free hit
counters
First Lotus - Evora 410 Sport - Page 2 - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

First Lotus - Evora 410 Sport

JimUK

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Well it was worth the money IMO!

As there are so few of them I’d love to try and get a list of all the cars and their colour combos etc. Sad I know 😂

I only realised there are two variations of the yellow inside after I got mine. Mines yellow stitch but dark grey on gear stick area and door handles.

Love both variations. All personal preference I know.

I agree on the carbon seats, still loving them myself. And they look so cool on the side with the exposed carbon 🤤🤤

Could you let me know the model/spec of the head unit you’ve got, was that one of the aftermarket upgrades or because yours was a 2019 car did you get it from factory like that? Mine doesn’t have car play but it does have Bluetooth so that’s fine for me at the moment. To be honest I just leave the valve open and love to hear the engine. My other car is a Range Rover so when I take the Evora out I want to get fully into the Lotus experience. But as I use it more in the summer I guess car play would be nice to have.

82CA93B2-FD9B-4E6E-A103-452BED5A9E12.jpeg

22 minutes ago, JimUK said:

Could you let me know the model/spec of the head unit you’ve got, was that one of the aftermarket upgrades or because yours was a 2019 car did you get it from factory like that? Mine doesn’t have car play but it does have Bluetooth so that’s fine for me at the moment. To be honest I just leave the valve open and love to hear the engine. My other car is a Range Rover so when I take the Evora out I want to get fully into the Lotus experience. But as I use it more in the summer I guess car play would be nice to have.

Hi - Alpine iLX-720

Bigger screen than the factory unit, looks much better IMO, and no less OEM 🙂 You can even colour match the buttons 🤓

Mine has the subwoofer too - I knew I would be doing some long trips so decent audio was a must, and it works fine. As you will have found, the Evora NVH is amazing - even at 100 it is pretty quiet (Road surface depending of course!). This is where the more modern tub architecture (cf Elise etc.) really makes itself known.

Then, when mood/road changes - press the button, and drive like a nutter accompanied by one of the best engine soundtracks of any car, ever!! 

20201214_145022.jpg

• Gold FFM

Yea looks a great option.

is that the Alpine iLX-720D (D on end)?

Just trying to see how much they are these days but seems a few variations. Does it work with DAB? (Seems to from your photo)

I think (need to check) mines got the sub.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, JimUK said:

As there are so few of them I’d love to try and get a list of all the cars and their colour combos etc.

Start a new thread/topic under the Evora section of the forum and create a "sticky" first post where we can keep a register - there are only around 25 UK cars.

Then each owner could post pics of their car.

Re the ICE, I've never had an issue with mine and just pay the £15 or a year to update the speed camera database on it - it's the most useful part of the ICE for me as when I use the car I really bother with the radio/music as the window and the exhaust valve is always open!  The speed camera database is good as not only does it show the fixed cameras, it also shows the average speed zones and tracks your average speed in the zone, and the locations of the mobile speed vans - always good to know where they are.  I use that extensively to make sure I am safe at play. 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• 2 months later...

Welcome to TLF James.

That really looks the business. Congratulations!

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• 1 year later...
On 17/01/2021 at 14:49, JimUK said:

Hi all

First time Lotus owner. Having driven some Elise and Exiges in the past. Just picked up an Evora 410 Sport in black.

Absolutely love the car, looked at a few but fell in love with the carbon on the 410 Sport.

And before anyone asks - yes I like the carbon seats 🤣

Looking at joining some Lotus clubs and doing some track days in 21 if COVID allows!

I live in Devon so hopefully some Devon&Cornwall owners on here 😃

James

5F853186-9103-40A4-81E4-D51EB61A241F.jpeg

B3C2F395-0425-4C7D-BFC6-9A5FF9756652.jpeg

Does your Evora include the optional 410sport Ohlins and the optional rear 10.5 Evora gt430 wheels?  That side view looks the business!  I have a 400.  Looking into the Ohlins and the OEM wheels you have!