free hit
counters
Coronavirus - Page 55 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

Yes, these days it is never their fault, always someone elses. I agree with you Jacques. Part of the problem I think is that in the West by and large we have a great life, even those on very small incomes as they get free health care, running water to the tap etc etc.  Can't imagine how people in other parts of the world survive, let alone be happy etc, but they do and they are! We don't know how lucky we are...

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've just home made some mozzarella and the dough for my pizza base is just proving! Standard Saturday around these parts! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
16 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I've just home made some mozzarella and the dough for my pizza base is just proving! Standard Saturday around these parts! 

Home made fish and chips with mushy peas (not easy to get in Scotland from a chippy, not proper mushy peas anyway!) for tea. Standard Saturday for me!

This lockdown is really good, just working in the garden - even went in a part of the garden for the first time in over 2.5 years today! Going to venture to another part tomorrow and that will be the first time, the wife reckons, in almost 5 years lol....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Home made mozzarella? Didn’t know there were any buffalos in Ryarsh. You live and learn.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, tim_marra said:

I'm not condoning his actions, but we have no idea of his situation, what's going on in his head etc, so yes he needs to be treated. I'm sure they will be asking pertinent questions as to why he is there etc.

on reflection perhaps a bit cold.. but through someones stupidity just like this has effected me personally..   some people are just born different.. take that person who just bit the policeman arm thats all over the news, or the people spitting on the vegetables or licking food and putting it back on shelves in supermarkets..  these people cannot be reasoned with, there just bad eggs..  there is no making these people act normal .by putting an arm round them.. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, andyj007 said:

on reflection perhaps a bit cold.. but through someones stupidity just like this has effected me personally..   some people are just born different.. take that person who just bit the policeman arm thats all over the news, or the people spitting on the vegetables or licking food and putting it back on shelves in supermarkets..  these people cannot be reasoned with, there just bad eggs..  there is no making these people act normal .by putting an arm round them.. 

Bring back Judge Dredd................... :2guns:

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

8 hours ago, Bibs said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-19-recovery-survivors-immunity-2020-4

372,000 people have come out the other side having had COVID-19 :thumbsup:

and that ignores the 100% of survivors who've had it already and never knew (never had symptoms or were carriers) and weren't tested.

If they'd died, no doubt it would have been from Covid-19 so they'd be included in the death toll.

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Home made fish and chips with mushy peas (not easy to get in Scotland from a chippy, not proper mushy peas anyway!) for tea. Standard Saturday for me!

This lockdown is really good, just working in the garden - even went in a part of the garden for the first time in over 2.5 years today! Going to venture to another part tomorrow and that will be the first time, the wife reckons, in almost 5 years lol....

Would that possibly be the corner of the garden where the trashcan is placed? ;) 🚮

Oh, and please stop all this talk about and pics of food. Now, I must go in the kitchen again, and get some supplies for the next hour here at the desk, in front of the keyboard... 🍇🥞🥨 I'm getting fat at 78 Kilogram, and have to exercise a lot more, to help keeping the Esprit's total weight down...

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

I did some shopping at the Asda today on my own. Me and the mrs normally do everything together including the shopping but she wasn't feeling too good, I think it may be pollen related.

My question is, now that I have come back home should I be socially distancing from her? We only have a double bed and that is not even 2 metres wide. Do we have to split the house up like Steptoe and son?

20 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

My question is, now that I have come back home should I be socially distancing from her?

None of the advice has suggested this unless either of you are showing symptoms. Suggest you have a read of this...

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It's a rule supermarkets have imposed I guess to maximise shoppers in store as they are limiting numbers in many places. As you say, it doesn't really make any sense in reality. 

• Like 1

Evora NA

2 hours ago, Mysterae said:

@Jacques For you, a video from one of my favourite youtubers: 

Ha ha! Great. Well, I am actually not bored. I am looking into castor on the Esprit. But, since I still miss some parts, well, from that pointof view, I am slightly bored. Fortunately i can just pop down in the garage and take the Laverda out for a spin. But since I already did that, I am looking into lot's of videos of how to actuallymeadure castor on the Esprit (or other cars)...

Sigh...

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Jacques said:

Would that possibly be the corner of the garden where the trashcan is placed? ;) 🚮

Nope, not at all. We recycle most of our waste (I have 4 very large homemade composting heaps for garden refuge, organic waste and even paper and cardboard - shredded and mixed with organic waste it turns out a great mulch) and stuff that we cannot recycle ourselves goes into the recycling bin.

These are parts of the garden that I leave intentionally wild to encourage insects, which in turn encourages larger life forms like hedgehogs, birds, etc to thrive.  So I pile tree stumps, 4ft logs etc and let them rot down and nature take over. However, it still needs to be "managed" and I hadn't done it for a while so chopped down a few unwanted trees and split the trunks into logs to replenish etc.

Despite what some may think, I do actually love nature. It's just BEV's that I don't like and the largely self confessed "eco warriors" who drive more as a status symbol than anything else.

Anyways, all good self isolating things to do in these mad Covid times.

8 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

We do follow government guidelines and as far as I am aware there are no rules to say you can't go shopping with your wife.

The rule is, as I understand it, that social distancing rules are to apply at all times, but outside, gatherings of up to TWO people are ALLOWED as long as they "live in the same household". Pretty sensible really as otherwise, as you have correctly pointed out @mg4lotus it makes life pretty unrealistic for a couple to live at home, whilst at the same time, it stops the dense, stoopid fookers who still think at this time it is a great idea to go shopping (2 adults and numerous kids) as a FAMILY.  I have never understood people who, even in normal times, think that going out as a couple and dragging a couple of kids around a supermarket is a "fun thing to do" at the weekend.

7 hours ago, Bibs said:

It's a rule supermarkets have imposed I guess to maximise shoppers in store as they are limiting numbers in many places

Not all supermarkets are enforcing this - many will allow a "couple" - 2 adults, 1 adult 1 child, etc as otherwise single parents, single carers etc would not be able to go round the supermarket.

20 hours ago, Painterdave said:

Nextdoor invited the whole family from all over the place to come round for a nice Easter party and Easter egg hunt in the garden not HAPPY 😡🤬

Did you call the police? Just curious to know how it all panned out.

It’s their sort of behaviour which is now sending us all down the Italian path.