free hit
counters
how to price a gt3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi folks , as im in new zealand its a bit tricky to get a serious handle on what represents a fair value for a good gt3 , which we would like to bring to nz ,would love a heads up from some of the "locals" and maybe a pointer as to whos a trust worth dealer as i will be off loading a pile of cash for something ive never seen to a guy ive never met !!!

cheers   john g  n.z

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three key things to look for: Full documented service history with no/few gaps... These cars need regular, annual care without skimping. Large pile of receipts for the things that need doing

Posted Images

Hi Johnny and welcome. GT3's seem to range from £25 to £40k at present. It's unusual for Esprit's to be sold at dealers other than the usual suspects who will have been in the game with Lotus for a long time so it'd probably be easier if you see a car, to post it on here and we can give you an appraisal of the car and the dealer. You may even find the PO on here or a local member willing to go and have a look for you :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

thanks for the reply Bibs  , i would love to chat to a gt3 owner or any one who has had a later model esprit , as an esprit virgin i have read a lot but never really heard it from the horses mouth !!  ive only ever seen 2 esprit in nz, managed to get a short ride in one and i was hooked but that was years ago...  i have seen the offerings on the uk sports cars in kent site, who seem to be reputable , esprits seem to be increasing in value at a rapid rate , do owners advertise cars on this site ?, am i right in thinking at the moment as the uk is in lock down no one is supposed to be traveling unnecessarily ?   .  regards  john g 

There's a link to the classifieds in the menu at the top of the page but you're right, there aren't as many Esprit's as I'd usually expect.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 1 month later...

Being a Canadian stuck in NZ with my own Esprit back home tucked in for winter and enjoying the NZ Lotus Club here - I have been looking at Australia for a possible clean car - there are a few GT3's I have seen lately for sale in Ozzy.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 11.09.46 PM.png