free hit
counters
Exige Final editions - Page 10 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Final editions

MarkieT

You'll never guess where my info came from this morning! I'm sure they'll sort it out for you nice and quickly :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No way, really? Whoever is solving it, tell him/her that I absolutely love the car and can't stop driving it 👌 Even small bugs like this doesn't affect joy and happiness driving and owning it 😃

And dealer was very helpful as well. They created an official document stating that the car is brand new with xx km/miles, that I was able to pass the homologation of a new vehicle 😀

• Like 1

So I had my run in service done last week. Finally able to give the car its head.

But I was very surprised to learn that there is no oil change performed at this service. I'm sure I've read on here that there is a mineral oil used for run in and then it is changed to fully synthetic at this service.

This is the 1000km/600mile "after sales" service. Not the full 1year/15k km/9k mile service.

The dealer just performed checks.

Any others have experience with this?

Edited by Sam Downey

My new Exige 390FE just had first service at 2,000 km.

Oil & filter changed to fully synthetic oil.

Also had a little "squeak" coming from seat belt mount fixed. 

AIM display has a rattle that I managed to locate & isolate. I little bit of neoprene between the plastic screen and the unit stopped the annoying rattle. 

Car is running beautifully.

Ok thanks guys. That's confusing. I guess I have to rely on the dealer as they are getting their information from Lotus.

@Matt W No, it didn't cost me anything, and there is in fact a little voucher thing in the service booklet that says it covers labour for that 'service' but you need to pay for any oil or consumables. But in my case, because there was no oil change, there was none.

I hope it's got the right oil in it....
I guess it's possible it could be different for overseas markets.

Edited by Sam Downey

On 21/12/2021 at 13:09, Sam Downey said:

Ok thanks guys. That's confusing. I guess I have to rely on the dealer as they are getting their information from Lotus.

@Matt W No, it didn't cost me anything, and there is in fact a little voucher thing in the service booklet that says it covers labour for that 'service' but you need to pay for any oil or consumables. But in my case, because there was no oil change, there was none.

my dealer told me the first service at around 1500km will consist of an oil change (free of charge). but they also said that lotus tests every new car on their track, wot and everything, so run in may not be that necessary. confusing...

On 21/12/2021 at 06:09, Sam Downey said:

@Matt W

My dealer (they are from Germany) suggested oil and oil filter change at 1500km. No revving over 4000 RPM before that. There is a break-in oil in the engine when delivered and the break-in oil is not good enough for the second camshaft, which switches on at around 4500 RPM. At least this is what they said. 🙂

They recommended Motul 300V Competition 5W-40 oil and this was put into the engine. 

No mayors issues by the car, just over sensitive passenger occupancy sensor and passenger lock cylinder got blocked preventing opening the door from in or out. And the odometer bug. Very happy with it so far. Also super happy that this thing could be street legal in 2021 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Toqcars said:

My dealer (they are from Germany) suggested oil and oil filter change at 1500km. No revving over 4000 RPM before that. There is a break-in oil in the engine when delivered and the break-in oil is not good enough for the second camshaft, which switches on at around 4500 RPM. At least this is what they said. 🙂

They recommended Motul 300V Competition 5W-40 oil and this was put into the engine. 

No mayors issues by the car, just over sensitive passenger occupancy sensor and passenger lock cylinder got blocked preventing opening the door from in or out. And the odometer bug. Very happy with it so far. Also super happy that this thing could be street legal in 2021 🙂

Ok thank you for that. I had wondered if this oil change was a money grab by some dealers but some are saying they didn't even pay for it so that doesn't add up. Perhaps I will insist on an oil change for peace of mind when my car goes back to the dealer early in the new year for a replacement for my cracked windscreen.

@Exigo & @phrankeee you guys might want to consider this also, I don't know?

17 hours ago, Sam Downey said:

Ok thank you for that. I had wondered if this oil change was a money grab by some dealers but some are saying they didn't even pay for it so that doesn't add up. Perhaps I will insist on an oil change for peace of mind when my car goes back to the dealer early in the new year for a replacement for my cracked windscreen.

@Exigo & @phrankeee you guys might want to consider this also, I don't know?

@Sam DowneyHave you double checked with McLaren and/or Chris?  Does the manual indicate what is required at 1500km?  Seems very odd.

The manual is ambiguous unfortunately. I did check with McLaren when I picked the car up (when you were there) because I was very surprised but they were confident. 

It could be a thing for far flung markets, or it could be an error on the part of Lotus Auckland, or it could be that a oil change it not strictly necessary but many dealers recommend it anyway. I'm sure these modern off the shelf Toyota motors are fully bench run in anyway.

Hey. Based on the smell and color of the oil that came out of the engine after 1500 km, I would say that it wasn’t typical brake-in oil. Sure it’s hard to be 100% sure, but it looked like proper engine oil that would be able to rev over 4000 RPM. But since dealer was so strict about it and about the logger in the ECU (revving before 4000 RPM and revving cold) for the warranty purpose, we just changed the oil right after 1500 km. 

But hey, I would change it anyway. Recommend or not. It’s the cheapest thing to do regarding the engine and prepares the engine for the long “stressful” life 🙂

• Like 2

This news article is saying:

• 35'124 Elise (last is a 240 Final Edition in Yellow)
  • 10'497 Exige (last is a Cup 430 Final Edition in Heritage Racing Green)
  • 6'117 Evora (last is a GT430 Sport in Dark Metallic Grey)

I wonder how many of these are

• Elise series 1, 2, 3
  • Exige V4 and Exige V6
  • Final Editions of each

Does anyone have more accurate numbers?

Oh, and these folks produced our lovely cars, thank you!

The-end-of-an-era_1.jpg

Edited by mayak
  • Love 1

I have my certificate of provenance, it states mine is number 5 of 14 sport 390’s. But also states this excludes 2022 model year that is(was at time of certificate) still in production.

so I’m not sure if there were more built after this but allocated to a 2022 build.

mine’s the only one in Elise grey at time of printing though :)

Edited by 390ja

2022 model? Really? Haven't they started the production line disassembly few days ago? 🙂

Regarding the certificate of provenance; so numbers that are reported on it are only valid for the market/country that the car was originally delivered to? Wouldn't that be a nonsense? Trying to get the logic behind...