free hit
counters
Exige Final editions - Page 11 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Final editions

MarkieT

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 hours ago, Toqcars said:

2022 model? Really? Haven't they started the production line disassembly few days ago? 🙂

I don't think they quite managed to finish all the orders in time so some cars will leave the factory / be registered in 2022.  Maybe they can disassemble the start of the line but I don't think all the cars are complete.

• Gold FFM

Most if not all manufacturers start the new model year in August or September. I think this originated from Europe with the traditionally longer summer shutdown when model year changes could be incorporated on the factory production line. For example, a Porsche 928 built in September 1978 will be a MY79 (as shown on the chassis number). 

I assume some MY12 Evora were built in later 2011 as another more relevant example. 

Justin

On 03/01/2022 at 00:31, SpiritofLotus said:

In my opinion that’s normal. There is a magnet to make sure the fire-extinguisher works properly regardless the car’s position (ex. upside down).

Greets SoL

Ok I see, do you know if it's easy to take out the canister? Thanks

No sorry, I don’t. I’m really picky with noises, but the rattling of the magnet is in my opinion only audible on very bumpy roads. And if you use the engine, you won’t hear it… Don’t forget, if there is a fire it probably won’t work correctly and you can’t order a new one 😉

I hope my answer doesn’t sound smart-alec, that wasn’t my intention. I just can’t write English…

Thanks for the reply, I don't think mine is a rattle sound, it's more like something loose rolling around inside hitting the metal canister, so it's actually quite loud even with moderate undulation of the car. Anyways the dealership has agreed to replace it with a new one, so I will see if it solves the problem and report back, cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations, and welcome :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Just a different front grill / number plate arrangement that the 410 and 430 have always had. 

I modified mine so the front plate can be held on with Velcro. Makes it quick to take off on track days to fit the tow hook. 

I've bought the magnet holders that I can easily remove the registration plate before entering the track (that its not blocking the towing eye hole and not blocking air for cooling).

Edited by Toqcars

In case you are asking me than yes, it’s an aftermarket. Magnets on the registration plate are rubberized to mitigate scratching. When removed (at least on the back), no screws/pins/clips are visible, because magnets are behind the frame/bumper. 

• 2 months later...
On 03/01/2022 at 23:07, phrankeee said:

Thanks for the reply, I don't think mine is a rattle sound, it's more like something loose rolling around inside hitting the metal canister, so it's actually quite loud even with moderate undulation of the car. Anyways the dealership has agreed to replace it with a new one, so I will see if it solves the problem and report back, cheers

So, did it help ?
I also have the Zero2000 extinguisher.
On high speed turns, I can hear something rolling, I hesitate between little stones stuck somewhere in the chassis, or the noise of the magnet (according to what said previously above) rolling in the extinguisher itself, as it sometimes sounds metallic 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2021 at 14:34, tactical lizard said:

You know that looks awesome there, but I remembered reading that someone had viewed a plum crazy and said it was a very flat colour in the light. That is what led me to discount the plum crazy as an option.
I sort of don't want to see one in the flesh because I may end up regretting my choice of colour  😂

Be certainly worth keeping hold of yours for a while if its the only one in such a unique colour, I can't see these end of an era cars losing too much money in the long run.

Had alacantra white 410, discounted racing green,plum and essex and burnt orange for various reasons went for nightfall blue with yellow calipers and stitching etc,its not stand out till the sun comes out,Then a presto see why i chose it

20210518_175220.jpg

• Like 1