due to the aggressive actions of the EU to divert from their ineptitude is not down to our Government.

HOwever all of this may be moot given the pictures of the complete fooktards who on day 1 of release from the lockdown thought the best reaction would be to flood the parks in places like Nottingham. Get pissed. And start fighting. I sometimes do wonder why the Government bothers to try to protect us.

COvid has evidenced just how self obsessed, entitled and selfish many people in this country are 

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, andydclements said:

@Colin P don't be ridiculous, I've said within the supply chain, it''s you that keeps assuming it has to be at the final point.

Andy. The original comment was about one person whose vaccine centre ran out and where you cannot have slack in the supply chain at this point without wastage. Hence you are the one that is missing the point.

Your replies have been abrupt and borderline rude. I shan’t respond to you again, frankly there are respectful people to converse with. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

15 hours ago, C8RKH said:

what does this have to do with the Government?

The government is responsible for the procurement and distribution of the vaccines. Using the data provided by the local health authorities on the number of 1st and 2nd vaccine doses administered the government knows how much is required and where to supply it.

You say they had called her to reschedule but she didn't recall it as she has Alzheimer's. So is that the Governments fault too?

I never said it was and whilst I am naturally annoyed by it my main gripe is that they have run out. And, yes, the vaccination centre are aware of my mothers condition and have been since the before her 1st dose.

So we have one good case, one bad case!

No, we have many more than one 'bad case'. Read what I said about being informed many people were being turned away due to the lack of the Pfizer vaccine. Someone also told me today that one of their relatives has had their original appointment cancelled because of this.

It still sounds like a local issue rather than a national one. My parents have their second jab appointment booked for Friday which is within the 12 week window. The local GP practice called them a couple of days ago to book it.

So far I have nothing but praise for our local GP vaccination centre (and the national effort), who have been incredibly well organised and efficient in getting it done. I’ll report back if their appointment is cancelled.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, sailorbob said:

The government is responsible for the procurement and distribution of the vaccines. Using the data provided by the local health authorities on the number of 1st and 2nd vaccine doses administered the government knows how much is required and where to supply it.

Actually they are not. They hand it to an executive agency to administer. Splitting hairs maybe but the government has made the funds available for the procurement of over 400m doses of vaccine for 65m people. Do the maths. They did their bit. The executive agencies were responsible for taking that and procuring the vaccines and then distributing them. The GP surgery's were largely responsible for scheduling the jabs, not the Government.

You might think it is splitting hairs, but I think it is important to hold the right people to account, not the convenient easy target.

3 hours ago, Colin P said:

Your replies have been abrupt and borderline rude. I shan’t respond to you again, frankly there are respectful people to converse with. 

That'll be me then, oh no wait, that's another Andy. Phew!!!  :whistle::rofl:

Just having a cup of tea and a chocolate digestive. Bastard government couldn't be arsed to do that for me when they arranged for my jab. What a shower eh.....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, sailorbob said:

I never said it was and whilst I am naturally annoyed by it my main gripe is that they have run out.

Are you sure of the facts there?  This would suggest otherwise as the number of 2nd doses are ramping up considerably. Maybe as @Neal H has pointed out it is a local issue only. In that case, not down to the Government but the local centres/GPs.

image.png.b8219ac156ff8e8794f716aa8c9a1563.png

I doubt many people will distinguish between the government and an executive agency, especially as their staff are still civil servants. You will note I never said they have run out nationally. You seem determined to pick an argument and I guess the sarcasm in your various posts sums up your attitude to reasoned debate so I'm done with this thread.

• Gold FFM

Humbly it is YOU who seems intent on a broad brush "blame the government" agenda. You have presented hearsay and limited, local, experience as fact of failings on a broader national scale. I have tried to add fact based evidence with substantiated sources, as opposed to opinion, to fuel an intelligent debate.  I hardly think it is my actions that are picking an argument, but would humbly suggest your tone was the passive/aggressive source of the argument in the first place that back fired on you.

As to my sarcasm, that isn't part of the debate, more me taking the piss at others, and of myself, as I'm only human. 

I often find that when people who spout "hearsay" get "facts" thrown at them they quickly retort with a comment about the standard of debate. You see it on the telly all the time on programmes like question time, Andrew Neil etc and it is usually when politicians are trying to hide.

• Like 1

There appears to be a shortage according to this article https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/immunology-and-vaccines/nhs-england-set-to-stand-down-multiple-mass-vaccination-centres-in-april/

I guess whether you consider this to be a shortage depends on your point of view; have the manufacturers delivered in accordance with their agreements or has the vaccination programme been too ambitious in the the numbers expected to be vaccinated by a certain date?

• Gold FFM

Imagine the shortage we would have had we still been an eu member state and handcuffed by the mighty commission 

• Like 1

Only here once

Behind the FT paywall :(

However search for the title "EU warns ‘zero’ jabs shipped to UK until AstraZeneca meets bloc’s targets" gets you the link, which when clicked has exactly the same URL as Barry's link above which is readable - not sure how that works

• Confused 1

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

https://amp.ft.com/content/28158bed-5f07-4504-9a00-2f3d8f7519df

if true I do hope this does irreparable damage to the eu 

We do need to remember that his is, again, a single politician spouting his mouth off. Imagine the position we'd be in if the EU determined strategy on what came out of Nigel Farage.

