free hit
counters
Reflection in rear window (Elise S1) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Does anyone know whether there is a window film that can be applied to the rear window, to reduce the reflection at night? Asked 3M and they said they do not know of any product that would help.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this in my S1 but not so bad iirc in the S1 111s as the window was tilted forwards to I just saw the heater and stereo instead! 

I'm not sure there's much of a solution, it's 'one of those things' of having a completely vertical piece of glass and a low car. Anything you put on there will be slightly opaque to diffuse the light so won't work entirely and will cause a slight loss of rear vision too. If there weather is nice enough, you can always remove it and enjoy more engine sounds (and smells!). 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I obviously don't use my rear view mirror much as I don't recall this as an issue back in the day. And 3 years with my latest S1, not even thought about it.

It did take me about 12 months to remember I could remove the rear glass.

Justin