free hit
counters
Elite on BaT - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

On the USA site Bring A Trailer there is a LHD Elite being auctioned - the auction only has one day left. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-lotus-elite/

Can I ask you to have a look at the (many!) pictures and mention things that would concern you? I asked the seller for chassis pictures which he provided. The chassis has rust as expected but I am not sure how to "read" the rust. Regarding the front beam, it does not look too bad but in other parts the rust seem fairly deep. 

Of course the best remedy would be to remove the chassis and treat it but this is a big step to take.

So what do you think about the car? Chassis OK or not?

Upholstery original? If so it is pretty good.

As a USA car I would expect this to have AC. But it is hard to see any AC parts. Would there not be a AC switch on the dashboard? In one of the pics you see spare B posts with the 503 badge but these may be from another car.  

Any other things that are remarkable?

Would love to see comments about this car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably has a/c as it has the Chrysler alternator that was fitted to cars with a/c, and below that you can see the Harrison A6 compressor.  The interior looks correct for it's age.

Pete

Looks like its is a 503 which came with air con and power steering. 

To be honest that chassis doesn't look too bad. It tends to rot out badly on the top mount at the back which you can't see unless the body is lifted. At it's current bid its a bargain. 🙂

It's getting there......

Yes, got far too expensive (for me). Non runner, chassis not sound enough.