free hit
counters
Exhaust Opinions. - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exhaust Opinions.

I'm replacing the exhaust on my S4, and I think I'm running with a Larini system......so.......

Single outlet or twin.

Single means original looks (not trying to mimic a V8) and no messing around with the splitter.

Twin means V8 looks (not sure if that's a good thing), but apparently it's louder, which is good, and better flowing which obviously makes sense.

What's your thoughts?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, if loud and high flow are good....

You should hear it with the test-pipe in place...

post-246-1186414743.jpg

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

I have a stebro twin exhaust and I really like the look of the car from the rear with the twin tips. Like Pauli said its totally personal choice...I think the twin tips give the car a look that is exotic ...to me the single side exhaust just looks like it is missing something.

Good luck!

Jason

htown, now that`s gotta be load, bet that kicks out some db`s on full throtle :) nice in a tunnel. Totaly agree aswell all Esprits should have been born with twin pipes after all they are an exotic car in my opinion!!!! After all Exotic is something most people don`t get to do or even see in a lifetime (in any shape or form, wether car, holiday etc...). So EXOTIC the Esprit is, do we all agree?

Edited by pauli

Hi Daniel,

I personally love the single exit (everything else is pure show off IMHO) from Larini. It is very well made and produces a very good not too deep sound.

Cheers

Marcus

www.PUKesprit.de

I'm replacing the exhaust on my S4, and I think I'm running with a Larini system......so.......

Single outlet or twin.

Single means original looks (not trying to mimic a V8) and no messing around with the splitter.

Twin means V8 looks (not sure if that's a good thing), but apparently it's louder, which is good, and better flowing which obviously makes sense.

What's your thoughts?

Marcus

I got the twin exit fitted and love the sound of it. I do not believe it has a flow advantage over the single exit, as the left side does not really blow out much, but it def. adds to the sound.

Mine stays with in the 96 db, which makes it just fine for road use. Not too loud, not too overstated, just reflects the cars appearance.

:)

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Well, if loud and high flow are good....

You should hear it with the test-pipe in place...

Woah Craig. You sure that won't end up burning your valence?

Personally I like the sound of my Stebro Dual, but it is heavy, a little crooked, and the original hanger tabs broke...

Sounds very V8 at idle and very racy at full throttle.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

i have the larini single exhaust

i have a 4 cilinder and am proud of it !!

do you know how many (fake turbo) porsche's drive around with the turbo spoiler :)

in combination with a emptied cat (rebuilt it as a straight flow pipe on the inside) it gives a marvelous sound. F 16 !

rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

Loud?

No that very short pipe with a small muffler isn't loud.

You should have heard mine when I bought it from Richard.

The cat was bypassed and it had a pipe of the same side running far enough to clear the splitter that was it.

Now that's loud for a 4 pot. I now have far more sound deadening in the form of a single exit Larini, which sounds great.

Andy

IMHO twin pipes either side belong on big banger "V" engines; I'm quite proud that my little 4 pot can snap at their heels and don't mind showing what it is. The Larini is definitely the nicest sounding single system, wish I had lobbed out the extra for one now.

Just for something different I modelled mine on the original G cars as a kind of homage, single pipe twin outlet;

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Yep, Larini Single Exit sounds really good (I have one too). Definitely not quiet!!

I also thought the dual exits on the 4 cylinder cars was actually poorer flowing. Perhaps the exhaust gurus out there can chime in?

Woah Craig. You sure that won't end up burning your valence?

Personally I like the sound of my Stebro Dual, but it is heavy, a little crooked, and the original hanger tabs broke...

Sounds very V8 at idle and very racy at full throttle.

The valance is going bye-bye in lieu of a current diffuser project. It's all v-banded, and I have a muffler and rh exit tailpipe for it now that all swaps in a few minutes.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

What we really need to do is start an exhaust outlet picture collection, ie, SE cars with dual, single. Also we can do S4/S4s/GT3 with single and twin exits. Best would be if we could do sound files with each exhaust at idle and on a flyby!!!!!! Who's with me!!!! HIP HIP, HOORAY!

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Thanks fellas

It came with a single pipe, so that's what it's having. If I'd have wanted it to look like a V8......I'd have bought.......well.....a V8 I guess.

Thanks for the input.