free hit
counters
Exige Final editions - Page 7 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige Final editions

MarkieT

• Gold FFM

I'd say the "simple" response was to say "it looks shit"!  hahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha!

Obviously in my very humble opinion.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great review!  As ever some errors... the 390 doesnt have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres, it has PS4 - the non-S variety.  But that's a detail...

I did love to read this!  So true... 'cos when you know, you really do know.  But you have to drive one to know.

"...as ever when you fire up an Exige and flow it through a corner or three, you forget all the details and simply become absorbed in one of the most thrilling driving experiences around. Even today, in the era of the consecrated Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 and Alpine A110, there’s nothing else that makes you so keenly aware of the physics involved, nor gives you the same pulsating feedback through unassisted steering and a beautifully stiff chassis."

1 minute ago, pete said:

like to know where you can get one for £52,900

Off topic, Pete look what car I was out with on Sunday.

D2821407-728F-4213-8FF8-F8112A1B081C.jpeg

• Like 1

presume that is my old car. trust the owner is pleased with it

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

49 minutes ago, pete said:

Yes it is and one happy Owner 

• Gold FFM
55 minutes ago, pete said:

Lovely looking car that. Very nice.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

On 08/06/2021 at 19:31, scotty435 said:

Yes it is and one happy Owner 

Jon seal appears to have the car 

17 minutes ago, pete said:

Jon seal appears to have the car 

The Owner did say he was interested in a 250cup that Jon seal had in stock.

On 08/06/2021 at 19:31, scotty435 said:

He couldn't have had the car 5 minutes

4 minutes ago, pete said:

He couldn't have had the car 5 minutes

He does swap on regular basis, in the last year he as had a LF1, V6 Cup, 240 Exige and now looks like a 250 Cup

• Gold FFM
25 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

He does swap on regular basis, in the last year he as had a LF1, V6 Cup, 240 Exige and now looks like a 250 Cup

Hope he goes easier on the wife. Even billionaires struggle with the multiple divorce settlements.

• Haha 1

To anyone who has ordered a 390 sport Final Edition: I just heard back from Lotus, and apparently there are a grand total of just 15 Exige 390 Sport Final Editions being produced for the UK.  My dealer had estimated only 35, but 15 really makes these ridiculously rare :D

• Like 1

Just 15 in the UK, wow, and are the owners on this forum? It's not surprising in a way, with the Emira being so close to release there was bound to be a wait and see effect. I was in two minds myself, but with all the regulations coming in, and what appears to be a heavy bias on mainstream usability, I thought I'd go a bit more raw. I have the odd moment I think I should have waited, but know I'll still be getting a brilliant car. If the damn thing ever arrives... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

yeah I had the same thoughts.. I think the Emira will LOOK sensational and will of course be a great drivers car, but it won’t be as savage as the Exige, nor as nimble and uncompromising.. much more like the Evora I’m guessing, especially as they’ll want to sell it in the U.S. meaning it will have to be quite a bit heavier to conform to the stricter safety regs over there. I haven’t seen a single review of the Exige that didn’t say it was anything less than brilliant.. plus I had a couple of mark II Elises back in the early naughties, so I feel an emotional pull to the Elige platform.. got my 390 being delivered first week of July (originally late May).. how about you?

Mine was due second week of July, but seems to have slipped into mid August. Still surprised so few 390s were ordered, given then upgrade over the 350 it seemed to be the best bargain. I can add nitrons and any power as I need later. 

On 13/06/2021 at 12:11, 390ja said:

I realised the uniqueness of the 390 shortly after ordering, virtually a 410 in a 350 body. The combination of 350 spoiler and chargecooled rear light and vent layout mean the rear view can only be a 390. I know it’s a bit selfish but I’m excited to read there are so few. I almost feel I shouldn’t probably drive it as much as I do... 

Sod that, I bought this one for me!

yeah exactly, and loads of scope for easily and gradually upgrading these cars to 410-level in the future by adding back the carbon panels etc..

• Like 1