free hit
counters
Exige Final editions - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige Final editions

Same here with bits of stuff that disappeared off the 380 Sport when I bought mine.

cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Roger! I did indeed order a Cup25FE. Strangely, my existing Sport220 is almost identical to the sport240 Catchpole used. (Blue, Forged Wheels (same ones), alcantara, all the packs, lightweig

Deal all done looking like handover on May 22nd just need car cover

Just put deposit down on a 390fe. It is a dealer stock so did not have option to spec it myself. It is very close to the spec I would of chosen just the colour was my second option.

Posted Images

IMO, the baffled sump is an upgrade only if you visit the track regularly and you are a quick driver (to warrant the benefits of having one) - otherwise is a pain in the ass.

Something I found out after I bought my car was that the rubber gates inside the sump need to be replaced every 2 years. Which means extra labour for dropping the sump (with risk of leaking in the future if not done properly) plus the kit. 

17 hours ago, MrD said:

IMO, the baffled sump is an upgrade only if you visit the track regularly and you are a quick driver (to warrant the benefits of having one) - otherwise is a pain in the ass.

Something I found out after I bought my car was that the rubber gates inside the sump need to be replaced every 2 years. Which means extra labour for dropping the sump (with risk of leaking in the future if not done properly) plus the kit. 

noted, thanks. the car will see track time and canyon runs. sticky rubber of course. just hoping for no leakage! (sump)

Interesting, I don't know of anyone that has had the Cup 'trapdoor' sump gates renewed. I don't think B&C or H111 did this as part of routine servicing on my Cup.

34 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

Interesting, I don't know of anyone that has had the Cup 'trapdoor' sump gates renewed. I don't think B&C or H111 did this as part of routine servicing on my Cup.

From memory, Lotus retrospectively added it to the service schedule, once the 380 came off the production line with the Cup sump fitted.  The Cup cars built by motorsport had a "service guide" which also didn't mention it, and was fairly intense in its intervals as it was intended for track cars, so it wasn't until the 380 and 311 came along that it became part of the usual schedule.

The problem is that removing the "tin" sumps can be tricky to do without bending the sealing face.  You're almost better off longer term fitting the Moroso sump as that is fit and forget (not rubber gate flaps with "Lotus" embossed on them!), rather than taking the sump off every two years.  Or, not worry about it, but maybe Lotus had some issues with the rubber flap deteriorating in the sump (not a huge surprise I guess?)?

Dave

• Like 1

I choosed to have a Lotus baffled sump fitted on my sport 380 when I bought it, before I knew the rubber gate flaps had to be serviced... But last time I saw my dealer he was not categoric on the frequent servicing interval considering my car is not intensively used (only one or two trackdays per year).

• Like 1

Not wanting to hijack the FE thread but people might find this info useful. Mine is 6 and a half years old and it had the gates changed 2 times, one in 2016 (date was also written on the sump) and one now under my possession. I need to check my records and see which garage did the first change, worth mentioning that the other garages (one was a lotus dealership) didn't bother, maybe because they were concerned of a possible future leak or maybe because the previous owner didn't give the go ahead.

I had mine done at Rapid mechanical services and Andy reassured me that if done properly there is nothing to worry about. Apparently he's done it on a few sumps now with no issues and I'm sure there are many capable people out there to do a good job. Imo, if lotus says 2 years then 2 years it is unless the car sees no use at all so you might want to consider an interval stretch. Added bonus, a keyring with a lotus rubber gate;)

400 miles since the last service and the sump is bone dry as always which is good news:)

20210217_184719.jpg

• Like 1

Have to agree with Dave H111, Moroso sump all the way, fit and forget.

just my 2p worth.

4 hours ago, delta3 said:

or perhaps another option would be, when time comes to replace the rubber gates, just replace the whole thing with moroso.

Problem is that the price difference (labour and kit Vs moroso unit) is quite substantial, especially when you consider that you'd also have to pay labour for switching the sumps over. If it doesn't leak then why bother?

I guess the 'why bother?' bit comes down to the fact if you think the rubber gates have deteriorated or not (or are likely to in the near future), therefore compromising the sump's anti-surge performance. 

Anyhow, I've learnt something this week which may influence some servicing decisions for me in the future, cheers @MrD

• Like 1
On 08/02/2021 at 14:41, MarkieT said:

Looks like they are including the AIM dash as standard as well.

It is a "road legal" version of the AIM. So there is a difference. But not clear how much of a difference. According to Lotus this version will also be available as aftermarket option somewhere this year.

On 17/02/2021 at 12:05, delta3 said:

just put down deposit today for 390. no delivery schedule as of yet. does anyone know if the 390 comes with baffled sump, 410/430 clutch & flywheel, and gearbox cooler? (dealership is unsure and needs to confirm.) thanks in advance!

Confirmed by a well known dealer that 390 has all those bits - the same drivetrain as 420/430. 

makes the 390 a "Best Buy"

Edited by SFO
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

@Matt fire red is a great colour! Enjoy bud

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, Matt said:

424CFAE9-3A7A-4432-BD80-7E484D13F00E.jpeg

That has the front access panel and rear wing from a 420 FE .. pricey options 

Edited by SFO

Did someone say Fire Red!👂😂

Inspired choice Sir.....you’re about to join a very select club!😎😉

52D2696F-4A1B-46C6-ABBF-91F68A8132E5.jpeg

• Like 1

C8RKH and stephenwhyte. Your cars are stunning and the colour I really wanted.Also Arun_d’s Canyon red, all the pics of your cars are amazing. 
I’ve  had a bit of a wobble the last few weeks as there’s a couple of fire red exiges for sale but I just don’t think the garages have done the best with the pics. 
I can’t blinking wait and yes gone for carbon front access, rear and wing. I Just love the look of the carbon but didn’t think I’d miss the extra grunt of the 420. If I get into tracking it then 10k should get me above 420 spec via komotec etc I think 🥴All I need to do now is get my extension built (for the garage)  and find someone who will insure it 🤦‍♂️And then work out if to tell swmbo about it or just turn up in it😬

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Matt said:

I’m going to be joining the fire red team with a 390fe around beginning of June all being well. 
I’ve  been trying to get insurance quotes but the FE additions aren’t available yet so just to get an idea I’ve said it’s a 410. 
Will they add the 390 at some point is it just because none have been supplied yet ? 

Im getting the car from Silverstone who have been great so far all over email or phone but I want to get it detailed and ppf done when it comes. Silverstone offer this but would I be better going elsewhere? 
cheers Matt

424CFAE9-3A7A-4432-BD80-7E484D13F00E.jpeg

I'm also getting a fire red exige 390. It will be built in may.

Don't worry though, mine is coming to the southern hemisphere. 

Stephen Whyte fortunately reassured me of the colour 😀

• Like 1