free hit
counters
Lovely teachers - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

Sorry, but I've lost it with Teachers. This has pushed me over the edge and I doubt I will EVER again have any respect for the [email protected]@kwits that work in this profession and whom we entrust to educate our children, the future!

No doubt the usual responses about "don't be too hard on them" or "my wife's a teacher and she works hard" - sorry, don't give a flying fig. So selfish. Absolutely have not a got a clue about what it is like in the real world and for parents already struggling to juggle work and teaching/supervising their children.  To be honest, this is a dereliction of duty and the teachers concerned should be disciplined and sacked. Who are they to decide for themselves to "not do their job" for no reason whatsoever. Anyone else did this, they would get fired.  

Rant over. Feel much better!

A head teacher has hit out at 'moaning' parents for saying they don’t have time to let their children play in the snow, after some schools announced they had cancelled online lessons and told kids to go sledging instead.

Sue Blyth, a headteacher at Fourfields Community Primary School in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, took a swipe at working parents who had complained about children being give time to play in the snow during school hours.

In a post on Twitter, replying to other teachers who had organised 'online snow days', she said: 'We also did this and then had some parents complain they hadn't got time to let their children play in the snow because of their full time work! There was a proper Facebook moan about it!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's your predicted "my wife's a teacher and she works hard" reply. She's a teacher for special needs children of various disabilities and dependences which is an incredibly demanding job, work

My mates a Science teacher at High School. he was a Civil Engineer earning a lot of money but was away from home a lot. Take into account this is HIS WORDS NOT MINE!! He admitted he is "A li

The unions have become too political. They seem to view their role as being there to undermine the hated Tory government rather than work in the best interests of their members. That isn’t just the te

• Gold FFM

More likely they got lost going to work as their dog chewed their map

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

They were probably going to get stick either way, but I think that the other choice was more sensible and more easily defended. 

If they carry on and do the virtual lessons, then the parents that want their kids to carry on with the education, can do just that. Those parents that feel the little darlings "need" to play in snow, can do so. 

OK, teachers have a few less pupils online, but they only get stick from the few parents who want the kids to play but aren't capable of making that decision.

• Gold FFM

It's just snow FFS. What, do we stop future lessons so the wee little spoilt darlings can put their wellies on and go and play "puddle stamp"?

No they got stick for being totally [email protected]@king stupid, naive, and woke!  Just my opinion.  As a profession they really are becoming a joke in this country.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
45 minutes ago, pete said:

Used to be a vacation

FTFY :bounce:

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

As a profession they really are becoming a joke in this country

Absolutely. Their behaviour with the lock downs especially the first has been awful.

imagine nurses just refusing to go to work?? The unions are a disgrace also. 

some teachers have been inspiring - but they really are in the minority. Our two at home are having zoom lessons - and frankly - it shows just how inflexible and poor our education provision is in the uk. Why the bbc and government didn’t put up lessons online at the very first lockdown using some of the best teachers I will never know.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

You won't get an apology from me @Mysterae as I have not fired an insult at you or yours.

Of course it was a "mile wide brush", a gross generalisation, that's why it was labelled as a rant! - it was not personal to anyone. But then you knew that.

Pleased you are proud of the work your wife does and quite right you defend her choice of profession.

However to suggest that I know little on the subject of the plight of others and that I have a narrow little mind, when you know nothing about me, or my own personal circumstances, or those of my close family just says volumes about you.

My post was a tongue in cheek "generalism", an obvious leg pull rant (I even said it was rant a FFS) about a frankly ludicrous decision by a barm pot teacher/Head that you turned personal. Nice one. It seems that PC is the order of the day, good job I'm a dinosaur and dying out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, C8RKH said:

No doubt the usual responses  "my wife's a teacher"

Hahah yes!

My wife teaches sixth form young adults and has had to continue teach albeit online. She doesnt get snow days although as our 3 children have all been off from school due to the snow.

Her work still insist she provides the real time online classes making it a hard job to juggle. We have enough laptops for them all but my 5 year old cant do that on his own. So its a really hard job juggling her students and our children. Many of the young adults are finding it very difficult with mental health issues and suicide attempts are scarily common...

