free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 205 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

According to the ONS, we had about 4.9 million active cases in the UK last week. About 1 in 13 of us. Due to the decline in testing, you can no longer read much into the daily totals reported by the Government. The real numbers of new cases are significantly higher than that. Also worth noting the consistently low numbers of vaccinations.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Over an hour wait due to the queue at my local vaccination spot today...

20220402_115610.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Had my 4th a month ago. Caught coronavirus last week for the first time and have been quite  ill.

• Sad 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Alice and myself had our clot shots yesterday. She had her second - mine was my third. 

local drop in centre in Worcester. No queues whatsoever - in and out in 5 minutes. All so we can both book a holiday very shortly. I swore I’d not have another jab.

this morning - my arm is dead - and I’ve already cleaned up puke from Alice missing the toilet this morning. Think we are in for a rough day.

Daisy gave over 100 jabs on her last shift - she is definitely seeing a pick up in take up. Last Friday she even had one person have a full on seizure just after vaccination - but this is a person with history of such things and completely unrelated to the covid jab itself - before anyone moans 🤪

• Like 1

Only here once

After my Father in Law had an episode and suspected Stroke on Saturday he sat in an ambulance for 7 hours as there were no beds. 

After a stroke, when you are meant to be seen within the "Golden Hour".

As you may know a family member is an A&E Consultant. She says its all down to COVID. Virtually half of the people she is seeing right now have COVID. 

Govt won't be telling you this though, might make them look bad or something! Oh and her and her Partner have both just had it for their second time in 3 months. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Covid: Nine new symptoms added to official list - BBC News

1. shortness of breath
  2. feeling tired or exhausted
  3. aching body
  4. headache
  5. sore throat
  6. blocked or runny nose
  7. loss of appetite
  8. diarrhoea
  9. feeling sick or being sick

Everything but number 7. I ate shit loads of crap. Body craved Chocolate and cakes and stuff. Mainly because savoury I couldn't really taste i knew it was savory or hot but it it didn't have any flavour. Could taste sweet though, which is really weird.

Oh and I was inordinately horny for some reason! Like really really unusually so. Not that you wanted to know.

• Haha 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
16 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Oh and I was inordinately horny for some reason! Like really really unusually so. Not that you wanted to know.

That would explain why the sheep in Wales have become so scatty in recent months.

• Haha 1

Only here once

On 02/04/2022 at 17:45, Bibs said:

Over an hour wait due to the queue at my local vaccination spot today...

20220402_115610.jpg

Pretty sure you've got it mixed up with the one of the queue for pensions.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

On 02/04/2022 at 09:35, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

According to the ONS, we had about 4.9 million active cases in the UK last week. About 1 in 13 of us. Due to the decline in testing, you can no longer read much into the daily totals reported by the Government. The real numbers of new cases are significantly higher than that. Also worth noting the consistently low numbers of vaccinations.

ONS data comes from random sampling and so is more accurate, but takes longer to be collected. As you say daily figures are pretty meaningless now.

NHS under huge strain as A&Es turn away ambulances

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61023908

Hospitals are under "enormous strain", with growing numbers so busy they are having to divert ambulances to other sites because they are unable to cope.

Over the past week, 20 NHS Accident and Emergency departments in England issued diverts, with patients taken elsewhere.............

A new vaccine gets UK approval, have not heard the name before.

Valneva Covid vaccine approved for use in UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61104594

• 2 months later...

Well I felt crook on Sunday. RAT test and all ok. Didn't go to work on Monday or Tuesday and just felt like a flu and muscles were aching. You know how it is. Anyway, work Wednesday and Thursday. Daughter, our live in nurse, said that because mum has a stuffy head now, let's all have a test.

Well there's no stopping that bucket from leaking. All of us are bloody positive now.

Don't know which strain and don't give a fat rats arse. Just know I didn't need it. We're all fully vaccinated so if it is just a stuffy head, 'spose I should be happy. <insert dancing Snoopy icon here> 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Hope you get well soon @ramjet

I had it recently a few months ago (confirmed by PCR test) and symptoms where much much milder than when I had it in March 2020.   This time round I just a had a slight temperature, cough and generally felling a bit crap.  I kept isolated in my home but otherwise I carried on with life as normal, just moaning a bit more than usual.

Don't know the milder symptoms are down to natural antibodies from when I first had it, the 3 doses of vaccinations I've had since or if the virus has changed to create milder symptoms.   Either way anecdotally I'm hearing people tend to get mild symptoms and getting over it after a few days.  So fingers crossed the stories of long and intensive treatments to keep people going are become rarer and rarer ... 

• Gold FFM

Broke my cherry and brought it back from Le Mans with me. 10 of us went. 4 of us brought back the unwanted present. Good job we didn’t call in on you now.@Bibs

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I’m back at work now and have to admit I felt worse before I tested positive. Was ok after the test for the next week. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

This strain does seem to be a little more uncomfortable that the first omichron one, how are you feeling @mayevora?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ive tested negative today, but had it last week whilst on holiday. Wife and son now both positive, daughter somehow escaped as we spent a lot of the week in the car around Cornwall (I was pretty much symptom free for most of it so didn’t know I had it). 
Fortunately pretty mild for all of us. Son is worst and he’s had it before. 

wife’s work telling her to come in whilst positive (retail) and daughter surprisingly being asked to come in to her weekend job despite the household being infected (nursing home!). 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

This strain does seem to be a little more uncomfortable that the first omichron one, how are you feeling @mayevora?

Only 3 days of feeling really bad then virtually back to normal. Even though tested negative on Tuesday still feel knackered. No energy and keep falling asleep. 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hopefully the worse is behind you Ian.  Dont like the sound of some of the longer term hits to life force that several are reporting.  Best of luck mate.

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

On 15/07/2022 at 17:24, mayevora said:

Broke my cherry and brought it back from Le Mans with me. 10 of us went. 4 of us brought back the unwanted present. Good job we didn’t call in on you now.@Bibs

I hope you're speaking of the 'rona and not one of the scourges of shore leave! After 2 years of dodging and boosting, it finally caught me about 6 weeks ago. Apparently what happened in Vegas didn't stay in Vegas. Had a bit of a Paxlovid rebound and then took 2-3 weeks to shake off the nagging bits. Seems all good now and should be up to my eyeballs in antibodies. Seems like this strain is catching up with just about everybody in my sphere, previous infections, shots or not, but thankfully mild in general. Best of luck to all affected! 😰

• Like 1

I can guarantee that my daughter who reacted quite severely to the vaccinations (ended up having to go to hospital each time) would have been in a lot of trouble had she not had the vaccinations if they indeed temper the symptoms.

Alicia was not good with the vaccinations. Unvaccinated? Who knows, but it would not have been pretty. It appears that Omicron is getting a lot of people here. I don't know what the status of the delta strain is worldwide.

@gregs24? Any idea?

Delta has largely vanished.

The original vaccine still provides good protection against serious disease when boosted within 6 months or so. After that it provides some help but not via antibodies. 

Omicron BA4/BA5 seems to be poorly immunogenic giving short lived immunity post infection of as little as 3 months. 

Immunity from vaccine plus natural exposure is best, with vaccine alone less good and natural infection very variable from individual to individual. 

Some individuals seem more susceptible to COVID, maybe because of genetics or intercurrent conditions. Some people keep getting it clinically, some never seem to get clinical disease.

Interestingly my wife who reacted badly to the AZ vaccine also had severe symptoms with delta in October and was fairly ill recently with Omicron

I know of a possible case of alopecia post vaccination with the Astrazeneca vaccine in a mother and daughter, highly suggesting a genetic reason for the very rare side effect!