free hit
counters
Exige Final editions - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige Final editions

1 hour ago, tactical lizard said:

I would recommend trying Steve @ Oakmere. I am happy with the deal as it appears I have paid similar to what others are quoting. 

Got the updated steering wheel too!

IMG_0457.thumb.jpg.d41d46e23269dda592baedb1d857ebd4.jpg

didn’t know they did a 20th anniversary in MG, looks very cool but not as fast as red 😀

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Deal all done looking like handover on May 22nd just need car cover

Roger! I did indeed order a Cup25FE. Strangely, my existing Sport220 is almost identical to the sport240 Catchpole used. (Blue, Forged Wheels (same ones), alcantara, all the packs, lightweig

Just put deposit down on a 390fe. It is a dealer stock so did not have option to spec it myself. It is very close to the spec I would of chosen just the colour was my second option.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Jcx said:

@TonyKLwill you have Military Grey again?

I've had my MG Exige (from new) since 2015 so I think it's time for a colour change but I don't have any regrets on my choice, possibly one of the first in that colour.  Only saw a swatch at the factory prior to ordering.

• Like 1

Yes.  Its nice to get a change.  I get that.  Fire Red would be on my shortlist.  Motorsport Green too.  But then Sky Blue and Riviera might also tempt...

3 minutes ago, Jcx said:

Yes.  Its nice to get a change.  I get that.  Fire Red would be on my shortlist.  Motorsport Green too.  But then Sky Blue and Riviera might also tempt...

A man with taste - I also considered MG....but turned left, where you turned right!😉😎

CECFAE71-53DF-479C-8B59-0CD18CD7E337.jpeg

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Jcx said:

@TonyKLwe really do have similar taste...  Elise? Evora?

Yes we do.  Motorsport Green is a lovely colour and I'd be happy with that but I feel it is too similar to the Military Grey hence the (to quote @stephenwhyte) left turn to Fire Red.  I did consider an Essex Blue but doesn't quite have the pop of the red (plum crazy is another great colour).

If it's not to be an Exige then it will be an Elise.  The Evora is just too big.

Those pictures should be outlawed in all good countries and children under the age of 18... no scrub that 50 should not be allowed to see them.

Totally gorgeous! 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That really is beautiful @stephenwhyte

you have helped confirm that mine will be fire red. It’s what I thought originally but that just looks mega. 
Now just to decide if going for the 420 will be worth the extra dollar for me. The need for ultimate speed isn’t that important to start with as mostly road driving but I’m interested in tracking the car later on. The main things I would miss are the wing and the front access panel which I both think look a real step up. I think I saw somewhere that there’s no chopping and changing so if I wanted to get these items elsewhere what sort of cost are you looking at for carbon fibre ? 

• Like 1

I ordered my Final Edition Exige in Vivid Green last year and while I still don't regret the timing of my order in the face of the Exige 390 I have to admit that the Exige 390 is a tempting offer that would have saved me a few Euros....

The Exige 390 is offered with the watercooled chargecooler - certainly that is the most important feature. I would have upgraded to the KomoTec EX460 anyway but that upgrade would have been 6 TE less expensive than applying that upgrade to the Exige 350...

BTW: The clutch of the Exige 390 is not upgrated and there's no oil cooler included but there's a digital AIM display which is great!!

I got the MX2 Strada from KomoTec which works perfectly with the AIM Smartycam HD - I seriously doubt that the OEM digital display offers that kind of compatibility.

Concluding: The Exige 390 is a great offer with a nice stearing wheel and if you could order it in Vivid Green (?) it would be almost perfect disregarding the rear lights.....

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Wilbert Camshaft said:

BTW: The clutch of the Exige 390 is not upgrated and there's no oil cooler included

I asked a main dealer if the clutch on the 390 is the same (upgraded) as the 410/430, he asked Lotus, the answer came back - 390 has same clutch as the 410/430.

I also asked if the gearbox cooler is fitted to the 390 (not sure if that's what you mean by oil cooler?) and the answer from Lotus was - yes, gearbox cooler fitted.

No idea if this is all correct, but I was told that the answers came direct from Lotus :)

3 hours ago, duncx said:

I asked a main dealer if the clutch on the 390 is the same (upgraded) as the 410/430, he asked Lotus, the answer came back - 390 has same clutch as the 410/430.

I also asked if the gearbox cooler is fitted to the 390 (not sure if that's what you mean by oil cooler?) and the answer from Lotus was - yes, gearbox cooler fitted.

No idea if this is all correct, but I was told that the answers came direct from Lotus :)

Makes sense as they have to produce only 1 drivetrain, not 2 

Does anyone know if the cost on the configurator  for the 420 is correct ? 
keep seeing it reported at £79900. But on the site it say £82675 ? 

2 minutes ago, DangerousDave said:

I'm in Panama but are these going to be RHD only or  can we get LHD? I know that NA wont get them..

Given the press photos are of LHD cars I would say yes

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Does anyone know if the cost on the configurator  for the 420 is correct ? 
keep seeing it reported at £79900. But on the site it say £82675 ? 

I know why that is - for some bizarre reason Lotus have updated the advertised price for the 420 to include OTR costs and delivery thus.....

Base car £79,900 + OTR costs £1905 + £870 delivery = £82675.

No idea why they haven't updated the 390 price list at the same time, that's still showing £64K which is the cost before OTR and delivery costs are added.

Gotta love Lotus :lol:

11 minutes ago, duncx said:

I know why that is - for some bizarre reason Lotus have updated the advertised price for the 420 to include OTR costs and delivery thus.....

Base car £79,900 + OTR costs £1905 + £870 delivery = £82675.

That's good news 

It definitely is good news and a dealer has just confirmed this as well. 
He also confirmed the 390 is also OTR 64k 😁👍

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Apparently 390 all gone!

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sorry but he isn't right.

11 hours ago, suffolk009 said:

The problem is all these cars will presumably be specced and ordered by the dealers and held in stock.

And will all be over 70,000

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, Matt said:

£64k excluding OTR costs.