But, if this is true, then surely the appropriate response should be:

- Unlike any other country/company the UK/AZ funded this vaccine and has made it available worldwide at cost

- The payback of this is that those who funded it get priority and this is contracted

- Unlike the EU we do not want to risk/hinder the worldwide fight against this disease

- Therefore until such a position is rescinded we shall transfer 100% of capacity at these plants to export to COVAX nations. We shall also rescind any and all permissions for third party manufacture that is to be exported to the EU

- We will not allow the EU to benefit from these immoral and prejudicial tactics

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Colin P said:

We do need to remember that his is, again, a single politician spouting his mouth off. Imagine the position we'd be in if the EU determined strategy on what came out of Nigel Farage.

But he is the EU's Internal Market Commissioner, and a member of Von der Lying's cabinet. Accordingly, he represents the European Commission. Note that he is French, and no doubt a close mate of President Moron, who put him there. His words overflow with envy and jealousy.

Surprisingly, we haven't heard much from Von der Lying recently.

3EE8190E-128E-46E6-8B4A-A6B86B530CC8.jpeg

23 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Imagine the shortage we would have had we still been an eu member state and handcuffed by the mighty commission 

We probably would not have participated in the EU vaccine scheme - it wasn't compulsory, even though all 27 states went along with it - even if we were still a member state. 

Ironically, if we were still a member state and we went our own way on vaccines, we would be in a better position as Von der Lying's export bans etc would not work against us.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, SFO said:

But he is the EU's Internal Market Commissioner, and a member of Von der Lying's cabinet. Accordingly, he represents the European Commission. Note that he is French, and no doubt a close mate of President Moron, who put him there. His words overflow with envy and jealousy.

Agreed, but how much is official, how much is posturing etc? The point I was making was simply that I'd take it with at least a little pinch of salt, until it becomes official policy. 

20 minutes ago, SFO said:

We probably would not have participated in the EU vaccine scheme - it wasn't compulsory, even though all 27 states went along with it - even if we were still a member state. 

I may well be wrong here, but is there not a prohibition from negotiating with the companies that the EU are negotiating with?

Pretty sure that were we still an EU member then, regardless, they'd be putting an even greater claim on the AZ vaccines, as being an EU vaccine, not a British one, not least quoting free trade and demanding supplies from the British production facilities as well.

This is just the same as during the Brexit negotiations, too many EU politicians (generally French) with loose mouths who believe that they need to jump in to try to cause mischief. 
The loose talk does seem to have become worse since von der Lying took over though, just shows she has no control and is being undermined all of the time by those she should be managing.

@Colin Pis correct, until it is announced as official policy there’s no point getting excited about it. 

Just had a text to book my second jab, so it looks like the problems I mentioned earlier about my GP's surgery software being suspect has been rectified. And it will be the AstraZenica variant, so they must be fairly confident of the supply chain. The venue has now moved from a small church hall, to a huge SAGA call-centre building with a much higher capacity.

The EU's performance in all of this is a disgrace, and it looks as though in M. Breton, they're busy cultivating their very own model of our Nigel. 

Margate Exotics.

4 hours ago, Colin P said:

I may well be wrong here, but is there not a prohibition from negotiating with the companies that the EU are negotiating with?

Pretty sure that were we still an EU member then, regardless, they'd be putting an even greater claim on the AZ vaccines, as being an EU vaccine, not a British one, not least quoting free trade and demanding supplies from the British production facilities as well.

Yes, if a member state joins the scheme, it must not negotiate separately. But joining the scheme was not compulsory. It's just that all 27 fell into line, because the British voice of reason and the bloody minded British weren't there to set them straight and provide the waverers with some backbone.

if we were still a member state, Ursula might or might not behave better but Von der Lying cannot enforce any export ban (at the EU level) against the UK, as the Article of the Treaty from which legal authority for an export ban is derived, is for exports out of the EU, not within the EU. 

Of course, each member state can still impose its own export bans to other member states, as evidenced by the PPE crisis last year. Luckily, since no vaccines are made in France, President Moron would have had no vaccine exports to ban.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulCP said:

This is just the same as during the Brexit negotiations, too many EU politicians (generally French) with loose mouths who believe that they need to jump in to try to cause mischief. 
The loose talk does seem to have become worse since von der Lying took over though, just shows she has no control and is being undermined all of the time by those she should be managing.

@Colin Pis correct, until it is announced as official policy there’s no point getting excited about it. 

Agree that he is not announcing or stating EU policy. But this particular French politician holds office as a Commissioner in European Commission, with more sway and power than a loudmouth French politician.

@SFO it’s not the first time this particular person has shouted from his soap box though. He is responsible for delivering the EU vaccine rollout so is probably becoming frustrated about him too failing to deliver!

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-commission-thierry-breton-aims-to-reset-eu-vaccine-narrative-coronavirus/

If the EU do place a ban on exports of the Pfizer vaccine to the U.K. then we retaliate by blocking export of a particular ingredient going to the EU for use in the Pfizer production process, although by doing so the U.K. is dragging itself down to the same level as the lowlifes that are the EU Commission. This is what Pfizer are scared of

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/yorkshire-chemicals-firm-could-hold-20219927

• Like 1