free hit
counters
Ummm... Battery? - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Ummm... Battery?

Go to solution Solved by RHDV8,

• Gold FFM

Well, update, having enjoyed your battery of jokes, I was energised and charged out to try to spark it into life. Unfortunately my enthusiasm fizzled after connecting the Noco got a negative result.

I shall zap the garage a line tomorrow and see if they can shed light on what is keeping me static.

(Better to laugh than cry)

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Can you access the boot to trickle charge? I had a dead battery on the McLaren - they are expensive with a capital E - but I put it on charge for 2 days and all fine. I had to reset the charger numerous times initially but it took a charge eventually. 

Justin 

• Gold FFM

Note, I bought the dynamic silver battery from battery guys (listed height looks ok) it doesn't fit in the battery compartment. The other option might. I'm going to order a Varta silver instead as I know this fits from others comments!

• Gold FFM

The saga continues. I'm quite certain this is not a battery issue. Which worries me, jump starting and new batteries don't start the car.

I've had a coupe of unexplained check engine lights, limp home mode and ABS warnings over the last few months reporting different things seemingly with no real cause. Now this, which looks like an electrical issue.

I believe the car is right in the wheelhouse of the dreaded wiring harness debacle so I have the fear. I'm going to get it towed to Hoffman's tomorrow to see if they can shed any light on it. Lotus will have the most info on the car so in this case would prefer they get eyes on... This could get painful!

• Gold FFM

You might be right. Called the breakdown out, as soon as they get here, it fires up first time without a hint of complaint and just keeps doing that.

Who knows!?

• Gold FFM

It's booked to go in on Wednesday with the proviso that if it's working now it might be hard to work out what was wrong with it!

On 17/02/2021 at 17:58, TdM said:

Right! Starter motor is getting done RHDV8 gets a winning sticker

Good news they got to the bottom of it!

Did they say how they managed to diagnose it?

Is the part easily available?

Cheers

• Gold FFM

They had it in for a while not sure all they did with it but they checked all the wiring etc. as requested. From what I understand if it's not in stock it can take a while to order as I believe it's not a UK part for Toyota.

• Gold FFM

Apparently it's relatively common. It's not a standard Toyota part. It's a Toyota part that is then modified by Lotus, so don't go to a Toyota dealer!

21 minutes ago, TdM said:

Apparently it's relatively common. It's not a standard Toyota part. It's a Toyota part that is then modified by Lotus, so don't go to a Toyota dealer!

On 20/02/2021 at 23:19, Cdm2018 said:

Another starter motor problem on the Evora ? Perhaps in the grand scheme of the cars the number follows normal failure rates ? 

I haven't has a starter motor fail on anything since about 1973!

Company cars I owned went to 80K miles before I moved them on. Company vans 200K miles.