free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 156 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

21 minutes ago, Colin P said:

So instead, simply go for AZ and then they can try and spin this as merely taking action on a company that is failing to meet its contractual obligations to the EU

Using “Best reasonable efforts” does not equate to a contractual obligation though 

Only a fool would sign a supply contract with such a clause. I’m no lawyer but I’ve been involved in enough contracts to recognise the difference. One person’s interpretation will differ from another’s 

The only way out of this is for the full contract to be disclosed to the world.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now there is a brilliant idea. I have been having some texts with a member on here who has lost someone last week to this. My bet is Chris Whitty is probably more qualified than anyone to tell

This sign should me made mandatory in all public spaces!! 

Daisy did her first 4 hr vaccination shift today. 3 hrs prep and paperwork - 1 hour jabbing. 20 folks done. She goes again Sunday  one very proud Dad today

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Using “Best reasonable efforts” does not equate to a contractual obligation though 

I get this,  but the EU refuse to acknowledge it and even if they did don’t accept the U.K. contract as taking precedence so will still suggest that whatever is produced gets shared. I was calling what I think the EU position will be, so didn’t mention it as they won’t. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

You gotta laugh at the Germans. First their boffins decide that the AZ vaccine is only safe for administering to under 65s, then they have a 3 day pause for a review and declare it safe for all and now they say it’s only safe for over 60s. All the time moaning that they’re not getting enough AZ vaccines and about half their population don’t want it now anyway.

Oh and their football team lost a World Cup qualifier at home to North Macedonia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gold FFM

What really makes me wonder is why the pressure isn’t on Pfizer to deliver significant doses into the EU. Maybe it’s because it’s significantly more expensive 🤔

Only here once

Another example of the EU’s incompetent approach to vaccine planning!

The attachment below, from a report from the Telegraph, may not come out very clear but if true, which it appears to be given an EU official has confirmed the contents,  the U.K. should consider its options re this plant should the EU prevent any of its production coming to the U.K.

C6630B3E-E229-4E87-9A9D-007404CFFEFA.thumb.png.71493f5cc9cadc7c3aaabc76b9499dd2.png

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

What really makes me wonder is why the pressure isn’t on Pfizer to deliver significant doses into the EU. Maybe it’s because it’s significantly more expensive 🤔

It's because Pfizer is delivering the quantities ordered by EU on time. 

2 hours ago, PaulCP said:

C6630B3E-E229-4E87-9A9D-007404CFFEFA.thumb.png.71493f5cc9cadc7c3aaabc76b9499dd2.png

"We have checked for any EU funding possibly given to Halix under EU financial instruments but could not identify any support. This does not prejudge any national funding given by member states."

we never contributed anything but we want the benefits anyway .. this is known as daylight robbery

• Gold FFM
54 minutes ago, SFO said:

It's because Pfizer is delivering the quantities ordered by EU on time. 

Maybe adding a number to that would contextualise it.

The EU are behaving in a vile manner and blaming a company for their utter failure to act in a timely manner to protect citizens. 

I can’t even be bothered to look up the EU Pfizer order / delivery numbers - it’s so bloody obvious what the EU clowns are playing at.

Only here once

Have the EU offered to do anything to help AstraZeneca to meet demand or have they just bullied them?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

The EU have raided AZ premises in Italy and Belgium looking for vaccines bound for the UK, only to find vaccines bound for the EU ...

Pfizer in Belgium has already complained that the EU vaccine export authorisation process is causing delays. 

so, no, EU is not helping. It is getting in the way, and trying to blame AZ for the European Commission's own incompetence. 

Haven’t read past the first 4 pages since it is clearly a long winded biased anti CSC paper

Regarding the debate on CSCs for pubs then the easy solution is just leave it to the landlord since he/she can refuse access to the premises or to serve anyone they so desire. Let the people then decide which pubs they want to visit

Shame the authors of that long-winded report didn’t channel their energy into preventing transmission. They’re probably the same ones who organise mass protests and riots. And by that logic, they’re the same ones who clearly don’t give a shit about anyone in the country who might be vulnerable.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Regarding the debate on CSCs for pubs then the easy solution is just leave it to the landlord since he/she can refuse access to the premises or to serve anyone they so desire. Let the people then decide which pubs they want to visit

813F460F-56FA-4582-9090-1A931362E7FB.jpeg.3a3738013400aa0de61df9855b2747d3.jpeg

10 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Interesting read here

While some of that is indeed extreme - so are the government’s opposite proposals. It’s always important to recognise that when governments sneak new powers they very rarely give them up afterwards.

What do some folks think we should do ? Hide in fear of a virus which kills a tiny percentage while loosing all quality of normal human function and interaction ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Only here once

From a public health point of view, I don’t see any point in making pub passports optional, I.e. at the landlord’s discretion. There are always going to be plenty of alternative pubs to go to if you don’t have a pub passport. In fact this would encourage non vaccinated individuals to gather together in more concentrated numbers, so be utterly counterproductive.

We should either have them for all licensed premises or not at all.

• Gold FFM

@Barrykearley

D47F5858-75ED-4494-8A68-A8394ABACED3.jpeg2 friends of mine independently. 

• Haha 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

The country is easing restrictions, I've had to isolate fully for a few days prior to going for a little procedure. Weirdly it's not really been that different for me as it's just don't go anywhere/ meet anybody etc.

Wife and I had our 2nd jabs this morning 2 weeks  earlier than originally booked. 

But you can tell that some sort of change to the regulations has happened today, there is much more traffic and loads of motorhomes/caravans/ cars with roof boxes and bikes etc. We even had it stationary  on the A30 west of Exeter, - not helped by a jack knifed lorry.

It’s 5C and blowing a north-easterly here so if there’s anyone stood outside a pub, it’ll be the diehard twats.

Cases will rise, it’s got to happen with more intermingling.

Margate Exotics.

Queues out the front of some stores from 7:30 am......totally bonkers, are they runnibg out of stock - no.... just some people have nothing better to do.???  Like sitting at home on the keyboard

• Haha 1

I struggle to believe that these people were so desperate to get into shops.  'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/people-queuing-in-norwich-to-shop-at-primark-7889560

• Love 1
  • Sad 1