free hit
counters
Elise 240 Final Edition - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Elise 240 Final Edition

5pence

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It is indeed nice in its pure, simple lines. Very jealous. 240 Sport would also be my choice.  If I could. They seem to be in high demand, too, as delivery time seems to get moved back significantly each time we hear of an order.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5pence said:

I went around the factory with my Dad about 10 years ago and decided I wanted to get one so it's all exciting but wow, they aren't cheap. 

For a hand built car they are very cheap !

• Like 1

Great choice in car and colour, I have had 4 cars on this platform the last being a 250 Cup, which had full carpets and in my opinion well worth having, they give the cabin a more quality feel. 👍

• Like 1

My 250 cup has full carpets and as Scotty says they make the interior a much nicer place to be.

Mine has the carbon sills too which have had ppf fitted to protect them. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve never had a lotus. My later father and I always talked about getting one but never did.

I’m looking at a 240 Final Edition and keeping the spec fairly simple ie. air con to demist, a stereo, mats and keeping the standard leather and cloth trim.  Colour - solar yellow. Price is just shy of £50k on the road.

Am I mad? Probably the wrong forum to ask in eh? A quick look on Autotrader shows what I could get for the price ie an older Aston, an F Type.

Without test drives allowed it’s a bit of a challenge. I’m thinking the Elise will be great fun for drives out to the country side and that’s what I want it for. The pleasure of driving vs something my wife would be happier using?!

• Like 1

Yorkshire

On 10/03/2021 at 19:44, pete said:

Write up on sport 240fe in this month's CAR magazine

Great article. Just what I want a car for. To drive for the fun of it. 

Nice spec, congrats on the new car, you won't regret it :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Congratulations. I think it is a great spec. Pure and simple is what I would go for, too. Without knowing you, I think you will really enjoy and have no regrets.

Increasingly, I find more pleasure driving to nowhere in my 20 years old Mx-5 and my Evora than driving (or doing almost) anything else. The Elise would be like merging both, so if it is driving to nowhere and understanding what happens underneath that you are after, I think you will have a blast with the Elise. Plus that bond with your late father. It sounds like a good decision to me.

Unfortunately, I will not be ordering (I am guessing they must be close to outsold now), but I am sure I will be regretting.

Enjoy in good health.

• Gold FFM

@PR35H Fat-type and Advancing Mid-rift are just not, in almost any way, comparable to Elise. I am sure F and AM are great at what they do but they are heavy, thirsty, easy to drive very fast luxury motors.

Elise is nimble, economical, dynamic but in no manner luxurious. The drive is an information explosion compared to anything else this side of a Caterham. 

Go drive one and fall in love - very few do not.

Justin 

Thanks everyone. I knew I’d come to the right place to discuss this 😁. I mentioned it to a friend I saw today and he said ‘nice hairdressers car’ when I mentioned it 🤬 

Someone else said yellow will never resell 🙄

It's not their car is it! Tell them to buy a green one, it'll match their eyes :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Yellow is a very popular colour for a Lotus. Resale will not be a problem. 

You sure have some ignorant friends - do they work in Brussels? 

Justin 

Hairdressers car - he clearly has absolutely no clue, it's almost the exact opposite :lol: Genuinely quick, exciting, immersive, fun fun fun to drive.

Yellow is fine, bright colours look great on an Elise, but you won't be selling it anyway will you!

Congratulations and welcome :)

Ha ha ha - Thank you. Some brilliant comments & no I wouldn’t be planning on selling it...it’ll be for my daughter in the future (assuming we’re still allowed to drive them). 

240 FE didn't sell out like the 250 Cup. Plenty of dealer stock will be available IMO. 

I would wait until the stocks arrive, and do a deal on one of them. 

this is pretty much your spec .. stock car, so there must be a deal to be done 

https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Elise-N121/

Edited by SFO

I’ve spoken to a few dealers. None would discount but would throw in extras such as ceramic paint protection, paint protection film, free run in service, first annual service etc.

ive been told that all FE build slots have now been sold by lotus too (to dealers). The risk is then waiting and then missing out / not getting a spec I’d want.

What discount have others achieved on previous special editions?