free hit
counters
First Lotus - Evora 410 Sport - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

First Lotus - Evora 410 Sport

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all First time Lotus owner. Having driven some Elise and Exiges in the past. Just picked up an Evora 410 Sport in black. Absolutely love the car, looked at a few but fell in love with the

Hi @JimUK. Not many Sport 410owners on here that are active, one moved to a GT430the other to a Ferrari 458! I have the CUP 2's but to be honest my view is they are a compromised choice for the r

Another Sport 410 owner here - welcome, you will love it 🙂   I think I may have the last one registered in UK.... (Aug 2019)

Posted Images

Welcome to TLF. 👋

What a cracking first Lotus. If you’re finding the seats too upright, are you aware that you can buy some brackets to give some adjustability?

Thank you, I always promised myself I would get a V6 Exige.... but having driven the Evora 410 it just suits what I want to use it for a little better than the Exige.

Still 🥰 the Exige. I would still like one at some point in the future.

I seem to be lucky, the upright nature of the seats suits my driving position so I am really happy in them. I was really worried before I got it that maybe I wouldn’t be.... how adjustable do the brackets make them out of interest? Do you have a link to where they are sold so I can take a look, could be good to keep the link in case whoever I sell it to doesn’t share my seating position. 😄

• Gold FFM

Hi @JimUK I have a 410 Sport and like you I love the car and I love the carbon seats.  Hope the car brings you miles of smiles.

The brackets are out of production, they were made by Lotus Hardtops (Jon Seal is on here some times, the owner of the company). They provide 2 additional points of "tilt" for the seat, the main benefit for me is that by tilting the seat back they lift the front of the seat up that improves the under thigh support.

The link is [email protected] http://www.lotushardtops.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=90_91 but Jon has stopped taking orders I believe for January.

All the best and good luck, the 410 Sport is a really special car and very rare! :)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Hi @C8RKH thanks for the info on the brackets. Do you have them fitted on yours?

Great to meet another 410 Sport owner 😃 , as you say, not a huge amount of us around from what I have read. Around 25 in the UK? Are there many more people with them on here do you know?

I am based in Plymouth most of the time so Castle Coombe is my closest track which I have done a fair few times in Elise and Exiges. Hoping to take the Evora there in 2021 Covid permitting.

Do you run Cup 2 on your 410 on the road? I’ve still got them on from previous owner and as long as I warm them up and keep it sensible they seem fine for the road. I know the previous owner had swapped to 4S for awhile as well.

@Bravo73 thanks for the link, if I ever get a problem I will deffo consider those. Simple but effective solution by the looks of it! (Other than the Sydney to Devon issue 😂)

Congratulations stunning car, definitely the best colour for a 410sport. Still on Cup 2s here and like you said get them warm and keep it sensible they are fine, come spring and summer no worries about keeping it so sensible 👍

• Like 1

Thanks @scotty435 I pretty much always go grey or black but love some of the other colours I’ve seen them in as well. The purple one that’s been up for sale is the only one I am not sure I could live with, lovely colour but better suited on a GT3 RS IMO.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, JimUK said:

I live in Devon so hopefully some Devon&Cornwall owners on here

I know there is a yellow one somewhere in exeter - belongs to a guy who apparently has an impressive collection, and had reported back to the supplying dealer how much he liked the gt410 sport. I have a gt430 and live just west of exeter. Congrats for getting the lotus - they are all special cars.

• Like 1

Welcome to TLF Jim and to Lotus ownership! :welcome:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
25 minutes ago, Neal H said:

Lovely car! I still think the 410 Sport represents the best value for money of all the 4xx Evora’s.

I am biased and would have to agree however the market seems to say otherwise, partly I think because people don't really know what it is. If you know what I mean.

It has more carbon than any other Evora bar the GT430. In all honesty I think people think it is a stripped out hard core track machine. It isn't. It's just more performance focused.

I also really like the interior. I loved my NA interior, but the 4xx interior is not, in my eyes, inferior to the S1 as many would suggest. Indeed, the all Leather 4xx interiors, especially when you get an Essex Blue or Motorsport Green with the red leather interior (like the Hethel Editions) are just gorgeous and every bit as good as an S1. It does not cocoon you like the S1 does, but it is easier to get in and out of, so both have their good points.

Anyway, to stay on topic. @JimUK, have your side reflectors (I really bloody friggin' well hate them, thank you USA) been removed and replaced or just painted black? I was going to get mine fully removed, and the recess "smoothed" out and repainted at some point, I hate them that much.

I also believe the "carbon seats" put many off. I guess you need to fit in them. I'm a fat [email protected] so when I get in mine I create a suction seal which means no matter how fast I corner on road or track I ain't going anywhere lol. But I also find them really comfortable, and unlike most of the second hand 400's and GT410's I see, the seat cushion and padding doesn't get battered down and saggy. Those Sparco's don't seem to weather use great - not the leather covering, but the actual core of the seat base.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Welcome @JimUK - stunning car!  To my simple eye I always think these have an ever-so-slight look of Knight Rider when they are in black!

@C8RKH - always enjoy seeing pics of your fire red 410, one of my favourite colours!

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Yup Fire Red for the win. However I similarly like seeing @Arun_D's Canyon Red Exige as that is also a cool colour but then I do love Ardent Red too. You can see the theme here I am sure.

@C8RKH your favourite colour blue and white.........

hi James and welcome to the Evora and carbon seat club!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

41 minutes ago, Techyd said:

Topic drift I know...but this is one of my fav colour combos!

image.png.3b859cc7607cd761e4eead4deae636e1.png

Copper Fire Red that one - was supposed to be a modern day take on Bond’s Turbo Esprit😎

Apologies James back to topic....you’ll get used to this. We’re a friendly vocal bunch here😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you and yes I am very much despite the poor weather to drive it in 🙂

Absolutely LOVE your spec. I am really into black/grey/yellow combos

What is the official colour of yours?

do you have any more photos inside and out?

Have you had it from new?

Wow that looks a stunning colour for 410 sport and the stripes actually look great for once. Probably the best looking 410 rare colour out there. The other rare colour models you can see why they they did not sell any great numbers because they where pretty dull and sales proved that. This colour for sure proves you can have a unpopular colour that looks amazing  👍