free hit
counters
Any recommendation for the chassis reinforce? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Any recommendation for the chassis reinforce?


Recommended Posts

So one of my friend who tracking his 2015 exige V6 a lot told me that after heavy track use, the exige seems loose somewhere and start to making nose everywhere.

 

And I will running my exige on track more and more so is there any chassis reinforce parts I can use to boost the stiffness before it’s too late?

 

Roll cage is not my option cause I need to keep it road legal. Where I live roll cage is not allow in a road car.

D0807F62-391C-4C61-8D09-2EAA16CFB97C.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Front chassis brace is a good idea :) 

Having said that, it’s not as if the chassis is becoming flexible, it’s much more likely to be bushes on suspension components etc. Just enjoy the car and replace parts when needed and it’ll still feel fresh. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

If you're going to be tracking your car a lot have you thought about replacing your Toe Links (which can, rarely, snap) with the ones from Spitfire Engineering?  They are much more solid and they also do a "chassis brace" which will help to firm up the rear AND provide some support for the rear chassis/frame.

Relatively cheap mod and very safety/reliability focused, but could make a difference.

http://www.spitfireengineering.com/

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Highly unlikely your friend's chassis is deteriorating, as with every car that's used regularly on track,  inspection of the condition of the parts attached to the chassis is key:

Dampers

Bushes

Suspension links

wheel bearings

CV joints

Engine mounts,

Exhaust system

By no means is that a complete list but a good start.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Front chassis brace is a good idea :) 

Having said that, it’s not as if the chassis is becoming flexible, it’s much more likely to be bushes on suspension components etc. Just enjoy the car and replace parts when needed and it’ll still feel fresh. 

Thank you William, always the most rapid reply from you. Any idea where can find a front chassis brace for exige?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, C8RKH said:

If you're going to be tracking your car a lot have you thought about replacing your Toe Links (which can, rarely, snap) with the ones from Spitfire Engineering?  They are much more solid and they also do a "chassis brace" which will help to firm up the rear AND provide some support for the rear chassis/frame.

Relatively cheap mod and very safety/reliability focused, but could make a difference.

http://www.spitfireengineering.com/

 I will consider it when I decide to replace the stock bilstein to go with nitron, but if you told me those toe links will extra firm up the rear I definitely will do it. Especially I will get much more power than stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Highly unlikely your friend's chassis is deteriorating, as with every car that's used regularly on track,  inspection of the condition of the parts attached to the chassis is key:

Dampers

Bushes

Suspension links

wheel bearings

CV joints

Engine mounts,

Exhaust system

By no means is that a complete list but a good start.


Thank you Arun for your clarity clue, so you mean there is no need to worry about this aluminum glue chassis at all?

there is a theory said that this chassis is stiff enough 15 years ago when it just released.

But nowadays especially the develop of the tire make the game change dramatically. And they are imply that it won’t handle super sticky slick tire well like M2C,718 or other modern sports car.

And that’s the reason the exige have much better power to weight ratio but didn’t seems to have enough advantage on track compare to modern sports car,Blah blah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Leo Exige said:

 I will consider it when I decide to replace the stock bilstein to go with nitron, but if you told me those toe links will extra firm up the rear I definitely will do it. Especially I will get much more power than stock.

With the brace on it will be stiffer!

"imply that it won’t handle super sticky slick tire well like M2C,718 or other modern sports car" - and yet they have been racing for years with no issues etc. The hardest environment for any sticky tyres and chassis.  I'm not sure if you are worrying about the wrong things here re the chassis.  

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/02/2021 at 00:53, Leo Exige said:

Thank you William, always the most rapid reply from you. Any idea where can find a front chassis brace for exige?

Give Elise parts a call. It’s not on their website, but they can supply one :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...