free hit
counters
Exige Final editions - Page 4 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige Final editions

MarkieT

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
12 minutes ago, pete said:

The first year road tax is £1850 plus delivery charge plus psi,

PDI

They’re charging for the air in the tyres?!!😳

What do you guys think about getting ohlins for the 420 instead of the 3 way nitrons?

I'm VERY happy with the street manners of the r/t series. People have been saying the 390 is more dd friendly due to not having the nitron 3ways...

Trying to decide between the ohlins 2-3 ways is tricky as well...

7 hours ago, DangerousDave said:

What do you guys think about getting ohlins for the 420 instead of the 3 way nitrons?

I'm VERY happy with the street manners of the r/t series. People have been saying the 390 is more dd friendly due to not having the nitron 3ways...

Trying to decide between the ohlins 2-3 ways is tricky as well...

The   Nitrons are great shocks but for mainly road use you need to change the springs as they are just too stiff . Alternatively use Ohlins 

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Is this confirmed? Does seem remarkably fast. There wasn’t a maximum number of each model mentioned was there? Or did I miss that?

Dealer checking with Hethel on Monday 

21 minutes ago, DangerousDave said:

So aside from  CF and 10 hp   light weight wheels, ti exhaust, cf roof whats the difference between the 430 and 420. The 430cup seems to be street friendly and compliant...

There are a number of differences between the Cup 430 and 410/420 some cosmetic but others performance related. Been covered many times on other posts, although no doubt the 430 is fine for just road use 

1 hour ago, Tex said:

There are a number of differences between the Cup 430 and 410/420 some cosmetic but others performance related. Been covered many times on other posts, although no doubt the 430 is fine for just road use 

Thanks i think i'll get that instead altho i'm not sure what the diff is between a final edition 430 cup vs a normal 430 cup?

Was kinda fearing all the 420 jokes.

• diamond cut wheels (or anthracite)
  • AIM digital dash 
  • new steering wheel
  • interior seat colours (X-brace design)
  • a few different car colours 
  • a plaque and stickers that say "Final Edition"

That's about it. They could have done better IMO (e.g. limited & exclusive design like Type 25/49/79 & 10 bhp more).

Edited by jbs
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, delta3 said:

just put down deposit today for 390. no delivery schedule as of yet. does anyone know if the 390 comes with baffled sump, 410/430 clutch & flywheel, and gearbox cooler? (dealership is unsure and needs to confirm.) thanks in advance!

Main dealer told me (they asked Lotus) that the 390 has the 410/430 clutch and flywheel and the gearbox cooler. I didn't ask about the baffled sump so no idea on that one.

I hope so, as it is told in the press release

All models are powered by a 3.5-litre supercharged V6 with a baffled sump

it would be a shame if it is not true

2 minutes ago, fjc27 said:

as it is told in the press release

Unfortunately with Lotus, what is mentioned in press releases or official documentation doesn’t always make it into the production cars. 

But I hope that it does in this case. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Unfortunately with Lotus, what is mentioned in press releases or official documentation doesn’t always make it into the production cars. 

But I hope that it does in this case. 

that's what my dealer told me as well lol

58 minutes ago, Neal H said:

I know from personal experience that just because it says in the brochure that something is fitted, it doesn’t mean it is.

what was missing?

In my case, paint protection film. They fitted it to all versions of the Elise apart from the 250 Cup, despite it being clearly listed in the 250 Cup spec in the Cup specific brochure.

Without it, your paint work will be buggered up in under a thousand miles, so if anyone is ordering an Elise 250 Cup FE - worth checking!