free hit
counters
Spark plugs - NA v S - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I know the spark plugs for the S can be bought way cheaper than from Lotus.  

But I understand the plugs in the NA are different;  has anyone found a cheaper way to buy them than from Lotus, and if so, where from?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May be get 6 in stock for when my 2018 car needs them in 3 to 4 years time...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hasn't the lotus price for Evora S/400 etc spark plugs come down a lot, just looked for A132E6503F  on B&C and SJ and they seem to be just over £6 each. The same part seems to be used on all the s/c evoras. Just over a year ago I paid over £40 each.  Unless I am looking up the wrong part number, this is not the part number for the NA.

Thanks Bibs, I really should have used the search 🤪

Just now, exeterjeep said:

Hasn't the lotus price for Evora S/400 etc spark plugs come down a lot, just looked for A132E6503F  on B&C and SJ and they seem to be just over £6 each. The same part seems to be used on all the s/c evoras. Just over a year ago I paid over £40 each.  Unless I am looking up the wrong part number, this is not the part number for the NA.

That's correct it seems - I looked on Deroure yesterday.   WAY cheaper than those for the NA.

2 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

Thanks Bibs, I really should have used the search 🤪

That's correct it seems - I looked on Deroure yesterday.   WAY cheaper than those for the NA.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Ordered 6 lotus from dealer - total cost £ 41.50 inc p&p

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Ordered 6 lotus from dealer - total cost £ 41.50 inc p&p

That’s for the S / 400 though, yes?

9 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

That’s for the S / 400 though, yes?

Yes, also checked with PJS that they are the ones for 410 and my 430.

Don't need them for a couple of years, bought incase Lotus put the price up to closer to what they were.

On 15/01/2021 at 12:16, Daveb99 said:

Cheers - wonder if they are for the S only though?

I've emailed them to ask.

On 15/01/2021 at 14:19, exeterjeep said:

Yes, also checked with PJS that they are the ones for 410 and my 430.

Don't need them for a couple of years, bought incase Lotus put the price up to closer to what they were.

The 6 plugs arrived yesterday, there are not individually boxed came on a foam tray

On 22/01/2021 at 11:28, EGTE said:

I've emailed them to ask.

They say these plugs are good for any model, which is great news.

1 hour ago, EGTE said:

They say these plugs are good for any model, which is great news.

They are wrong then. The NA & FE engines use different types of plugs. 

52 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

They are wrong then. The NA & FE engines use different types of plugs. 

Bugger.

I'll ask again 🙂

Monkeywrench reply:

"The OEM plugs are different heat ranges.

Maybe you could tell me what kind of car and modifications you have, and I could recommend the right solution?"

Anyone shed light on this? I have absolutely no clue what the differences are and would also like to know if these are good for my NA.

NA Spark plugs (note the part number: A132E6281S): https://deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=0&MDL=0&TBL=0&SMA=1&SMO=20&ST=spark plug&SC=0&PBID=1089041

S Spark plugs (note the part number: A132E6503F): https://deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=0&MDL=0&TBL=0&SMA=1&SMO=20&ST=spark plug&SC=0&PBID=1089042

Incidentally, aren't Monkeywrench based in the US? Why are you buying your spark plugs from there??!?

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

NA Spark plugs (note the part number: A132E6281S): https://deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=0&MDL=0&TBL=0&SMA=1&SMO=20&ST=spark plug&SC=0&PBID=1089041

S Spark plugs (note the part number: A132E6503F): https://deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=0&MDL=0&TBL=0&SMA=1&SMO=20&ST=spark plug&SC=0&PBID=1089042

Incidentally, aren't Monkeywrench based in the US? Why are you buying your spark plugs from there??!?

Thanks, yes I’m aware that the plugs for the NA are £36 each (!) from Lotus, unlike the bargain price for the S versions.

My original question still stands - has anyone found them any cheaper anywhere (UK) ? 

2 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Thanks, yes I’m aware that the plugs for the NA are £36 each (!) from Lotus, unlike the bargain price for the S versions.

I was responding to EGTE. 

44 minutes ago, RHDV8 said:

Another well known forum says:

Denso FK20HR11 (NA)
Toyota 90919-01247 (NA)

If that helps.

Fantastic.  £75 for all 6 plugs.   That’s more like it - £141 cheaper than from Lotus.  Thank you 😉

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-LEXUS-GS460-SPARK-PLUGS-FK20HR11-2008-TO-2015-DENSO-IRIDIUM-90919-01247-/383895566931?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292