free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 155 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

We are having good figures not only because of the vaccine but also because of the lockdown restrictions. We do have a planned route out of lockdown and not everyone is vaccinated yet.

This is a pandemic and not just an epidemic, the fly in the ointment is variants of the virus. Very few countries have been as good as us at vaccinating. The vaccines may not work for some of the variants and, heaven forbid, we may find ourselves back at square one (but with a better understanding of the situation).

Not all lockdown rules should be rescinded.

Most experts are of the opinion that the coronavirus will be with us for a long time to come.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm sure I read this morning that just 32 people have been hospitalised having had a single dose of vaccine :thumbup:

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Which is excellent. the issue is that the Brazillian strain and now possibly the Indian strain are mutating to a point where the efficacy of the vaccine is reducing. Just pray that the vaccine can be modified before these change to a point that the vaccines can no longer keep the virus in a downward trajectory.

(or we could close our borders like NZ/Aus)

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I'm sure I read this morning that just 32 people have been hospitalised having had a single dose of vaccine :thumbup:

Which is fantastic, however, too premature to say it’s a success. My eldest has tested positive twice now and was hospitalised Sunday night due to heart rate / pain issues. She has also had her first jab and even had antibodies when tested in December after her first bout. 

• Sad 6

Only here once

@Barrykearley Sorry to hear that, hope it's short-term and she's soon FULLY recovered.  There are some on social media who'd then try and use that as "proof the vaccines don't work" not taking account of the fact that they're not stated to be 100% effective, they just didn't find any such cases in the (much smaller scale than the UK roll-out) trials

• Thanks 1

Total of all deaths in the past 5 weeks have been lower than the same period of the rolling 5 year average 

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

32 out of more than 74000 CV19 hospitalisations .. seems pretty damn amazing to me.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, andydclements said:

@Barrykearley Sorry to hear that, hope it's short-term and she's soon FULLY recovered. 

Thanks chap - she had long Covid issues in December - just the same after her October case. It’s the same again - sure it will be just fine.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Which is fantastic, however, too premature to say it’s a success. My eldest has tested positive twice now and was hospitalised Sunday night due to heart rate / pain issues. She has also had her first jab and even had antibodies when tested in December after her first bout. 

Hope she makes a speedy recovery Barry

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Yes - without question the government should use the criminal legislation it’s put into effect to criminalise people for going about their normal daily lives. Hilter would never have allowed it to happen.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Only here once

We have just had something occur this weekend in Australia that defies all logic and seems to contradictory as well.

The Anzac Day dawn service and the march. And the AFL football.

The dawn service around the Shrine was fenced as apparently contact tracing would have been extremely difficult with the 4,000 people that were allowed, according to the government and the fencing etc was to assist with social distancing. I don't know how a fence does that, but what do I know.

The AFL football. The restrictions were lifted on the crowd number and 80,000 attended the Collingwood v Essendon game. Apparently that is ok. There was zero social distancing. Imagine the exposure explosion that would occur from a football ground.

Like the football, but what the government just did here was baffling and that politicians get on tv to justify this bizarre set of standards is ridiculous.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...

Two ship crew from India arriving in Torbay test positive.   How did we allow these in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-56998273

and Covid: Indian delegates in UK for G7 talks self-isolate after Covid cases. 

• Sad 1

Can someone please cut the strings away from this jumped up little puppet with a convenient memory or, if he’s a glove puppet, take their arm down from up his @rse.

When is he going to explain to the rest of the EU why his promised French vaccine for the EU never materialise?

I’m sure it’s just a mild Vindaflu 🙄

• Haha 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

But the symptoms include a dodgy Tikka

• Haha 2

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

This whole thing is a real bugger. The clock course that I want to do through the British Horological Institute requires me to go to the UK for some exams. We are not allowed to even fly internationally. I asked the travel agent that we use and she said don't really plan anything until mid 2022. Sigh..................

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

@ramjet I heard yesterday from one of our relatives in Oz that the border isn’t likely to open until after Spring 2022, which completely thwarts our plans for an 8 week visit in Jan/Feb next year.

Looks like late 2022 or early 2023 now for us 😠

And yet our News the other night was talking about people that have left and returned to Australia more than twice in 2020. Exemptions due to business travel required. I presume they still have to spend two weeks isolating in a hotel at their own expense when they return, but I would say they could still do the same thing via a video call.