free hit
counters
Tyre recommendations for a V6S Cup?? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Tyre recommendations for a V6S Cup??

Currently have Trofeo R fitted, I’m after tyres for predominantly road use,  I may do 1 or 2 track days a year.
Can any Cup owners provide a recommendation?? Obviously nitron suspension was ‘tuned’ by Lotus for the Trofeo tyre.

Cant fault the Trofeo R, found then good in dry and damp, wear rate not great, but price is silly money for a car that will spend most of its life on the road, so Cup2? AD08? PS4?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyre selection is definitely a personal choice and it depends on many variables. I'd personally stay away from the latest AD08 compound as it's not as good as the R (previous one, unless of course you can find the AD08R). CUP2s if the car would see the track and driven mostly on dry days and PS4s if the car is used all through the year. Exceptional wet grip and more than sufficient dry grip for the road. But let's face it, we live in the UK, it rains most of the time:) Drawback is the softer sidewalls, it dilutes the turn in a bit even though it adds to the comfort (is that really a thing we are after?).

All the above is a personal taste of course and based on tyres I tried on different cars but not the Lotus. I bought mine on CUP2s which are not impressive on a wet and cold day I have to say. Superb on track if pressures are looked after.

23 hours ago, Tony4147 said:

Currently have Trofeo R fitted, I’m after tyres for predominantly road use,  I may do 1 or 2 track days a year.
Can any Cup owners provide a recommendation?? Obviously nitron suspension was ‘tuned’ by Lotus for the Trofeo tyre.

Cant fault the Trofeo R, found then good in dry and damp, wear rate not great, but price is silly money for a car that will spend most of its life on the road, so Cup2? AD08? PS4?

I am complete opposite as run Cup2’s but looking for Trofeo R but can not find a UK stockist at the moment. In any event Cup2’s work well on road except in very wet conditions 

How do Yokohama A052s, (which are available in the correct size), compare to Cup 2s? Are they equivalent in their respective ranges?

Edited by Robjo

• 4 months later...