Your post however does look like a lazy teacher who cant be arsed to work but who knows whats going on at their home? Its hard to say.

buddsy

• Like 2

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM

@Buddsy - I agree a lazy or misguided teacher who probably thought they were being clever for sure. You got it. Thanks! :)

I'm going to ignore the "juggle", "works hard" etc comments as to be honest, isn't that what most people do? I started work at 0700 yesterday, and finished at 2145. It doesn't make me a special person, or a saint, or beyond reproach! And that's not because I'm not a bloody teacher!

I would go further to say that the subject of my rant makes what these teachers did even worse and it illustrates how little they know on the subject or the plights of others!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Coronavirus has caused havoc with my work schedule. My work mate - his missus is a covid nurse - and the school cannot seem to stop other key workers kids being complete arseholes to his daughter because of her mums work.

im now sat in the caravan after another 12 hours solid physical graft - throwing as much cider down my neck before I start all over again in the morning. 32000 hens arriving 03/03/21 - the sheds not even got any bloody doors on it yet. Stressed - yeah just a bit - still got another one to start next week 🤪

Only here once

Should be simple enough, school should refuse those other kids, put the burden back on their parents not your work mate and his wife. If those parents then cannot work because they don't have child care etc, they'd hopefully be forced to deal with the brats (bit of me suspects the kids are being arseholes because of things the parents have said).

• Like 1
On 10/02/2021 at 07:44, C8RKH said:

I started work at 0700 yesterday, and finished at 2145.

I don’t know how on Earth you manage to find the time to rant on here.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
29 minutes ago, Neal H said:

I can’t believe kids studying from home get “snow days” WTF is that all about?

Stop it, you narrow minded fool :)

5 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

I don’t know how on Earth you manage to find the time to rant on here.

Listening to some people on a long business call does not stop you from typing on here or anywhere else. Indeed, it would, if I was already, help to keep me sane!

• Like 2

On 10/02/2021 at 07:06, C8RKH said:

You won't get an apology from me @Mysterae as I have not fired an insult at you or yours.

Of course it was a "mile wide brush", a gross generalisation, that's why it was labelled as a rant! - it was not personal to anyone. But then you knew that.

Pleased you are proud of the work your wife does and quite right you defend her choice of profession.

However to suggest that I know little on the subject of the plight of others and that I have a narrow little mind, when you know nothing about me, or my own personal circumstances, or those of my close family just says volumes about you.

My post was a tongue in cheek "generalism", an obvious leg pull rant (I even said it was rant a FFS) about a frankly ludicrous decision by a barm pot teacher/Head that you turned personal. Nice one. It seems that PC is the order of the day, good job I'm a dinosaur and dying out.

Your first word was "sorry" so I took it for what it was worth :animier:.

I know your rant wasn't directly pointed at my other half as you don't know her (I can only presume!) but that's the problem with generalist comments, you colour everyone the same which isn't really fair. For instance, one person was caught shagging a sheep in Aberdeen and look what happened there.

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Mysterae said:

you colour everyone the same which isn't really fair.

Which also applies when you hold one person up to be a saint knowing that there are many who are lazy bastards in the same profession. It isn't really fair to brand them all as saints, nor is it fair to call someone narrow minded when you don't know them at all, or anything about them.  But hey ho. Life goes on. :)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

My best man is now a head teacher at a (good) primary school. I wouldn’t call him lazy and he takes the job very seriously, but he will also call bullshit on the hours that teachers claim that they work and suggestions that they don’t take all the holidays and do very little if anything during them. 

The only time that he sees much work done at all in the summer holidays is if the curriculum changes, otherwise they just roll out last years lessons again. 

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

• Gold FFM

Glad to hear that @Colin P, he sounds like a no nonsense guy.

We all know committed people through work. The ones who really do work hard and really are a credit.

we all know some lazy bastards through work too.

ALl jobs. All professions. Everywhere.

• Gold FFM

It’s far too dangerous for them to go back. You can only imagine the risks.

I wonder what the unions think of the nursing profession 🤔

teaching unions are a fecking disgrace.

• Like 1

Only here once

Good job the teachers union doesn't represent supermarket workers

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong