free hit
counters
Rear lights and Daytime running lights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Does anybody know if it is possible to have the rear lights on when the daytime running LED lights are on at the front? Currently the rears are only on when you switch to dip beam, but I don't like the look of the dip beam lights. 

So one of my projects is to upgrade the dip beam bulbs and next to that I want to see if there is a possibility to reconnect the rear lights :) 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Kristof Thys said:

? If I switch on the 'city lights', in fact the DRL's dim to 50% and the rear lights come on. No dipped beam is on in that case. 

Mmm, I thought that if you start up the car, the city lights are already on. When you push the city light button it indeed dims the DRL's (so I thought this would mean you put off the city lights), but I was not aware that the rears will light up then 🤔 The sun is shining right now so I'll have a look after lunch :) 

1 hour ago, Kristof Thys said:

? If I switch on the 'city lights', in fact the DRL's dim to 50% and the rear lights come on. No dipped beam is on in that case. 

Just checked and you are right (not that I doubted that ;) ).

But then my additional question is why the DRL's dim? I like the look when they are at full brightness, so maybe there is a solution they don't dim when you put on the city lights? 

4 hours ago, Remonvdh said:

But then my additional question is why the DRL's dim? I like the look when they are at full brightness, so maybe there is a solution they don't dim when you put on the city lights? 

It's because DRL are actually quite bright (so that you can see them during the day when its sunny).

If they stayed that bright when its dark, they could blind other road users. They dim when you turn on the lights for safety reasons.

• 1 month later...

I too want to do this so keep us informed if you work it out . Currently speaking to a garage to see how we can do this