free hit
counters
Which Esprit Turbo to buy ? - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Which Esprit Turbo to buy ?

On 15/02/2021 at 05:22, Bling said:

I have added some photos of the Porsche in case anyone is interested.

[offensive photos deleted]

Errm, firstly, welcome to the forum @Bling! You may have missed the fine print in the membership agreement about the posting of photos of cars starting with a "P" being expressly forbidden. 

Now, carry on and good luck with your search on acquiring an Esprit. No limit to posting those  pics! 😉

:cheers:

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

***** Some additional perspectives................            

Yup, still have the GT3!  I've driven every Esprit variant except the Sport 300, and I bought the GT3 because it is hands down the best model I've driven.  Incredibly reliable, a modern-feeling joy ar

Says it all really.....when the man with 2 wants another😉😂

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, MPx said:

Well that sounds like the heart of "HECler" country - I expect ChrisJ will be along soon to sign you up...or pop into their group thread on here to join in.  Obviously at the moment that'll be joinging in to nothing, but hopefully it wont be too long now before we're allowed out again.  If freedom comes before the end of May, get yourself down to Castle Combe on the Sat of the Bank Hol w/e and a number of us will have our cars there to ogle at, sit in and maybe get a pax ride if the timing is right.

Edit: beat me to it Chris!

Thanks Mike. I may well do that. Before lockdown I attended a few car events.

What is the proposed Castle Combe event ? Informal get together or some larger organised event ?

@rudolphwolvenLovely car and great colour.

I am tempted by one of the more modern Stevens or Thomson cars. They are also lovely to look at and also have modern driver aids but I am worried I will fall regret not going for my initial love, the original G cars, as I did with the Porker

Edited by Bling

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, yeller77 said:

Errm, firstly, welcome to the forum @Bling! You may have missed the fine print in the membership agreement about the posting of photos of cars starting with a "P" being expressly forbidden. 

Now, carry on and good luck with your search on acquiring an Esprit. No limit to posting those  pics! 😉

:cheers:

Is this one more acceptable, contains a Lotus 😁😁

PeUOzv5.jpg

• Like 2

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, MPx said:

Its an annual event organised by Club Lotus always on that same Saturday each year.  Its open to anyone, free to attend and you tend to get anything from 100 or so Lotus in a monsoon, to maybe 500+ Lotus on a sunny day parking up in what is normally the paddock.   (Porkers and other lesser marques can use the public car parks 😉)  About 100 of us pay around £100 each for two track sessions of about 8 laps each (but you often get more sessions at the end of the day if you want at no extra charge, I typically do 4 but my record was 5 + lunchtime parade).  If you want track access you have to join Club Lotus and be in a Lotus car.  Also poss to "parade" around the track at lunchtime if you're in a Lotus.  But many just turn up to watch, gawp and catch up - with no intention to get on track.  Its a fairly soft session with overtaking by consent etc so not for the racers, red misters, and track day professionals, but great fun for us lesser mortals.  I've been to the last 30 and have even enjoyed the wet ones.  Cancelled last year sadly, but currently on for this year.

Thanks Mike. Sounds like a great day. I will put it in my diary. Who knows what I may turn up in 😁