free hit
counters
Final Edition Elise Cup 250 - Page 10 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Final Edition Elise Cup 250

CocoPops

On 19/08/2021 at 12:50, Slow Yank said:

Could be? Lotus did the same thing with the late S2 Exiges IIRC.

I actually managed to track down pictures of the yellow Cup 250 with the body-coloured aero that I referenced above. It is/was for sale in Australia of all places. Pics for those who are interested:

1ntxpa7azbjfauly8ewhbb0wo.jpg

2elpu3ajcm7b1o0tl0gtt7k73.jpg

2h9xtmfrmswmhz84rukjpqiyw.jpg

cnp65v8rmjvc4nbk74g47tobh.jpg

7qynne1dz4flsoigyz7cxo6v.jpg

ea31nzfdpg4ku21yho04a529t.jpg

covec8a79xdbgj6s0zlayckkq.jpg

Three months ago I've seen 2 yellow ones on sale, 1 red one and 1 green one, all in France. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Lovely, congratulations! Your first Lotus @VictorOZ?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Great! You're going to have a lot of fun with it :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 04/09/2021 at 13:19, VictorOZ said:

First post, just wanna say hi to everyone. Took delivery of mine yesterday :)

462074BB-4790-4D1D-BFEE-41CB85AB2139.jpeg

Welcome to TLF Victor. :welcome:

Car looks great.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

Any issues or questions with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

On 03/09/2021 at 06:19, CocoPops said:

Collection day!

straight onto trailer and off for PPF, detailed Tuesday.

Doesn’t it look superb though!?

EB7D4150-06F7-4282-9F50-A7DA245CABE6.jpeg

6522AB2C-74AD-4BB6-ADDB-4BE2D2A14035.jpeg

118A2B78-B15F-4029-8543-61B2ED1B7414.jpeg

Big wing on the trailer there Lee. :getmecoat: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

On 04/09/2021 at 13:19, VictorOZ said:

First post, just wanna say hi to everyone. Took delivery of mine yesterday :)

462074BB-4790-4D1D-BFEE-41CB85AB2139.jpeg

Congrats, and welcome! I'm assuming you ordered the car from SCC? When did you place your order, and/or when was your build date? DId you get any pics of the car during production?

I'm still patiently awaiting mine...though I purposefully asked for a later build-date as I needed the time to get my driveway re-pitched prior.

6 minutes ago, Slow Yank said:

Congrats, and welcome! I'm assuming you ordered the car from SCC? When did you place your order, and/or when was your build date? DId you get any pics of the car during production?

I'm still patiently awaiting mine...though I purposefully asked for a later build-date as I needed the time to get my driveway re-pitched prior.

You mean SSC? Yeah order done end of Feb, I didn't ask for anything special build date. Where do I check for build date? And no, no production photo, didn't really bother me tbh. 

Did you get any hint for the delivery date?

On 03/09/2021 at 04:19, CocoPops said:

Collection day!

straight onto trailer and off for PPF, detailed Tuesday.

Doesn’t it look superb though!?

EB7D4150-06F7-4282-9F50-A7DA245CABE6.jpeg

6522AB2C-74AD-4BB6-ADDB-4BE2D2A14035.jpeg

118A2B78-B15F-4029-8543-61B2ED1B7414.jpeg

There's something about neon cars that makes them stand out over the other vehicles around. 

27 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Collected after having PPF applied, then dropped off for detailing and ceramic coat.

Looks great! Its crazy how much the sun changes the colour of isotope.  In the configurator, it looked pretty close to what the front of your car looks like in the first pic and towards the rear arches of the 2nd pic. The pictures you posted from collection day look a lot more "toxic" like IMO.

This colour really needs the sun to pop! Glad I'm in Australia. :)

What parts of the car did you have covered in PPF?

• Gold FFM

Full front clam, access panel (whale tail under screen), front splitter, barge boards, leading edge of rear spoiler, headlights, mirrors.

And you’re definitely right about how the light changes the colour!

can’t wait to see it in the sunlight once it’s been ceramic coated and shines!

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Wow! It does look amazing in that last picture. I tend to prefer shier colours but that is really nice. I guess you will put the PPF to test if you plan to use it mostly as a track-day car. Hope you can enjoy some good miles in it soon. Congrats, Lee!

• 4 weeks later...

Great video on the 250 Cup FE. Rob and Jon are true enthusiast of the brand and have some fantastic lotus content on there YouTube channel with lots more to come. Please press like and subscribe to there channel you will not be disappointed.

On 09/10/2021 at 07:32, jimichanga said:

Obviously mates of yours, interested to know how they get the red carpet treatment from Lotus.

Yes obviously i do do know them, but you have lost me with the red carpet treatment? .Please explain your logic on my post, there is never a mention they have been treated any different from any other FE customer? 🤷

I like their content good luck to them but invites to Emira launch, to Goodwood FOS, chats with ‘Dan from dynamics’ passenger rides up Lord March’s hill are normally very hard to come by. ‘very much invite only’ according to their Emira onboard video. Also talk of getting phone calls from ‘Scott at Lotus’ who sent him pictures of car in build. Not typical FE customer treatment I don’t imagine. Interested to know how they managed this when some other more popular youtubers have been frozen out. As I said good luck to them either way.

Edited by jimichanga

6 hours ago, jimichanga said:

Also talk of getting phone calls from ‘Scott at Lotus’ who sent him pictures of car in build. Not typical FE customer treatment I don’t imagine.

Yeah, I caught this. Not typical FE customer treatment for me. I ordered my car in early March, and haven't heard/seen much of anything since. A bit let down by the purchasing process to be honest.

One of the things that motivated me to buy a new Cup over picking up a lightly used car at a significant discount was the anticipation of seeing my personally specified car come through the hand-built assembly line; a truly unique opportunity.

I'm confident now that if I were to be looking at an Emira in the future, it will be used.

Edited by Slow Yank

• 4 weeks later...